Photographer

Humberto M

Huntington Beach, California, US

I would like to read critiques about my profile, thanks.

Aug 06 15 12:21 pm Link

Photographer

JLC Images

Phillipsburg, New Jersey, US

Aug 06 15 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

Your images are not as good as you think they are, and you aren't as good with available light as you think you are, either.

Numbers 2 and 5 are acceptable images. The rest have a myriad of problems, to include posing flaws, bad lighting, bad composition, lens flare, etc.

This is a lifelong learning process, that never, ever, ends. Approach it from that perspective.

Aug 12 15 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Krpphoto

Cape Coral, Florida, US

These images are very good it seems. Techniques come into play with them. It seems two things are working for you. First the legs really have a lot of  "punch". You emphasize them either with " v" or diamond patterns-- A "v" (or upside down "v") might be the spreading at the feet while the knees are close together. Alternately could refer to this same feminine leg gesture as a diamond pattern. (Legs or/ and arms). The  second thing - which is what I want to learn more about is your success with facial expressions. Some models simply can do it well. Another way -- which I have learned but not had much chance to do - is saying certain silly words which can either cause laughs or allows certain lip movement that can add to the pose. ( but don't dare try it unless you know the model quite well.

Aug 18 15 10:58 pm Link

Photographer

ValHig

London, England, United Kingdom

There are dodgy facial shadows in practically every image. You need to either shoot at a better time of day (ie. not anywhere around midday) or use a reflector.

As an overall look at the portfolio... there doesn't seem to be a theme or aim to any of the images. Do you plan your shoots and have an aim in mind, or do you book a model and see what happens?

Aug 19 15 10:44 am Link