Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Carmen, at Cardholder Services

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

And Rachel at Cardholder Services.
I have gotten [no exaggeration] 100s of calls from them.

Have you?

Nov 12 15 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SAND DIAL wrote:
And Rachel at Cardholder Services.
I have gotten [no exaggeration] 100s of calls from them.

Have you?

Not Carmen, but two different Rachels... one with "Cardholder Services" and one with Google. Both have called hundreds of times, on all our different phone lines.

Nov 12 15 09:23 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

i'd vote for any candidate who could fix this problem!

Nov 12 15 09:27 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Also go online with any bank or credit card company you have and "opt-out" so they can't share your information.

Nov 12 15 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MoRina wrote:

Also go online with any bank or credit card company you have and "opt-out" so they can't share your information.

I keep my numbers current (every few months) at that do not call thing.... and just in the past 5 minutes got 2 calls (one on my cell, one on a home number) from Heather with Card Services. Sheesh.

Nov 12 15 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

From a BBB article from 3 years ago:

"If you are still receiving these calls on your home phone or cell phone, you are not alone!  A major robocalling robo call 186x300 Pesky Robocalls from Rachel or Cardmember Services Haven’t Gone Away! LET’S CHANGE THAT!!!operation, SBN Peripherals, aka Asia Pacific, recently was barred from making these calls by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).  The record number of calls per day was quoted as being “2.4 million calls to consumers – more than 27 calls per second”.  This company, which outsourced calls to multiple companies in various countries, including Hong Kong and the Netherlands, is responsible for having made over 2.5 billion calls between “January 2008 through August 2009”.  The calls were peddling credit-card reduction plans, auto warranties, among other services."

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2012/07/7259/

Nov 12 15 11:04 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Lightcraft Studio wrote:

I keep my numbers current (every few months) at that do not call thing.... and just in the past 5 minutes got 2 calls (one on my cell, one on a home number) from Heather with Card Services. Sheesh.

Crazy, but the Do Not Call site only solves part of the problem.  You still have to opt-out with companies you are already doing business with.  It takes some time to find the links on each site, but it will eventually help.

Nov 12 15 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I have received 3 fake IRS calls.

Nov 12 15 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MoRina wrote:

Crazy, but the Do Not Call site only solves part of the problem.  You still have to opt-out with companies you are already doing business with.  It takes some time to find the links on each site, but it will eventually help.

Apparently there's nothing we can do about Carmen, Rachel, etc.... they ignore the do not call list and there's no way to contact them... they're scammers and identity thieves.

I see one article that says your best best is to try end engage them, waste their time by giving them wrong credit card number/SS#, etc. and hope they think you're nuts and they eventually take you off their call list.

Nov 12 15 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I just don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize.  If it was important, they would actually leave me a VM.  Outside of that, my phone is set for auto-block unless your number is white listed.

Nov 12 15 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

MoRina wrote:

Mo, I faithfully filled out this form each time I got a call for a couple of years - maybe 8-10 times per week at first.  The calls kept increasing, in particular the Cardmember Services/Rachel series.

Do Not Call doesn't work, filling out their forms is a waste of time, IMO.

Nov 12 15 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Gryph wrote:
I just don't answer calls from numbers I don't recognize.  If it was important, they would actually leave me a VM.

Yeppers. Same here. If I don't know you, I'm not picking up. If you don't leave a VM then I probably didn't want to talk with you anyway. Simple. Effective. Haven't had a crap call in years.

Nov 12 15 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lohkee wrote:

Yeppers. Same here. If I don't know you, I'm not picking up. If you don't leave a VM then I probably didn't want to talk with you anyway. Simple. Effective. Haven't had a crap call in years.

The problem with some of these creeps is if you don't at least answer and then hang up, they keep trying until you do so. Answering and hanging up at least gets you off their dial list for a few weeks.

Nothing worse than being on one important call and having these people trying to call you, so your call waiting is beeping like crazy while you're trying to talk.

Nov 12 15 02:37 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Lightcraft Studio wrote:

The problem with some of these creeps is if you don't at least answer and then hang up, they keep trying until you do so. Answering and hanging up at least gets you off their dial list for a few weeks.

Nothing worse than being on one important call and having these people trying to call you, so your call waiting is beeping like crazy while you're trying to talk.

I see your point. I dunno exactly how they work. Maybe because I've never picked up they just gave up on me. Kind of a shame in a way as I keep hoping for one of those IRS calls just for the sake of really messing with them. Guess it'll never happen since I don't pick up. Oh well. Such is life I suppose.

Nov 12 15 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Lohkee wrote:

I see your point. I dunno exactly how they work. Maybe because I've never picked up they just gave up on me. Kind of a shame in a way as I keep hoping for one of those IRS calls just for the sake of really messing with them. Guess it'll never happen since I don't pick up. Oh well. Such is life I suppose.

One of my numbers was owned previously by some deadbeat who didn't pay her bills. I've had the number for about 12 years now, and still get collection agencies calling for that person. Drives us nuts... the collection agencies sell the account to other agencies, then the new one starts up all over again.

Nov 12 15 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I bought a Digitone Call Blocker Plus!  If a caller does not leave a message, I look up the number on the Internet.  Then I block the number.

I have filled up that unit and have added a CPR CallBlocker.

Nov 12 15 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Lightcraft Studio wrote:

Apparently there's nothing we can do about Carmen, Rachel, etc.... they ignore the do not call list and there's no way to contact them... they're scammers and identity thieves.

I see one article that says your best best is to try end engage them, waste their time by giving them wrong credit card number/SS#, etc. and hope they think you're nuts and they eventually take you off their call list.

I have called the phone company. The offender - as of a year or 3 ago- was in Michigan.
When my caller ID says call is 'my real number' 'neighbor' - this is 'Spoofing.'

How they get away w felonies [stealing strangers money] and keep on, is beyond me.

Also Verizon told me 'Rachel makes millions of calls.'

Nov 12 15 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Lightcraft Studio wrote:

One of my numbers was owned previously by some deadbeat who didn't pay her bills. I've had the number for about 12 years now, and still get collection agencies calling for that person. Drives us nuts... the collection agencies sell the account to other agencies, then the new one starts up all over again.

What about speaking to a lawyer?
I had similar with a voice mail. Countless calls for 'Suzy Duff' from collections.

Nov 12 15 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Managing Light wrote:

Mo, I faithfully filled out this form each time I got a call for a couple of years - maybe 8-10 times per week at first.  The calls kept increasing, in particular the Cardmember Services/Rachel series.

Do Not Call doesn't work, filling out their forms is a waste of time, IMO.

The 'Do Not Call' works for companies in USA that respect the law.
If the scam is outside USA or criminals here, it dont work.

Nov 12 15 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Here is one of the offenders names,

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2014/04/has-rac … y-at-last/

Nov 12 15 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

This claims it was shut down.

NO!!!!

http://www.csmonitor.com/Technology/Hor … r-Services

Nov 12 15 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

it would be funny if a "Raymond Redington type" showed up at one of these company's CEO's house and the CEO woke up in a lifejacket made of raw meat in the middle of the gulf of Mexico.

Nov 13 15 07:52 am Link

Photographer

One Eye Blind

San Martin, California, US

Along the same line of solicitation
http://www.tampabay.com/americas-worst-charities/

Nov 13 15 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

https://www.nomorobo.com/
"Winner of the FTC Robocall Challenge

"No more annoying robocalls and telemarketers.  Nomorobo has stopped over 46,247,709 robocalls.

"And best of all - it's free!"

Nov 13 15 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

One Eye Blind

San Martin, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:
https://www.nomorobo.com/
"Winner of the FTC Robocall Challenge

"No more annoying robocalls and telemarketers.  Nomorobo has stopped over 46,247,709 robocalls.

"And best of all - it's free!"

Unfortunately, Nomorobo is not available on traditional analog landlines or wireless phones at this time

Nov 13 15 10:09 pm Link