Forums > Events > Los Angeles Lighting Meetup

Photographer

ParabolixLight

Los Angeles, California, US

I'll be hosting a free lighting meetup this Sunday, May 22 12-5pm in downtown Los Angeles. We'll be discussing focusable parabolic light shaping, and demonstrating high-end light quality using a variety of reflectors. Bring your camera!  All are welcome, but RSVP is necessary to reserve a spot: [email protected].  Hope to see you there!

-David

May 20 16 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

RTE Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

I tried the link, got sent to a page with a lot of Parabolic lighting stuff, finally found the home page for your company (I think) but there was no mention of a seminar or how to register.

May 20 16 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

1) I'm assuming this is free, as you're trying to sell your product.

2) Where in Los Angeles - it's a big spread out place.

May 20 16 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

ParabolixLight

As I stated above, the meetup is held in downtown LA.  I also provided an email where you can rsvp.  And yes, it is free, but this is not any kind of sales-pitch. Rather, the idea is to create a place where photographers can come once a month to discuss lighting techniques, approaches and equipment, and get real information about professional lighting practices. I feel there is a huge lack of decent information available online, and we would like to do something to improve on this.  There will be a model and everyone is welcome to bring their camera. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

May 21 16 01:05 am Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

ParabolixLight wrote:
We'll be discussing focusable parabolic light shaping, and demonstrating high-end light quality using a variety of reflectors.

When during that 5 hour window will you be focusing on your parabolics? I'm not interested in learning to light using a "variety of reflectors", but I am interested in real-life use of your new parabolics. So, I wouldn't mind a sales pitch really focused on their use.

I found the address on your website.

May 21 16 11:43 am Link

Photographer

ParabolixLight

We have a variety of parabolic reflector sizes that we'll be using to show different light spread, coverage/detail on skin, and different applications (fashion, beauty, portrait).  Here's a link to the RSVP page:  http://shoutout.wix.com/so/0LI7m_95?cid … =yes#/main  I hope you can make it!

May 21 16 12:17 pm Link