Forums > General Industry > Fake or Flake

Photographer

Rebel Lens

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I contacted this model about a paid shoot I was planning and she said she was very interested in doing it.

She asked me several questions about the shoot and I responded, and she asked if I still had that top the girl in my avatar was wearing as she was interested in wearing that at the shoot and if possible could I show her other photos of this girl wearing it, and so I directed her to my 500px page.

She then contacted me back asking other questions about the shoot but then she asked me if I had any photos of that girl but with the top fully open but I then informed her that I did have other images of the girl with the top open as I respect my models wishes for those images not be shown so I would not be showing her any.

She said okay and we sorted out a day for the shoot and a few days before the shoot I sent a confirmation message on MM but she did not respond to it even though I could see that she read it.

This type of thing happened to me once before on MM when another model I wanted to shoot with on here asked me to show her images of another model of mine and being gullible at the time I showed her, but then I was informed by a friend that those images were being shown on "ichan website" without my permission.

So this time the alarm bells rang.

Now this person may only be interested in the girl or this person my actually be a guy trying to get images for this website as I have seen other photographers models on that site as well, and I do know this person has stuffed around with another photographer as well.

Because usually female models do not ask me to show them topless/naked images of my models, only guys have ever asked me this, so it makes me think that this model is not who they say they are.

So if any Mods want her name so they can verify that she is who she says she is then please feel free to message me.

But I know one thing I certainly won't be using her in any of my shoots in the future, because I don't like fake models and I don't like models that flake on me either.

Jan 22 17 06:09 pm Link

Photographer

Iktan

New York, New York, US

You know, money solves everything. Other than that you will get flaked on.

Jan 22 17 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Rebel Lens wrote:
So if any Mods want her name so they can verify that she is who she says she is then please feel free to message me.

You have a responsibility to report it.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod

Jan 22 17 07:06 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

I have never had a model request nudes of another model.  Unless I am trying to emulate an existing piece, I can't see any reason to show anyone a picture of another model doing what I need.  I would rather provide a rough sketch.

Please report this member to the mods.

Jan 22 17 07:18 pm Link

Photographer

Rebel Lens

Okay, it has already been done, just wanted to be sure before rushing off and doing something rash and stupid .......again tongue

Jan 22 17 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Gerardo Martinez wrote:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/68/2e/ea/682eea88ef620792d45119f7fd67587a.jpg
OP....I agree such a request sounds totally fishy
Its worth reporting to mods

Jan 22 17 10:32 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

I find it highly suspicious. Why would a model ask to see the models boobs? Sounds like a pic collector to me. A craigslist kinda thing.
MM isn't immune to this sort of thing. Even though it is less likely to happen I am sure that if there is a way there will be people to exploit it. I'm sure some get past the gatekeepers. Maybe if you report them the gatekeepers can take a closer look.
It is not uncommon to have to wade through the BS to find the right connections. Out of all the messages I receive (on and off MM) only about 15% pan out and move forward. It is the nature of the internet.

Jan 23 17 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Yosh Studio

Los Angeles, California, US

I get those fishy requests on FB every few months

Jan 23 17 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

Gerardo Martinez wrote:

Tell that to all the forum threads here dealing with paid shoots.

In fact, THIS thread is about a paid shoot.

Jan 25 17 12:29 am Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

That IS a little fishy!
There are SOOO many pics of naked women all over the internet, I wonder if there is not something a bit more sinister going on here, such as the person actually knows that Model and wants those pics.
Why go to that extent just to get a pic when they can go to a garage sale and buy Playboys or screen-shot them from anywhere?!   Hmmmm!!!

Jan 26 17 01:29 am Link

Photographer

Rebel Lens

John Silva Photography wrote:
That IS a little fishy!
There are SOOO many pics of naked women all over the internet, I wonder if there is not something a bit more sinister going on here, such as the person actually knows that Model and wants those pics.   Hmmmm!!!

That is exactly what I was thinking too as most of her friends and her boyfriend's friends know she was modeling for me, so maybe one of them or some male ex-school friend saw my photos of her and wanted to see a lot more of her or maybe this is really a girl and she has a thing for hot blonde chicks, beats me.

All I know is, it is now being handled by MM, and they said they would be looking into it.

It is a shame though as I really wanted to have a shoot with this person to :,(

Jan 26 17 10:56 am Link

Model

Mina Salome

Los Angeles, California, US

Hmmm, sounds sketchy to me.  Did you contact this person the first time, or did they contact you?  Did you look at how long they had been on the site, how many friends they had, if they had any credits/tags from people who said they had worked with them?  I ask because I look for these things when photographers contact me.  When I've encountered what may have been fake photographer profiles, they had a few pictures in their portfolio, but no credits or tags from models who had worked with them, were brand new to the site, and only had like 5 friends, and asked weird red-flag raising things in messages.  I think it's not that hard to make a fake MM profile using pics taken from around the internet, so maybe that was what happened in this situation...

Jan 30 17 01:50 pm Link