Forums > Photography Talk > Upcoming Couple/Engagement Photoshoot! Tips?

Photographer

Lady D Photography

Long Beach, California, US

Hello Everyone!

In a couple of weeks, I have a photoshoot with a couple who are engaged. They want to have an outdoor theme for their photos because they have chosen to a do a "Lord of the Rings" theme for the wedding 😊

Any tips or suggestions for working with a couple?

Aug 10 15 06:38 am Link

Photographer

Doug Bolton Photography

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

My first piece of advice would be to inform your engaged couple that you are just starting out as a photographer.... so.... WYSIWYG

Pre-scout location(s) so that you know what to expect, where and what the light is like etc.

Have a back-up location planned if you intend to use just using one. (and pre-scout it too)

As mentioned in your critique many times - Leave Photoshop alone, (or ask someone who knows how to retouch)

Did I mention that you should inform your engaged couple that you are just starting out as a photographer???

good luck

Aug 10 15 07:02 am Link

Photographer

Lady D Photography

Long Beach, California, US

Blimey Studios wrote:
My first piece of advice would be to inform your engaged couple that you are just starting out as a photographer.... so.... WYSIWYG

Pre-scout location(s) so that you know what to expect, where and what the light is like etc.

Have a back-up location planned if you intend to use just using one. (and pre-scout it too)

As mentioned in your critique many times - Leave Photoshop alone, (or ask someone who knows how to retouch)

Did I mention that you should inform your engaged couple that you are just starting out as a photographer???

good luck

Absolutely, I agree. They are aware that I am a beginning photographer, I will also have someone with experience with me on the field. We have a couple locations also, we planned ahead for that and if there are weather changes.

Aug 10 15 08:19 am Link