Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > Getting comfortable with lingerie/implied nude

Model

Julie Ann NYC

New York, New York, US

As a curve model and an introvert, I've suffered my fair share of shyness and insecurity. I started as a commercial print/occasional fashion model and left the industry for a while to work in the business sector. Even when I was thin, I was very shy and insecure about my body and had a litany of parts of myself I hated.

Now, I've decided to embrace my new curves and took some lingerie shots I needed for my portfolio. I'm sharing one of my favorites below. These are from the weekend of 4/22 and last weekend I did an implied nude shoot I'm waiting for the edits from. Very excited with how these turned out and was pleasantly surprised to see how I can look on camera.

A small achievement perhaps, but one that pleases me. smile

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/170501/18/5907e4e1b96dc_m.jpg

May 02 17 08:31 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Congratulations, you are doing quite well and the new series shows off your body and figure quite nicely, in addition to being sexy.  You are just beautiful, with a body and figure that any woman would be proud of. We come in every size and shape, and yours is nicely suited toward this sort of modelling.

As a woman who wishes she would have started modelling at a younger age, I can totally understand your feelings. I was not confident, and quite hesitant when offered the opportunity to model at 19, so I declined and that has bothered me ever since. I was 35 before I got up the confidence to get naked and stand in front of a room filled with artists during a life drawing session, but once I had done it, I never looked back and regretted not having started much earlier.

I'm looking forward to being able to see more of your work as you continue to share your new experiences. It's easier to say than to do, but please don't let anything hold you back. You will soon learn that modelling builds confidence and each photo shoot you participate in is emotionally rewarding. Personally, I have found that modelling naked (and I think you are going in that direction, slowly and cautiously) has been the single most empowering thing I could possibly ever have done for myself as a woman.

May 02 17 09:31 am Link

Photographer

PhotoRealism

Dallas, Texas, US

The photos turned out beautifully! You have nothing to be shy about with these. There's definitely no need to model fully nude when you pull off the lingerie (and I assume the implied nude) so flawlessly. Thank you for sharing your work!

May 02 17 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Julie Ann NYC wrote:
was pleasantly surprised to see how I can look on camera.

I don't get it?
Your hot.

Nuff said

May 02 17 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

Beautiful image.  Sensuality starts in the mind and works it's way to the surface.  The photographer captured the underlying essence of your being...

May 03 17 05:03 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

I don't see any of these flaws you mention. You look very good, well done.

May 03 17 11:04 am Link

Model

Julie Ann NYC

New York, New York, US

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

May 03 17 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Richard Majerski

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

Your series of lingerie shots look great!! Keep working with those people they know what they are doing.

May 04 17 01:49 pm Link