Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Frozen in time hair

Makeup Artist

Leanne UK

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

Hi Model mayhemers,

I wondered if any of you had experience with/ideas of how to make hair look like its frozen in time. So say someone is running and the hair is flowing behind them.

I'd like to create this look but as a still. I know their are some good hair sprays that are strong but I'd still like it to look natural and not hard so wondered if there were other ways that have been tried and tested?

Having a good think about ideas today  and would love any help/input from you lovely people smile

Thanks!!

Aug 29 15 03:15 am Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

A fan?  R-

Aug 30 15 06:11 pm Link

Body Painter

Lisa Berczel

New Castle, Pennsylvania, US

I'd play with a wig... shape and then set with some non traditional glues.

Looking forward to some input from a hair stylist.

Aug 30 15 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

If playing with a wig fast dry clear spray varnish (as used in the electrical industry) might work.

such as
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Insulating-Varn … 1260873183

Aug 31 15 01:07 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Danielle Blazer

Los Angeles, California, US

Have the model lay down on her side on a towel. Use a blow dryer to constantly move hair; keep that dryer moving. It's helpful if an assistant can do this. Meanwhile, spray Freeze It hairspray while using your other hand to shape the hair. This stuff creates noxious fumes, so use in a well-ventilated area. It's also incredible drying, so I'd encourage the model to care for her hair well afterwards. But it works, and quickly. Wait till hair is dry and flip her over and do the same thing.

Sep 02 15 07:11 am Link