Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Over roller vs. under roller! TP. Opinions vary!

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

When you hang toilet paper--are you an over roller or an under roller?
Why?
How serious of a matter is this to you?
[You can use a scale from 0-100 with 0 being TOTALLY irrelevant, and 100 being the end of the world.]

People joke about this but apparently there are people who view this matter very seriously so thought I should bring it up for discussion, consideration, advice.

How do you mediate/negotiate/settle dispute amongst pairs of people who are adamant about their opposing views but wish to live copacetically--together?

I know, many of you are very mature, professionals in fact, and never give this a second thought. Almost flippant attitude
"Who cares? At least there's TP! Let's move on."

If thou art amongst them, then just ignore this thread. Hold your fire, Move on to more important matters. However, There are some who are fixated at lower levels of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs and need to process and grow. Please allow a safe environment for them/us to vent some emotion, discuss issues, air grievances, grow, develop, We'll try to catch up with you later! ;-)

Please no name calling, no castigating. While I recognize that this can be cause of divorce, (which is why I bring it up), and many are extremely passionate about this issue, please try to be pleasant in your agreeing to disagree...please at least don't be unpleasant.

According to the MM rules we're not to discuss serious things like religion or politics on threads. I think TP is safely not as serious as either topic and doesn't violate any the rules, norms and mores of MM. If it does, it is in ignorance and I beg your indulgence and forgiveness as we proceed!

Sep 25 16 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

I have all my tp mounted vertically.

Sep 25 16 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Chuckarelei wrote:

I'm happy if the animals I live with put the paper on the roller at all.

Sep 25 16 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

I'll take option C: neither. Let me explain...

About 10 years ago, I lived in a boarding house for 3 years. 12 rooms, 4 baths. Everyone was responsible for their own toiletries, so you brought your own tp to the can. You never left your own personal roll in there, because it was stolen in a nanosecond.

I've lived in 2 places since that have nice places to hang the paper, but for the life of me, I just can't get used to doing that. I sit the roll on top of the commode tank (but have no preference for whether it sits clockwise or counterclockwise)

smile

Sep 25 16 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Chuckarelei wrote:

I considered that in my original post but the bathroom is not so equipped.
Putting in two doesn't make much sense and leaving it empty also seems to beg for a grown up solution. ;-)

Thanks for the rapid response.

Sep 25 16 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

FF,
of all the times you bump old stupid threads because you felt they were relevant you didn't bother to search for a thread already existing on this subject?

this has definitely been covered here in the past on these forums

I am dissapoint.

Sep 25 16 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Many people are anal about this topic! That's how they roll.

Sep 25 16 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

https://i.imgur.com/hmqXw.jpg

Sep 25 16 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

BlueMoonPics wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/hmqXw.jpg

hahahahahaha

under roller.

it really doesnt matter as long as its there.

but whats the big deal with putting the damn seat down?

Sep 25 16 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Under roller, because I once had a cat who discovered he could sit up like a prairie dog and slap-slap-slap the [over roll] TP to unroll all over the floor. He'd do it with both paws and get a rhythm like a boxer on a speed bag.

He'd even do it right in front of me. The first time I under-rolled the TP, he slap-slap-slapped the roll... and he pawed it again, then looked disgusted and sauntered off. Never messed with the TP again, as far as I could tell.

Edit: Max (short for Maximum Cat) is no longer with me, but fifteen years later I still load the TP this way in his memory.

Sep 25 16 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
FF,
of all the times you bump old stupid threads because you felt they were relevant you didn't bother to search for a thread already existing on this subject?

this has definitely been covered here in the past on these forums

I am dissapoint.

Looked, didn't find. Used "over roller" "overroller" "under roller" "underroller"-- The only thing I could find was about some concern over hair rollers. Not relevant!
https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/153457

Link relevant threads so we can benefit from the accumulated wisdom of the ages!

Sep 25 16 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

I divorced my wife because she kept under-rolling.  The kids were devastated, but at least they do it the right way now.

True story. 

wink

Sep 26 16 01:12 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

https://www.rantchic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/toilet-paper.jpg

Sep 26 16 04:50 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

FFantastique wrote:
When you hang toilet paper--are you an over roller or an under roller?
Why?
How serious of a matter is this to you?
[You can use a scale from 0-100 with 0 being TOTALLY irrelevant, and 100 being the end of the world.]

Growing up in Germany, the TP holder has usually a top with a spring that prevents the roll from running lose and spinning until all the paper is on the floor.

https://www.hornbach.de/data/shop/D04/001/704/611/948/DV_8_8012431_01_4c_DE_20120712210642.jpg

So, naturally the paper has to roll from the top, or you are going to shred it it you pull it from the bottom.

I have seen this style of TP holder almost never in the US in the over 24 years I am living here... so, because of that... it's kinda irrelevant if it comes from the top or the bottom.

However, I still prefer it from the top, as it touches nothing but the TP itself, but if you have the lose end of the roll coming from the bottom, it usually rests against the toilette stall... and you don't know how many bacteria from the wall are resting on your TP, waiting for a ride up your ass... evilgrin

I am not shittin' you! smile

Sep 26 16 06:53 am Link