San Francisco, California, US

you mean it wasn't before? wink

Nov 09 16 12:39 am Link

Photographer

highStrangeness

Carmichael, California, US

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
you mean it wasn't before? wink

Now I don't have to worry about gettin' a card.

At least something went right this election...

Nov 09 16 04:55 am Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

how legal is legal? a pound?

Nov 09 16 06:23 am Link

Photographer

San Diego, California, US

Avoiding impaired drivers on the road is getting exponentially more complicated. Especially when they are texting or checking their social media accounts at the same time. At 80mph.

Please stay alert, my friends. It's a jungle out there.

-----

As a matter of self-preservation, I'm seriously considering abandoning all forms of intoxication and other mental clutter that impairs us.  I want as much healthy clear thinking and spatial awareness as I can muster.

It's about quality of life, right?

Nov 09 16 06:36 am Link

Photographer

Gallery 59 Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Man, this blows. The 405 and other freeways here are already slow as f*ck. Now we're gonna let everyone get high and drive? At 5 mph? Damn stoners! smile smile smile

Nov 09 16 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

how long till the first person gets arrested for blowing pot smoke in an officers face thinking its ok now lol

Nov 09 16 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Gallery 59 Photography wrote:
Man, this blows. The 405 and other freeways here are already slow as f*ck. Now we're gonna let everyone get high and drive? At 5 mph? Damn stoners! smile smile smile

i dont think the legality of it will significantly change the amount of users.

It was strange to go into the grocery store today and there were just piles of marijuana buds out in the produce section piled up like apples.

Nov 09 16 10:31 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

27255 wrote:
As a matter of self-preservation, I'm seriously considering abandoning all forms of intoxication and other mental clutter that impairs us.  I want as much healthy clear thinking and spatial awareness as I can muster.

It's about quality of life, right?

Well, unless you're someone who has a history of compulsive substance use, "straight edge" life isn't necessarily this higher state of being. It really doesn't change much for a lot of us. I always enjoyed drink and a few vices (never cigarettes though. Yuck!), and I imbibed in those regularly for years. When I stopped imbibing in those, no one knew - or cared - and my life/thinking was absolutely no different than it had been. I thought I'd at least maybe lose five pounds when I stopped drinking liquor and (almost all) beer. I didn't. I thought I'd be happier and more goal directed, but I was absolutely the same. That being said, I was someone who didn't feel much different when I was drunk than when I was sober. I didn't make less mistakes, or more, and my opinions about things never changed either.

I think if I'd been one of those people who partied my brains out, blacked out and woke up in the beds of strangers, life without vices might have held some more exciting developments. But, if I didn't want to sleep with someone when I was sober, I didn't want to sleep with them when I was six shots into a bottle of Makers Mark either. All the worst decisions I ever made in my life were done completely sober. Also, I was working in bars and clubs as a dancer for four years, so I saw pretty much daily what "dysfunctional" lives looked like (actually more from customers than other bar workers)

There are generally two types of people, regardless of what a 12 Step program might say, and that's people who need complete and total sobriety. And then there are those who us who really, genuinely, just liked to drink and party. And I don't think you know which one you are until you've been done with your vices for awhile. I worried about it when I was in those years, but looking back in hindsight, giving up my "sins" and "making better decisions" didn't really matter because I'd never been so lost in it that it clouded my head or made me someone different than I essentially was. I was still me, still doing very "me" things.

I have a really clean, structured life now. I have two (literally two, not the metaphorical"couple of") microbrew/fancyschmancy/artsyfartsy beers on Saturday. I get up at 5am to get ready for work, all week, every day. I'm in a long-term monogamous relationship and we will be buying a condo together in 2017. I put all my foods and drink into a calorie counter on my phone every day and balance all my macros and look extremely fit, compared to the average woman in her mid-30s. This life is better than it was in previous years, definitely, but mostly because I have a job and extreme structure and comfort in that structure. Quitting alcohol, pot and shits-and-giggles dating never had anything to with making it better. Because it wasn't compulsive or problematic use. I think I did it to fill the time, and when my time was successfully filled with a job I loved and a partner I loved even more, getting drunk and walking alone down city streets in the middle of the night became super boring and uninteresting by comparison. That's totally different from the experience of a lot of people.

I voted for full legalization of marijuana in my state on Tuesday and it passed. Not because I want to have access to it anymore, but because I think money from its regulation should be above-ground and can be used in productive ways. Right now, ANYONE can go find weed, almost any where in the US at any time, but they're giving their money to potentially unsavory people. Not that the state government is always the greatest entity to give more money to, but at least it's going into something other than another leather sofa, or a jacuzzi tub for a drug dealer's house.

Nov 10 16 04:34 am Link

Photographer

Gabby57

Ponca City, Oklahoma, US

Now if we can only get ragweed outlawed!  THAT would actually be useful.

Nov 10 16 05:00 am Link