Forums > Critique > any critics?

Photographer

Pascal Heimlicher

Los Angeles, California, US

Any critics on my website?
What should I make better....or kick out?
please, be nice :-)....just constructive critics.
thank you so much.

www.pascalheimlicher.com

Sep 04 16 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

I have a ideal.   Send me some of the models and let me borrow some talent.   WOW!   I would only do two things.   Photos you include here don't need to also be on your website.   Didn't see many men on you site, so maybe more dudes.   Fantastic work though.

Sep 04 16 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Hi Pascal,

You are a top photographer in the real world.

You should be offering critique, not asking for it. I'm sure many people here would profit from your knowledge and insight. smile

Plus, you are a really nice guy.

Hopefully see you soon,

Gershon

Sep 04 16 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

Very nice work, I have nothing else to add. smile

Sep 04 16 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Iktan

New York, New York, US

There is nothing to say, just perfection.

Sep 04 16 02:59 pm Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

pascal heimlicher wrote:
thank you so much.

www.pascalheimlicher.com

Your work is off the charts. Few people here are qualified to critique your vision or your craftsmanship.

Sep 15 16 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

PeytonSeigo

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Your work is really great!

In terms of the theme and layout, I have a few suggestions.

- You have a lot of photos on each of your pages, which is fine, but it might impact bounce rates for people that won't be scrolling all the way to the footer (which is a key element in directing user flow when they reach the end of a page). You might also consider including the header links in the footer. One thing I do like about the way you've organized it though is only limiting it to a couple of sections. Portfolios that are divided into dozens of tiny subsections drive me crazy.

- Your theme is responsive which is great, but the mobile header buttons overlay almost half your logo image when scaled down between mobile and desktop view. If possible, it would be better to have them collapse into the side panel at a wider breakpoint.

- Most importantly, you really (desperately!) need to optimize and compress your images. According to webpagetest, the first view load time was 54 seconds. Many of your photos are in the megabytes when they can be reduced to < 200 kb each. https://www.webpagetest.org/result/160919_QS_FXY/

- Anyone is able to access all the files in your /wp-content/uploads folder because you haven't restricted access. This is generally something you don't want, especially if you ever host files on your website that are intended for a restricted audience (online stores, ebooks, other premium resources etc.). This can also make your website much more vulnerable as people are easily able to find out which plugins you are using (and potentially take advantage of them with existing exploits). A simple way to fix this is to implement a 403 redirect. There are tutorials online on how to easily do this with WordPress. While you're at it, look up guides on checking for and patching up WordPress vulnerabilities for your specific installation.

Sep 19 16 02:02 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

pascal heimlicher wrote:
thank you so much.

www.pascalheimlicher.com

Hey Goofball.

The only problem I see is the one I don't. Me! Hahhahaha! It all looks great. My best to Angeline.

When are you coming here?

I am banned on FB for another week. Talk soon.

Sep 19 16 03:15 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Hmmmmmmm, let's see  .  .  .  shows off the results of your techniques with beautiful samples of your work  .  .  .  it's easy to navigate, and succinct  .  .  .  personable, and affable whilst still getting potential clients to the "business stuff"  .  .  .  yep, I hate it  .  .  .  wink  Very nicely done  .  .  .  hope it pulls in lots of new business for you  .  .  .

SOS

Sep 19 16 07:18 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

LOVE LOVE LOVE your Work

Sep 19 16 09:45 am Link