Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

watched it tonight. man, it was cringe-worthy in parts (like most musicals--to me--are), but the last 10 minutes were pretty well done, i'll give them that. it was quaint how they interpreted the last fantasy scene, whereby--ultimately--it was the female perspective of the fantasy.

i think that gosling was reduced to a caricature in the flick, but that's what musicals usually do. i don't know much from emma stone, but she was ok.

i didn't see many flicks from last year, but couldn't see this as the best pic of the year (nor did the ampas) . i could name a couple that eclipsed it, without even thinking. but i'm not a member of the club.

it was pretty long, though. it could have used some judicious paring.

ultimately, they both got what they wanted, just separately. no harm, no foul; and no unrequited. smile

Mar 20 17 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

I'll look forward to seeing it on cable / Netflix.  After all, it won the Best Picture Oscar (at least for 10 minutes).

I like musicals, but I'm not much of a fan of movie theaters.  There are a couple of theaters around here with gourmet food service & waiters & such.  Even though, my home theater is better.

Mar 21 17 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Dream-foto

Chico, California, US

I enjoyed it.  The opening scene alone is worth going to see the movie.

Mar 22 17 08:58 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

I'll be interested in seeing it once it's on one of the streaming channels.

Mar 22 17 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Dream-foto wrote:
I enjoyed it.  The opening scene alone is worth going to see the movie.

ehh, i wasn't too enamored with that scene. i believe it was shot on the 105 east connector to the 110 north, though. that's what i liked about the flick. it highlighted all the usual la landmarks. ones i like to come across all the time. and my favorite of all (and most folks), the griffith observatory. i haven't actually been in it since the remodel, but they did change a bit. especially in the planetarium room itself.

it had all the hits: colorado street bridge, aforementioned observatory, the chateau marmont, all the old dives (musso and frank, etc). those parts i liked.

here's a shot i did at the observatory before it closed for renovations:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/eok3/26-gopano-2.jpg

and the view of the hollywood sign, from the grounds.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/eok3/23-IMG_1904copy.jpg

Mar 22 17 02:01 pm Link