Forums > Newbie Forum > New Model; Looking for Mentor Model

Model

f10rence_marie

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

With just having a shoot tonight, It went very well, and it was alot of fun, however I found myself posing the same poses every few shots. Is there anyone out there that would be able to teach me a few more poses and or the Transitions. I have been told I have alot of potential but that I need to figure out more poses of which my Photographer says I will get down with time. I am an easy learner and I really would love if a more exsperienced Model could work with me so I can blossom into a better Model. Much Thanks, and I appreciate it ahead of time.

-TIna

Nov 01 15 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Nov 01 15 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

Welcome to the Mayhem hienvy

New Model Info

Nov 01 15 10:35 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Also, in addition to above ideas, try YouTube, as they have many useful tutorials to help you get started.

Good Luck to You! smile

Nov 02 15 12:27 am Link

Model

Ana Lancova

Powder Springs, Georgia, US

Hello
I am not sure what the masses think of my work or better yet what you think of my work, but i would be happy help in any way that i can. Please feel free to shoot me a message.

Nov 02 15 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

you might also want top check the Big Buddy list at the top of this forum.

Nov 07 15 06:10 am Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

Being shown the ropes is helpful.  It takes practice.  Look at models' portfolios or browse through magazines and practice in front of a mirror.  Body language is important but feeling it is even better.  I've seen a lot of models who are great at posing but they have the same face.  As Tyra Banks says you need to smile with your eyes.  If you are being sultry or alluring,  think about seducing someone, it will show up on your face.  Or think of something funny or whatever you / photographer are trying to convey with the image. 

Be comfortable with yourself,  the more you do the better you will get. 

As a photographer with new models, I try to direct them and often I send them swipes of poses before hand - similar to what I'd like them to do. 

and have fun!

Nov 07 15 08:02 am Link

Photographer

San Anselmo, California, US

Tina .... MM can be a goldmine of info  if you study the  " lists" & or portfolios of a few top photographers like Philip Ritchie,  Phillipe,  Barry Druxman., John Carmen., /// Richard Avedon(not on MM) // You will get a ton of posing ideas by just looking at the poses used by these skilled photographers.  Good Luck... Mike

Nov 07 15 08:19 am Link