Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Portfolio Suggestions

Photographer

DiegoSolari

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Hello,

As I am starting to develop an actual portfolio, I am changing the images that I have up, but at the moment what is on MM is what I have available. I pretty much picked up the camera the other day, so I can't pretend to have much more than this.

The question is simple really. (Edit: Considering the alternative of leaving free pic slots) Do you think it is worth having shots in your port that are not portraits or that do not have a human subject (landscapes even)?

Personally I like to give people that look at my portfolio an idea of what type of photography I do -or that I have done so far- and I do hope that it gives the viewer some perspective and some insight as far as my abilities.
If I were to leave just the most recent shots there would not be much to look at. You can probably tell which ones are the latest ones without looking at the order or the views.

Thank you for your opinion,

Diego

Feb 24 17 03:31 am Link

Photographer

Python Photos

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

With limited space available, I'm not willing to put non-model shots in my portfolio. On the other hand, I love seeing good images of other subjects. My overall work is mostly in things other than models, and I wish I had a good place to show everything I've done. I have everything on my Facebook profile, but I don't think anyone actually looks at those. I enjoy seeing other kinds of photographs.

Feb 25 17 08:43 am Link

Photographer

DiegoSolari

Milan, Lombardy, Italy

Python Photos wrote:
With limited space available, I'm not willing to put non-model shots in my portfolio. On the other hand, I love seeing good images of other subjects. My overall work is mostly in things other than models, and I wish I had a good place to show everything I've done. I have everything on my Facebook profile, but I don't think anyone actually looks at those. I enjoy seeing other kinds of photographs.

Thank you for the post Python. If I understood you correctly, I would consider taking a couple of pictures out and replacing them with some of your best work in the area that you do photography for, whichever that might be. It might be business as usual for you, but it might be something interesting to look at for someone else. Besides -in my opinion- one can do just fine with 1 less pair of legs on their portfolio if there is a good alternative... smile

Feb 25 17 11:43 am Link