Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Color window (panel) and adjustment layer CS5

Retoucher

Sciatis

Kranj, Gorenjska, Slovenia

Hi everyone.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on the following issue.

I have used Photoshop CS3 for the longest time, we've also had it at work for several years and just recently upgraded to CS5. (I know both versions are old, but that a topic for another time.). The change was welcoming but I quickly got annoyed and can't get over by a very particular change or perhaps even a bug.

The color panel in CS3, particularly the RBG and CMYK sliders used to update in real time when I would use, for example, adjustment layer curves. Holding the curve itself and manipulating it would change the RGB or CMYK values in real time, making color correction fast and easy use.

With CS5, however, the color panel doesn't get updated in real time when you move the curve. I have to use the picker each time I move the curve and check the RGB or CMYK values for changes. That slows down my workflow by a lot when taking into consideration I go through 100+ photos a day on average.

This is true for all the CS5 adjustment layers and not only adjustment layers curves. The color panel just doesn't react when you manipulate color via adjustment layers, not until you use the picker and check what changes were made each time.

I'm wondering if there's anyway to fix that or make adjustment layers in CS5 behave like they do in CS3.

Thanks.

Feb 02 16 01:17 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

Its very easy to fix:
rename
oldasspscs5.dll
to
ohai2016.dll

dont forget to restart your whatever you are using otherwise it wont work tongue

Feb 02 16 02:43 pm Link