Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Why am I getting zero comments on my new pics

Model

foubellefemme

Sierra Vista, Arizona, US

Is it my aging face?

Dec 03 16 12:52 am Link

Photographer

Kris Krieg

Missoula, Montana, US

I think you're quite pretty. You have really pretty eyes. You usually have to send out announcements in order to energize comments. Most of the photographers on this site are really good about reciprocating with comments if you leave a comment yourself. This is a lovely portrait of you. You should consider placing it in your portfolio.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140722/07/53ce71a361947.jpg

Dec 03 16 02:39 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

foubellefemme wrote:
Is it my aging face?

No, of course not.  You look just fine.  The only problem is that not enough people are looking at your photos.

The reality of getting comments is quite simple once you understand how Model Mayhem works.  You have to figure out a way to get people to visit your profile. With nearly a million registered and hundreds of thousands who are actually active, the odds of anyone finding your profile at random are slim to none.  That's why no comments, because no one is looking.

If you want people to visit your profile and look at your photos, you have to give them a reason to do that.  Being active in the forums on a frequent basis, viewing and leaving comments on the photos of other members, making announcements on the front page, posting availability notices, and entering the various contests available, you will get some people who will go look at what you are doing. Many people spend an hour or more a day on MM promoting themselves.

If you can get even one out of 50 or 100 who looks at a photo to leave a comment on it you are doing good, but first you have to get them to visit your profile.  As you can see from a few of your older photos, getting one out of 10 to leave a comment is usually a good indication that people really like that photo. There's nothing wrong with you at all.

Dec 03 16 08:04 am Link

Photographer

Guss W

Clearwater, Florida, US

There's a difference between snapshots and serious portraits.  That's why people hire pro photographers.

Dec 03 16 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Carlos Occidental

Los Angeles, California, US

Dec 07 16 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/161203/11/5843210f37ab6_m.jpg
You are quite attractive, but for me the images are not showcasing you.
In this image the bottom half is of a white float, I want to see all of your left knee and right arm and hand.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140719/22/53cb53f80f8b2_m.jpg
In this the color of your face seems off; note the big difference between the color of your right forearm and face.

I wish you well

Dec 08 16 05:33 am Link

Photographer

dachilla

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

First of all, I get a lot less comments than you, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

I checked your port and here is my serious opinion why you might not get as many comments as you deserve.

1. the photographer(s) isn't really a master of his craft. I didn't find single picture in your port that is in focus. And that's simply it. I see your avatar in a thumbnail size and think "wow, what a stunner". Once opened up it's not such a great piece of art anymore because the eyes are out of focus.

2. The picture editor, in my humble opinion, isn't a master of his craft either. There is one picture with red water. If it was meant to be that way there isn't enough of a "message" in the picture. It looks painfully photoshopped.

3. I can see from your port that the pictures resulted from maybe one or two photo shoots. Try to do some more, get some practice. Posing isn't easy. Every photographer has poses that he prefers or hates. Try a lot use every chance.

4. delete the mobile phone selfies smile

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers

Uncle Fister

Jan 04 17 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

Square Jaw Photography

Joshua Tree, California, US

Lee_Photography wrote:
You are quite attractive, but for me the images are not showcasing you.

This....

Guss W wrote:
There's a difference between snapshots and serious portraits.  That's why people hire pro photographers.

Also This....

dachilla wrote:
1. the photographer(s) isn't really a master of his craft. I didn't find single picture in your port that is in focus. And that's simply it. I see your avatar in a thumbnail size and think "wow, what a stunner". Once opened up it's not such a great piece of art anymore because the eyes are out of focus.

2. The picture editor, in my humble opinion, isn't a master of his craft either. There is one picture with red water. If it was meant to be that way there isn't enough of a "message" in the picture. It looks painfully photoshopped.

3. I can see from your port that the pictures resulted from maybe one or two photo shoots. Try to do some more, get some practice. Posing isn't easy. Every photographer has poses that he prefers or hates. Try a lot use every chance.

....All of this...

I think you are gorgeous and belong in the model world. And I'm not just saying that as a fellow servicemember! smile But as for your port, there's nothing there that would make me or any of my peers want to list and/or comment. Your poses and looks come off as inexperienced, and most of the photos look unprofessional. I'm not sure if the photographer is a family friend or someone you respect, so I apologize if I offend him, but to grow and get experienced, I'd hire a professional and pay the big dollar to get the results. The ones you have used are in the amature to intermediate category (I'm not pointing fingers, as I fall into that category as well!)

Your exude confidence, which is awesome! You don't really have a dynamic range of poses yet, which is fine. Those can be learned. The hard thing to master is facial expressions and the ability to vary them. Especially if a concept or pose pushes past your comfort zone. In some of your images where you where a cowboy hat and a  sheer top, your face looks strained and uncomfortable, and your smile doesn't look genuine.

Find a professional (here on MM or wherever) and research him/her. If they can provide the quality, as his/her price and go with the intent to learn. Research poses and facial expressions and do what every pro-model, or every pro-anything does; practice practice practice... Pinterest has a bunch of stuff on poses and expressions you can pin to your board.

And finally, change your profile text, as song lyrics won't make anyone want to hire you or view you. If raising money for the Wounded Warriors is the game, you gotta have the credentials to match! smile

Jan 04 17 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

David Kirk

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Your photos are of poor quality.  Increase the quality as the first step to getting more comments.

Jan 13 17 05:11 am Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

The forums are fun but far from helpful if you want people to comment on your work. Most who are active in the forums are not writing comments or returning comments.

If you ask for comments and then return comments your counts will go up. You need to spend an hour every day to build a presence.

Also since we have the new page the comments have gone down as well as the lists. I used to get 100 comments a day, and now I get a third of that over the same time.

Jan 13 17 10:19 am Link