Forums > Critique > Feel free to share your opinions.

Photographer

LPVISUALS

Brooklyn, New York, US

Take a look at my portfolio and feel free to share your thoughts. Follow me on instagram for more images. I will follow back.

Jan 17 17 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

LPVISUALS wrote:
...your thoughts...

Larry, you are blessed to be located in the major fashion market of NYC... Few if any markets offer such a wealth of potential...

That said, my thoughts here are heavily biased toward Fashion & Beauty genre thus should not be taken as representative of Mayhem... First and foremost you book lacks gender and ethnic diversity without which you will not be taken seriously within the Fashion industry.  Also there is no coherence in your visual statement... i.e. you have yet to find your voice...

However your Avatar has superb compositional elements... but would/could have been breathtaking had a tenured makeup artist been in the mix...

This image again shows that you have an eye for composition and are good at directing talent
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/161006/11/57f691b3bbe83.jpg
Albeit it is crippled by chromatic aboration (color fringing) which is more than serious... Your lens in this capture simply can't be used wide open as it has been here...  The electric cyan fringe on the highlights of her face speaks of glass that is uncorrected for refraction... It may work well stopped down but if you wish to use a shallow DOF please invest in better optics.

Again... these are only my thoughts which are heavily tainted by Fashion genre bias...

Thank your for sharing Larry...
All the best on your journey...

Jan 18 17 01:00 pm Link