Forums > Photography Talk > FPS1000 High Speed Camera

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Buffalo, New York, US

Does anyone know anyone that owns this camera? I ordered one back late last year and still haven't gotten mine. Always one reason or another as why it isn't built yet. I was wondering what other people's experience with this camera and seller might be.

Oct 13 16 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Oct 14 16 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Kickstarter deal
I knew it...lol

Oct 14 16 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Buffalo, New York, US

Yeah I've seen that site before. Haven't met a soul that owns the camera though.

Oct 14 16 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

200fps at 1280*1024 Highest res
290fps at 1280*720 HD res
840fps at 640*480

Not exactly ground breaking.  What is the attraction?  Low price?

Phantom Flex camera is very common now.
https://www.phantomhighspeed.com/Produc … meras/Flex

NAC cameras were used on the Mythbusters series.
50,000,000 fps anyone?
http://www.nacinc.com/products/ultra-hi … meras/PiV/

Oct 15 16 08:29 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

yes, price, and along with functionality is the attraction. The problem with a startup sometimes is that in tech that are radical changes that may make a sensor undesirable. He switched sensors. Given that phantoms in one web link were starting at 12k he saw a door opening--coming in at 2-3 grand. Saw a sample of his footage--very nice work. Very nice. So I understand why people took the risk. He still owes people cameras and even has discontinued models that were part of the kickstarting offer.

It is why people have been patient--he's struggling to deliver a great camera that will change the market. He is very serious and even created a company separate from his consulting company.

Given his updates, it is about a year from full-production.

Oct 15 16 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Buffalo, New York, US

LA StarShooter wrote:
yes, price, and along with functionality is the attraction. The problem with a startup sometimes is that in tech that are radical changes that may make a sensor undesirable. He switched sensors. Given that phantoms in one web link were starting at 12k he saw a door opening--coming in at 2-3 grand. Saw a sample of his footage--very nice work. Very nice. So I understand why people took the risk. He still owes people cameras and even has discontinued models that were part of the kickstarting offer.

It is why people have been patient--he's struggling to deliver a great camera that will change the market. He is very serious and even created a company separate from his consulting company.

Given his updates, it is about a year from full-production.

I ordered my camera late last year and rarely hear back from the guy. He had apparently discontinued the camera I ordered. It's disappointing to think my camera is obsolete even before it is built. I wish he'd give feedback more. I can't rely on feedback from other customers either because I can't find them.

Oct 17 16 06:48 pm Link