Forums > Photography Talk > DRM for photos... any ideas?

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

I have heard there has been some major improvements in this capability. 

Use to be it was easy to remove just by removing the EXIF data. 

What I'm looking for is a server side program that puts customer data into the photo(s) when they make a purchase.

May 06 16 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

normad

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

May 06 16 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Piscis Noctis wrote:
does this help?

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/signmyimage … signature/

Thanks! 

But these are all computer side for a few images.  I'm looking for something to do it on my websites server when a purchase is made before the images are downloaded.

May 07 16 10:19 am Link

Photographer

rmcapturing

San Francisco, California, US

Why not just do some markings like stock photography sites? Anyone willing to steal that is going to steal it no matter what you do.

May 09 16 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Tomasone

Spring Hill, Florida, US

Obviously you'd have to modify the server-side code to do something like that, but here's an open-source steganography option that should do what you want:

http://steghide.sourceforge.net/

May 10 16 07:00 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

R_Marquez wrote:
Why not just do some markings like stock photography sites? Anyone willing to steal that is going to steal it no matter what you do.

Very true.  But I happen to have thousands of my images being traded at any given time.  I'm starting to get a bit tired of it.  I'm actually very liberal when it comes to copyrights...  I think the law is silly and only beneficial to major media companies.  It doesn't help the little guy.  I wouldn't mind a person sharing a few of my images here and there... it's quite flattering actually.  But when they share hundreds, sometimes ripping off entire websites worth... then I get a bit pissy.

May 11 16 05:14 pm Link