Forums > Critique > I want constructive criticism! !

Model

Jasminestream

New York, New York, US

Can I  get constructive criticism  about my Portfolio?  Things I need more work with and advice..
Thank you for your Consideration!!

Nov 04 15 08:21 am Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

Jasmine,

As a photographer, when I look at someone's portfolio, I expect to see their best work.  Having said that I think you have several good images.  And by good, I mean that show how well you can pose or convey a feeling.  The product you are trying to sell is yourself - your modeling skills. 

I am my biggest fan and biggest critique.  I look at my work and select images that I LOVE and that I feel shows what I am trying to get across to the viewer as well as my ability as a photographer and artist.

I'm not crazy about "Punk Rock" or "B&W" because I don't get any feeling of who you are or what you are trying to convey.
This is just my opinion. 

I like to look at other people's work, not to copy but to see what the "Wow" factor is.   So keep on posing and post the images that you absolutely love.

I hope this helps.

Nov 04 15 10:29 am Link

Model

Jasminestream

New York, New York, US

Thank you for your opinion.  It really helps but because bi have been a freelance  model for years , i dont only have one  type of style. I have various types to show the world that i can do different types of genres. Some people like it but some people likes others. Thanks for the advice as well!!
Jasmine

Nov 04 15 10:41 am Link

Photographer

D a v i d s o n

Gig Harbor, Washington, US

I don't really see anything in your port that stands out, my constructive suggestion would be find better photographers and let them help you what to put in your portfolio, and then be less demanding in your wording as it really puts people off with your persona . Just my opinion since you asked...

Nov 04 15 11:28 pm Link