Forums > Critique > Everyone loves a milk bath, right? 18+

Photographer

WesOrtiz

Providence, Rhode Island, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/40514202 18+

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from this image, but looking for any critiques or tips to improve.

Jan 06 17 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

WesOrtiz wrote:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/40514202 18+

I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from this image, but looking for any critiques or tips to improve.

I kinda like this. If I were you I would have a little more negative space at the top of the image or less negative space at the bottom of the image. I would also get ride of the small tattoo near her breast as that is distracting.

Other than that nice job.

Jan 07 17 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

WesOrtiz

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:

I kinda like this. If I were you I would have a little more negative space at the top of the image or less negative space at the bottom of the image. I would also get ride of the small tattoo near her breast as that is distracting.

Other than that nice job.

The crop was pretty tough, I wanted to frame out the tub itself.  I see what you mean with the bottom though, lots of empty space.

Jan 08 17 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Photo-Visions

Buffalo, New York, US

I agree with reducing the white space...  If not by cropping then by making it something else...  Like with food coloring poured on and swirling through it...  ?     Color to taste... smile

Jan 08 17 09:45 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Needs some eyeliner, both lower and upper as well as brows, imho.  Maybe mascara or longer lashes too.  Some contouring makeup on the nose too as it is blended too much with the cheeks.

A MUAH might be worthwhile as they see things a bit different and catch those sort of issues.

Jan 08 17 09:49 am Link

Photographer

FFantastique

Orlando, Florida, US

Somewhat as a sidebar--but what do you use for the white fluid? I heard it's not real milk. Epsom salts? Please send me a link to how to do this right, or just write here. Thanks.

Jan 08 17 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

Yes, I think there is too much plain/blank water at bottom and above her head. And I would hide the tattoos.
But the main thing that doesn't work for me is her upside-downness. You can't actually look into her eyes (which are amazing) because of the way they are oriented.
I would play with the overall image orientation and cropping... and see what reveals itself.
My thought is to make it vertical (with her head up) and to crop tighter into her right shoulder area and above her head.

Jan 08 17 11:38 am Link

Photographer

sweet gamine

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I would be interested in seeing this with the model in a different pose.

Truth be told, when I first opened the link, it looked as though her head was turned and that there was a nipple on her upper arm near her shoulder.

Jan 08 17 11:56 am Link

Photographer

WesOrtiz

GRMACK wrote:
Needs some eyeliner, both lower and upper as well as brows, imho.  Maybe mascara or longer lashes too.  Some contouring makeup on the nose too as it is blended too much with the cheeks.

A MUAH might be worthwhile as they see things a bit different and catch those sort of issues.

Agreed.  I think adding some more definition to her features would really help her pop.

sweet gamine wrote:
I would be interested in seeing this with the model in a different pose.

Truth be told, when I first opened the link, it looked as though her head was turned and that there was a nipple on her upper arm near her shoulder.

We had a few different poses, this one came out the strongest.  The tub was sloped down on the side of her head and she was having difficulty keeping her head up.

Jan 09 17 09:43 am Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

We had a few different poses, this one came out the strongest.  The tub was sloped down on the side of her head and she was having difficulty keeping her head up.

Try a bath pillow to raise her head and neck.  Without seeing her neck, gives a disjointed  illusion

Jan 09 17 11:30 am Link

Photographer

WesOrtiz

Mary Durante Youtt wrote:

Try a bath pillow to raise her head and neck.  Without seeing her neck, gives a disjointed  illusion

I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Jan 10 17 08:46 am Link

Model

Sandra Vixen

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

In general the objects and features in the frame aren't very aesthetically placed, some post work could be done to blend the milky water more with the subjects.

Jan 10 17 12:52 pm Link