Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Feeling the need to rant...

Photographer

PhotoKromze

Lisbon, Lisboa e Vale do Tejo, Portugal

...about not getting enough critiques and comments on my photos. What do I need to do to please the photo-gods to shower their critiques on me? tongue

Mar 26 17 11:33 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

PhotoKromze wrote:
...about not getting enough critiques and comments on my photos. What do I need to do to please the photo-gods to shower their critiques on me? tongue

Given that there are hundreds of thousands of portfolios on Model Mayhem, you need to find a way to drive people to look at yours.  Quite honestly, there is no way people are going to find you randomly unless they have a reason to go look at what you have done. They may find you by doing a search for photographers in your local area, but the best way by far is for you to be active in the Forums, post front page Announcements, and look at other portfolios and leave comments on photos you like.  You also must have photos that they want to leave comments on when they visit your page.

Those with the highest number of page views and photo comments are usually quite active, post Announcements often, and spend an hour or two a day on MM posting in the Forums and looking at the work of others and leaving comments on photos.

That's how it works, you must give them a reason to come and look at what you are doing.

You can't expect them to have any reason to come to your page if you don't give them that reason.

Mar 26 17 11:46 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

PhotoKromze wrote:

On Your last request for Critique You included a link to a folder of 7 images, pick one and post it.

Mar 26 17 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoKromze

Lisbon, Lisboa e Vale do Tejo, Portugal

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

On Your last request for Critique You included a link to a folder of 7 images, pick one and post it.

I'm looking forward to critiques on all 7 images. Posting them one by one might confuse people.

Mar 26 17 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

PhotoKromze wrote:
I'm looking forward to critiques on all 7 images. Posting them one by one might confuse people.

So be it.

What I am seeing is those who request a Critique of one image (not a link) receive a greater response.

Mar 26 17 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

BODYSHOP FEETURES

Clearwater, Florida, US

Be careful what you pray for.

Mar 26 17 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

PhotoKromze wrote:

Payola...

Mar 26 17 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

This isn't the critique area but you are in one of the most beautiful countries on earth.   Show it with your models.   Capture them like in the image I commented on.

Mar 27 17 09:54 am Link

Photographer

barepixels

San Diego, California, US

Truth is photographers doesn't visited or comments as often as models does.

Maybe you can try to enter Photo of the Day Contest

Mar 27 17 10:53 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

there used to be a VIP thing about comments for comments. basically you agree to trade comments.

if i want more attention i run around listing and commenting. that usually nets me some responses in return although sometimes it's the dreaded tag that seems nice but when translated really means "yawn"

Mar 29 17 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

PhotoKromze wrote:

Perhaps request them in the critique forum...?

Mar 29 17 02:29 pm Link

Model

Mina Salome

Los Angeles, California, US

Eagle Rock Photographer wrote:

Perhaps request them in the critique forum...?

Precisely what I came here to ask...have you tried there yet?  Announcements and Pic of the Day contests will get some exposure to your portfolio, and will likely get you some nice comments, but if you're looking for honest critique and constructive criticism, the critique forum is the place to be.

Mar 29 17 04:25 pm Link