Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Chairs for a short makeup artist?

Makeup Artist

Erin Mabray

Rockville, Maryland, US

Hello everyone!

So I'm doing makeup for a runway show and it was advised that I bring my own chair to work off of. Problem is, I'm 5'0" tall and all the chairs I'm finding are for people that are at least 5"3 to 5'5". Does anyone have any suggestions, or links, for places/sites for me to look at chairs that would be good for someone my height?

Thanks!
Erin

Feb 01 16 09:03 am Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

MakeupwithErinM wrote:
Hello everyone!

So I'm doing makeup for a runway show and it was advised that I bring my own chair to work off of. Problem is, I'm 5'0" tall and all the chairs I'm finding are for people that are at least 5"3 to 5'5". Does anyone have any suggestions, or links, for places/sites for me to look at chairs that would be good for someone my height?

Thanks!
Erin

Try a small plastic cooler. Not a foam one. Plus it can keep your lunch

Feb 01 16 12:51 pm Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Short one with 25" seat height:  http://www.naimies.com/tools/chairs/tus … rt-25.html

Shorter with 17" seat height (and on sale $40): http://earthproductsstore.com/extra-hea … side-table

Option would be a recliner too.

Feb 01 16 07:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

muasunny

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

MakeupwithErinM wrote:
Hello everyone!

Thanks!
Erin

I have similar problem and I usually have model sit on smaller stool or step ladder.  If you have a zuka or durable yet high enough makeup case, you can bring a cushion to have them sit on it.  I had also worked standing on a step ladder which isn't very comfortable but required when model is not able to sit.

Feb 02 16 06:08 am Link