Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Cable for the first time in four years. . .

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Palm Springs, California, US

We got cable hooked up today in our new home. This is the first time in four years that I have had cable at home. Technician turns on the box, Law and Order is on T.V. Apparently I have missed nothing in the last four years. neutral

Feb 15 16 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Minx & Fox wrote:
We got cable hooked up today in our new home. This is the first time in four years that I have had cable at home. Technician turns on the box, Law and Order is on T.V. Apparently I have missed nothing in the last four years. neutral

anime on netflix, bacca

Feb 15 16 04:52 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

scrymettet wrote:

anime on netflix, bacca

We're sitting here watching Hulu. Stupid bundles were the only inexpensive way to get internets. hmm

Feb 15 16 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Minx & Fox wrote:

We're sitting here watching Hulu. Stupid bundles were the only inexpensive way to get internets. hmm

got to love them cable companies

Feb 15 16 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

scrymettet wrote:

got to love them cable companies

Yeah, especially when the location of our building can only get Time Warner and has blocked out all other options.

Feb 15 16 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Minx & Fox wrote:

Yeah, especially when the location of our building can only get Time Warner and has blocked out all other options.

don't get me started on Californian utilities tongue

Feb 15 16 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Minx & Fox wrote:

We have an actual Comcast location here, I can walk in and talk to a human in person with other customers within hearing range.

It's a trap!!! For them.

I told them I did not own a TV at all. I told them I wanted a cheap landline and fast internet. I told them Century Link was pretty OK but I would switch if they could beat them (actually, Century Link SUCKS!).

They kept my monthly bill the same and my internet speed went from 1.5mbs to 50 mbs. Something goes wrong all I have to do is visit when it's busy and tell them my problem. So far so good but I am prepared to repeat myself rather loudly so other customers can clearly hear that I am not being taken care of if I need to go there.

Strategy, it works. smile

Feb 15 16 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Shadow Dancer wrote:

We have an actual Comcast location here, I can walk in and talk to a human in person with other customers within hearing range.

It's a trap!!! For them.

I told them I did not own a TV at all. I told them I wanted a cheap landline and fast internet. I told them Century Link was pretty OK but I would switch if they could beat them (actually, Century Link SUCKS!).

They kept my monthly bill the same and my internet speed went from 1.5mbs to 50 mbs. Something goes wrong all I have to do is visit when it's busy and tell them my problem. So far so good but I am prepared to repeat myself rather loudly so other customers can clearly hear that I am not being taken care of if I need to go there.

We're getting a fairly good deal. It just sucks that we only have Time Warner to choose from. Oh well, if this isn't a first world problem, I don't know what is. lol

Feb 16 16 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

scrymettet wrote:

don't get me started on Californian utilities tongue

Oh, we are suuuuuper lucky. Our rent includes all utilities. Otherwise, I would be dreading summer.

Feb 16 16 09:10 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

It's a trap!!! For them.

Comcast is the debil

Feb 21 16 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Minx & Fox wrote:

We're getting a fairly good deal. It just sucks that we only have Time Warner to choose from. Oh well, if this isn't a first world problem, I don't know what is. lol

I thought Monopoly was a board game...

Feb 21 16 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Minx & Fox wrote:

I was able to get the internet without being in a bundle.

Feb 21 16 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

KungPaoChic wrote:

Comcast is the debil

No, they are worse. Even the debil be's fraid of Comcast.

If I had to deal with them on the phone I would have just gone off the grid.

Feb 21 16 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

I thought Monopoly was a board game...

Me too. sad

Feb 23 16 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I was able to get the internet without being in a bundle.

$70 a month for not so fast internet, or $89 for fast internet in a bundle.

Feb 23 16 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Minx & Fox wrote:

stop watching tv and draw me neko lollies

Feb 23 16 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

MerrillMedia

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

No Cable = A dozen or so channels of crap, plus the news (which, depending on what station you watch, can still be crap).

Cable = Hundreds of channels of crap, plus the news.

Your right, you haven't missed anything.

Feb 28 16 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Minx & Fox wrote:

What is the speed of not so fast internet?

Feb 28 16 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

MerrillMedia wrote:
No Cable = A dozen or so channels of crap, plus the news (which, depending on what station you watch, can still be crap).

Cable = Hundreds of channels of crap, plus the news.

Your right, you haven't missed anything.

Perfectly sums it up.

Mar 14 16 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

What is the speed of not so fast internet?

Like 4 or 5 mbps.

Mar 14 16 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Minx & Fox wrote:

Like 4 or 5 mbps.

That's not speed, that is slowness!!!

tongue

Mar 14 16 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Minx & Fox wrote:

I pay $30 a month for 30 mbs internet.

Mar 15 16 10:00 am Link

Photographer

JoshuaBerardi

Davenport, Iowa, US

Minx & Fox wrote:

You didn't miss anything!

Get rid of it again! (12 years TV free here!)

Mar 15 16 08:15 pm Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:

That's not speed, that is slowness!!!

tongue

Ha!  His beats mine.

Just checked my crackerjack & blistering speed provided by AT&T on Speedtest.net.

For $73 per month (No TV, just DSL that may as well be dial-up on a really old AOL 12k modem.) I get 1.12 Mbps download and 0.32 Mbps upload.  No fiber optics nor cable as we're too far from their 'switch' (Whatever that is.).  Neighbor waters his lawn and it loses the internet at times as it grounds out the RF signal of the DSL.  Yay for underground rotting wiring.

Fantastic service!  sad

Mar 16 16 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I pay $30 a month for 30 mbs internet.

Yeah, we got fast internet now, but that comes with the bundle. Monopolies are no fun.

Mar 16 16 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Shadow Dancer wrote:

No, they are worse. Even the debil be's fraid of Comcast.

If I had to deal with them on the phone I would have just gone off the grid.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/e … m_id=38824

Has worked for me in the past

Mar 19 16 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

KungPaoChic wrote:

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/e … m_id=38824

Has worked for me in the past

I just go in person, possum on my shoulder. They are very easy to work with in person.

Mar 19 16 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Shadow Dancer wrote:

I just go in person, possum on my shoulder. They are very easy to work with in person.

Please tell me the opossum is foaming at the mouth.

Mar 21 16 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Minx & Fox wrote:

Please tell me the opossum is foaming at the mouth.

Little known fact:

Possum metabolism is so slow that they do not get rabies or die from snake bite.

They hiss like snakes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPLurn6MEXM

Mar 21 16 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Aw hell no -- you mean I have to get in the possummobile and drive like 20 minutes to half an hour out of possum town?

I prefer to fill out an internet form' listen to my "possum music"  and wait for the mountain to come to Mohammed.

Mar 23 16 06:55 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

KungPaoChic wrote:

Aw hell no -- you mean I have to get in the possummobile and drive like 20 minutes to half an hour out of possum town?

I prefer to fill out an internet form' listen to my "possum music"  and wait for the mountain to come to Mohammed.

When yer in the presence of other customers you have leverage that they simply cannot push back against. Speaking loudly and clearly and politely expressing your dissatisfaction will earn you the attention you deserve.

One on one, you are just another helpless victim of their corporate system, to be fed to their possums and forgotten forever.

As long as you pay your bill.

Mar 23 16 09:55 am Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

Shadow Dancer wrote:

When yer in the presence of other customers you have leverage that they simply cannot push back against. Speaking loudly and clearly and politely expressing your dissatisfaction will earn you the attention you deserve.

One on one, you are just another helpless victim of their corporate system, to be fed to their possums and forgotten forever.

As long as you pay your bill.

IDK filling out the complaint form with the FCC worked like a charm for me. I got a call the next day from someone at corporate and they fixed my issue immediately.

Mar 23 16 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

KungPaoChic wrote:

IDK filling out the complaint form with the FCC worked like a charm for me. I got a call the next day from someone at corporate and they fixed my issue immediately.

You are the only possum that this has ever had this happen. You should report it, it will make national news!!!

big_smile

Mar 23 16 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Shadow Dancer wrote:

Little known fact:

Possum metabolism is so slow that they do not get rabies or die from snake bite.

They hiss like snakes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPLurn6MEXM

I was thinking more along the lines of slipping an Alka Seltzer in its mouth before you head in. big_smile

Apr 04 16 06:29 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Minx & Fox wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of slipping an Alka Seltzer in its mouth before you head in. big_smile

Foamy possum saves the day!!!!

Apr 04 16 07:53 am Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Minx & Fox wrote:

Like 4 or 5 mbps.

I waited for years to get better internet where I used to live. So, I was happy with it when it when I finally got it but it wasn't available where I live now(same town). I asked A T & T how fast their other service that WAS available was. She laughed and said dial up was faster. I don't even think the speed was given to me in mbps.

Apr 04 16 02:55 pm Link