Forums > Model Colloquy > Anyone else heard of prophotoshoot?

Model

Simone96

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

I got a message from a photographer who was promoting an app called prophotoshoot (http://www.prophotoshoot.com):

"Hi Esmee,

Nice portfolio!

I’d like to invite you to become one of the first models featured in Pro Photo Shoot, a new app that will make your life easier by allowing you to network with photographers directly from your smartphone.

The app will launch in Canada on Monday Aug 3rd, and I'd be honored to see your profile among the other top models that have already signed up for this free service. Although pre-registration is now closed, you can still download the app on launch day and be among the first members.

If you’re interested, read more at www.prophotoshoot.com or simply reply to this message and I’ll answer whatever questions you have.

I look forward to helping you get hired and find talent more easily, safely, and consistently. "

^Has anyone else received a message like this, is the app safe?

Jul 31 15 10:11 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Never heard of it but it looks like pretty much a knock - off of MM or any other model/photographer networking site.

Its value (if any) will be a matter of how many models, photographers, MUAs, etc. it attracts in each market (or non-market) segment,  The fact that it's apparently designed around cell-phone use rather than traditional internet is an interesting twist and one that will probably make it more appealing to models (since they tend to be younger and more adventurous) than photographers (who tend to be just the opposite).

As with any new service offering, a good due diligence and a certain amount of caution before making any sort of commitment might be wise.

All IMHO as always, of course.

Aug 02 15 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

- Phil H -

Mildenhall, England, United Kingdom

Moderator Note!

Simone96 wrote:
I got a message from a photographer who was promoting an app called prophotoshoot (http://www.prophotoshoot.com):

"Hi Esmee,

Nice portfolio!

I’d like to invite you to become one of the first models featured in Pro Photo Shoot, a new app that will make your life easier by allowing you to network with photographers directly from your smartphone.

The app will launch in Canada on Monday Aug 3rd, and I'd be honored to see your profile among the other top models that have already signed up for this free service. Although pre-registration is now closed, you can still download the app on launch day and be among the first members.

If you’re interested, read more at www.prophotoshoot.com or simply reply to this message and I’ll answer whatever questions you have.

I look forward to helping you get hired and find talent more easily, safely, and consistently. "

^Has anyone else received a message like this, is the app safe?

Could you do us a huge favor and report this to the Mod team via https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod with details of who sent it, etc? I might be wrong but I suspect this is something that has come to the Mods attention recently and is likely worth us taking a closer look at.

Thanks

Aug 02 15 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

The biggest problem with an app only modeling site, is not everyone use iOS and Android. Some don't even have a smartphone.
For that reason, I'm out!

Aug 05 15 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

I think the clue to the reason why none of us have heard of it is in the email.

The op is being asked to be amongst the first.

Modeling websites come and go all the time, few are able to go the long run.

Aug 05 15 11:32 pm Link