Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Americans ruin my wedding shoot today.

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

udor wrote:

Well..., when the Christian god had sex with Mary and got her pregnant, she was 13 years old.

Thought you'd dig this one Udor.

No. 8
28-year-old Heather Daughdrill was arrested for having sex with a 13-year-old boy after meeting him at a summer Bible camp.

http://orzzzz.com/12-hot-teachers-who-g … dents.html

Oh snap

Nov 23 15 06:52 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:

Do you know what the "victims" view is of the marriage ?
I can post an interview

I've watched many.
Curious what the OP thinks.

Nov 23 15 06:54 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:

Kids are going to Jail for taking pics of themselves
Jail is not proof of wrong doing

Kids are growing up fast.

https://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/7adc4faa8103f30c09f39ab7bd9c2c4b.png

Nov 23 15 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

Jules NYC wrote:
OP,

Is there an age that is "too young" by your standards for a woman to be married?

These days I think most filipinos believe as I do. 15 is too young.  But I also believe that when I join the muslims I add a bond with them to be closer to cathoics and I think that the good outways the bad.  It is good that catholics and muslims become friends so our country will become civil with each other.

Nov 23 15 10:44 pm Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

martin b wrote:
Of course after this I had to kick the Americans out.  This left me very short on help and my shoot suffered as well as the bride was upset.

imho this whole mess is your fault.  Why in the heck would you let 2 second shooters attend a important gig without meeting them and setting the ground rules first!

Nov 24 15 06:55 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

martin b wrote:

These days I think most filipinos believe as I do. 15 is too young.  But I also believe that when I join the muslims I add a bond with them to be closer to cathoics and I think that the good outways the bad.  It is good that catholics and muslims become friends so our country will become civil with each other.

I remember when I was 15 as clear as day, like it was yesterday.  I remember my emotional landscape and exactly what I was doing.  My life in High School was going to football games, getting drunk in the stands with a bunch of friends... lot of parties... LOTS, being a teenager... ski team, swim team, work hard, party hard, etc.  I can't even fathom being married at that age.  Even if a guy was 'super awesome in every way' there is so much to living from then until now that has matured me in such a way that I'd be emotionally prepared for such a commitment.  Plus, being with ONE person from 15 on seems to stunt individuality to a degree I'd think.  Every decision is based on what is good for the couple, not the individual specifically.  I wonder how my life would have been different if that was the case.  Knowing who I am, I think I would have been miserable.

These days getting drunk at a football game sounds pretty fun, but being a teenager is very different from being an adult.

Nov 24 15 08:14 am Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jules NYC wrote:
Hey, there's always the option of marrying your 13 year old cousin, right here in America.

E. A. Poe?

Nov 24 15 08:23 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Gryph wrote:

E. A. Poe?

You are exactly right.
He could have been on Jerry!

Nov 24 15 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jules NYC wrote:
You are exactly right.
He could have been on Jerry!

Maury.  Jerry stated that the names of the people featured in his show are fictional and not real.

I remember reading and hearing about Poe getting married to his 13 year old cousin back in like middle school when he was 26.  The whole class thought that was just sick and creepy.  We all thought that was pretty screwed up.

Nov 24 15 08:39 am Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

DaveDavis wrote:

imho this whole mess is your fault.  Why in the heck would you let 2 second shooters attend a important gig without meeting them and setting the ground rules first!

I take this as growing pains for my business.  I am expanding it to be inclusive of other cultures.  It is an extremely emotional day for everyone and stressful as well.  It is a lesson learned the way I usually learn.  In the last year and a half in wedding photography I have had lots of ups and downs.  I know most wedding photographers have had the experiences that this is not a predictable job.  I should have vetted the assistants better.  I just wanted to hear everyone's reaction.

Nov 24 15 08:39 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Gryph wrote:

Maury.  Jerry stated that the names of the people featured in his show are fictional and not real.

I remember reading and hearing about Poe getting married to his 13 year old cousin back in like middle school when he was 26.  The whole class thought that was just sick and creepy.  We all thought that was pretty screwed up.

Just so you know, Jerry's guests are flown in and 'real'.  Their names are not.  They are usually prodded to do things.  Last show I learned a Hoodoo spell with chicken feet, ha ha.  The production is in CT.

/threadjack

Nov 24 15 08:44 am Link

Model

Alex NW

Portland, Oregon, US

martin b wrote:

I take this as growing pains for my business.  I am expanding it to be inclusive of other cultures.  It is an extremely emotional day for everyone and stressful as well.  It is a lesson learned the way I usually learn.  In the last year and a half in wedding photography I have had lots of ups and downs.  I know most wedding photographers have had the experiences that this is not a predictable job.  I should have vetted the assistants better.  I just wanted to hear everyone's reaction.

Well my first reaction was shock and disgust at the age,  then I remembered not being able to go to my sister's first wedding because they had to go to Idaho for it because she was 15 , it was arranged with a shotgun lol gotta love us country folk.   

My thoughts on it professionally were quite different,  just saying it was a Muslim marriage wasn't enough and maybe you should have given more details about the actual event to screen out anyone who doesn't agree with young marriage.   
If I am going to be modeling with more people than just me and the Photog there I ask about the ages and roles of everyone involved just in case.

Nov 24 15 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Gryph

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Just so you know, Jerry's guests are flown in and 'real'.  Their names are not.  They are usually prodded to do things.  Last show I learned a Hoodoo spell with chicken feet, ha ha.  The production is in CT.

/threadjack

I knew that, I just meant the names of the people in his show.

Nov 24 15 09:03 am Link