Photographer

Sobe

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Anyone out there like Legs Diamond,Moxy,or UFO,Budgie, underated rock bands from 70s an 80s,or am I alone?

Mar 01 16 03:31 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I will pretty much listen to anything except Supertramp, Foghat, J Gyles Band and Kiss.

Those bands make me puke in my mouth a little.

Oh, and any Phish song that has lyrics and vocals. Ugh. Just. Ugh.

Mar 01 16 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Sobe

Miami Beach, Florida, US

Koryn wrote:
I will pretty much listen to anything except Supertramp, Foghat, J Gyles Band and Kiss.

Wow no Love stinks from J geils?

Mar 01 16 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

J Geils is amazing live.   Maybe I just miss the 80s.

Mar 01 16 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

Sobe

Miami Beach, Florida, US

martin b wrote:
J Geils is amazing live.   Maybe I just miss the 80s.

Yeah an KISS alive?

Mar 01 16 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Although I am mostly partial to UFO's second album (UFO2:Flying), their 1975 album Force It is just one of those perfectly-reliable no-nonsense straightforward-chugging rock albums that lends itself to repeated listening, and the Hipgnosis-produced album cover is also noteworthy because it involves 3/4ths of seminal industrial/early-electronica/noise band Throbbing Gristle (with Cosey Fanni Tutti and Genesis P. Orridge appearing on the cover, and Peter Christopherson as one of Hipgnosis' three principal partners/designers/photographers).

Speaking of underrated 70s bands with names that start with the letter "U", there will always be a special place in my affection for Uriah Heep's Look At Yourself.

Just down the alphabet, there's the also-deeply-underrated Wishbone Ash. I strongly recommend their 1973 live album Live Dates.

Mar 01 16 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Koryn wrote:

You like way more music than I do!!!!

I like a couple of Supertramp tunes and Centerfold by J Geils but with you otherwise. Do not like Phish - at all, mostly do not like the Grateful Dead either. The only REAL jam band is Funkadelic, they RULE.

Also hate, Al Stewart, Hootie and the Blowfish, The Captain and Tennille (Except Muskrat Love, that's the Bomb!), Gloria Gaynor, Bryan Adams, Loverboy, Rush, Whitney Houston and a whole lot of other shit.

So as not to appear completely negative, I LOVE Blue Oyster Cult, ALL Motown, some Katy Perry, Tom Jones, Aerosmith, The Divinyls, Bob Dylan, Taylor Swift's newer stuff, that Bubba what sings "Tennessee Whiskey", and all sorts of other shit.

tongue

Mar 01 16 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
The Divinyls

Their best known jam notwithstanding, this damn frickin' song belongs on any decent self-respecting Saturday-night-cruising-with-the-top-down compilation.

Mar 01 16 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

kickfight wrote:

Their best known jam notwithstanding, this damn frickin' song belongs on any decent self-respecting Saturday-night-cruising-with-the-top-down compilation.

I saw them open for Aerosmith and they were amazing!!!

RE your first link - was after midnight at my favorite hang in Fresno, quiet as hell. Limo pulls up - bachelorette party drunk off they asses gets out and demands karaoke. They put on I Touch Myself, crowded the stage for dirty dirty dancing, hopped back in the limo and gone like Elvis. I made a vain attempt to cut one from the herd, no love but still a great evening!!!

This song kills it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5boYiMktOvs

Mar 01 16 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
I saw them open for Aerosmith and they were amazing!!!

I bet they were. It just delights me to no end that they successfully updated an old hoary Young Rascals platter, making it utterly relevant and appropriate for the go-go late 80s/early 90s. So impressive...

Mar 01 16 06:28 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Cover ready wrote:

Wow no Love stinks from J geils?

Fucking horrid song.

I think my issue with a lot of classic rock is simply that it's over-played.

I recall, a few years ago, hearing the same Beatles song in three different locations in a single day.

In summer 2012, I went out with a friend for dinner, then to walk around Boston and then martinis at a bar before heading home. We were out for maybe 4 hours, in several different areas of the city, and I heard "Hotel California" around 3-4 times (including once by a street performer) during that short span of time.

I grew up in the 90s, LOVING Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the like. Now, many of those favorite songs fromy adolescence make me want to tear my hair out because I simply cannot escape them. They are so pervasive on the radio and out in public that I've grown to hate them.

I'm 33 now and since I turned 30, have gone to mostly listening to contemporary Top 40 music, and alternative dance and EDM music because it changes a lot, and has not yet taken over mainstream culture to the point of driving me insane. In 30 years, I will probably want to shoot myself in the face every time I hear an MGMT song, because the kids who were teens when MGMT became popular around 2010 or so will be in their 50s in 30 years and those same three songs will be inescapable in restaurants, pubs and on "classic rock" radio.

Mar 02 16 06:47 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Koryn wrote:

Fucking horrid song.

I think my issue with a lot of classic rock is simply that it's over-played.

I recall, a few years ago, hearing the same Beatles song in three different locations in a single day.

In summer 2012, I went out with a friend for dinner, then to walk around Boston and then martinis at a bar before heading home. We were out for maybe 4 hours, in several different areas of the city, and I heard "Hotel California" around 3-4 times (including once by a street performer) during that short span of time.

I grew up in the 90s, LOVING Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and the like. Now, many of those favorite songs fromy adolescence make me want to tear my hair out because I simply cannot escape them. They are so pervasive on the radio and out in public that I've grown to hate them.

I'm 33 now and since I turned 30, have gone to mostly listening to contemporary Top 40 music, and alternative dance and EDM music because it changes a lot, and has not yet taken over mainstream culture to the point of driving me insane. In 30 years, I will probably want to shoot myself in the face every time I hear an MGMT song, because the kids who were teens when MGMT became popular around 2010 or so will be in their 50s in 30 years and those same three songs will be inescapable in restaurants, pubs and on "classic rock" radio.

lol

I was flying from Palm Springs to Seattle. My sister dropped me off at the airport, as I sat waiting the "music" system played Linger by The Cranberries, a notable puker of a "song".

We flew to Salt Lake City for a brief layover - Linger again.

We landed in Seattle, I was walking to the end of the airport to catch a bus home - Linger again.

I wanted to destroy all public address systems, music programmers and The Cranberries (I like Dreams a lot if I only hear it once in a while). Linger must DIE!!!!

big_smile

Mar 02 16 07:44 am Link

Model

Koryn

Shadow Dancer wrote:
lol

I was flying from Palm Springs to Seattle. My sister dropped me off at the airport, as I sat waiting the "music" system played Linger by The Cranberries, a notable puker of a "song".

We flew to Salt Lake City for a brief layover - Linger again.

We landed in Seattle, I was walking to the end of the airport to catch a bus home - Linger again.

I wanted to destroy all public address systems, music programmers and The Cranberries (I like Dreams a lot if I only hear it once in a while). Linger must DIE!!!!

big_smile

Lololol.

I recall sort of liking the Cranberries when I was a teen - but not that particular song.

It was like a watered down, shitty, boring-ass song. One time my mom said the lyrics reminded her of what you might think if someone walked into a crowded room, farted and no one opened the window.

Mar 02 16 07:56 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Koryn wrote:

Lololol.

I recall sort of liking the Cranberries when I was a teen - but not that particular song.

It was like a watered down, shitty, boring-ass song. One time my mom said the lyrics reminded her of what you might think if someone walked into a crowded room, farted and no one opened the window.

lollollollollol

Yes, it does have that "lingering" effect to it.

For the good of all mankind, I should never hear that song again!!!!

Mar 02 16 08:01 am Link

Photographer

Sobe

Miami Beach, Florida, US

kickfight wrote:
Although I am mostly partial to UFO's second album (UFO2:Flying), their 1975 album Force It is just one of those perfectly-reliable no-nonsense straightforward-chugging rock albums that lends itself to repeated listening, and the Hipgnosis-produced album cover is also noteworthy because it involves 3/4ths of seminal industrial/early-electronica/noise band Throbbing Gristle (with Cosey Fanni Tutti and Genesis P. Orridge appearing on the cover, and Peter Christopherson as one of Hipgnosis' three principal partners/designers/photographers).

Speaking of underrated 70s bands with names that start with the letter "U", there will always be a special place in my affection for Uriah Heep's Look At Yourself.

Just down the alphabet, there's the also-deeply-underrated Wishbone Ash. I strongly recommend their 1973 live album Live Dates.

Yes Force it was a great album,so was No heavy petting and walk on water.

Mar 02 16 10:53 am Link