Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

So I guess it's been running for a couple of months now (I don't have cable in NOLA) and I'm curious. 

Is anybody watching it?  Any increase in new models coming into the fold in your area?  Do you think its return will have any impact?

Enquiring minds want to know.

Apr 29 17 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

It's been and gone. Still the same shizzle as before. More about being "a brand" than actually doing any shoots.
It's entertainment, noth8ng to be taken seriously. Never has.
Plus, as much as I like Rita Ora a presenter, she's not really a good mentor. I very much doubt she's ever been on a go see in her life.

Apr 29 17 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Keith Moody

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Didn't know they were still doing the American version (there are versions in multiple countries).  Guess I'll go watch it now.  I was often entertained by the show.

Apr 29 17 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

TiffnyR

Seoul, Seoul, Korea (South)

Darren Brade wrote:
It's been and gone. Still the same shizzle as before. More about being "a brand" than actually doing any shoots.
It's entertainment, noth8ng to be taken seriously. Never has.
Plus, as much as I like Rita Ora a presenter, she's not really a good mentor. I very much doubt she's ever been on a go see in her life.

I think that was the general consensus on Rita. I loved her style and personality but as a presenter/mentor she was pretty bland. Also the whole "be a brand" thing was so weird. Like there was one girl who literally was everything they wanted: consistently turned out great shots, worked well with everyone, was smart about her image and actually owned her own brand of body butters and they insulted her by picking a generic model for the winner. It. was. weird.

I'm so glad Tyra's coming back and I hope they bring back the modeling/photoshoots aspect of the show. That was the main reason I started watching because it was so interesting. They should have more working models as mentors Stacy McKenzie was such a breath of fresh air. It'd be nice to include all types of successful mentors from high fashion to commercial for the different challenges.

Anyway I heard this season will be for models 25 and up? I'm excited for it! big_smile

Jul 02 17 08:38 am Link