Forums > General Industry > TP no good? seeking advices

Photographer

AgX

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

L o n d o n   F o g wrote:
So lunch is safe, dinner a no no, what about breakfast?

Um, if they accept dinner, breakfast is pretty much a natural progression. Or wasn't that part clear?
smile

May 18 17 03:25 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

AgX wrote:
Um, if they accept dinner, breakfast is pretty much a natural progression. Or wasn't that part clear?
smile

I have had both breakfast and dinner with AgX (and on multiple occasions!).

Both were perfectly good meals to share with a photographer-person.

May 18 17 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

AgX

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

AgX wrote:
smile

Koryn wrote:
I have had both breakfast and dinner with AgX (and on multiple occasions!).

Both were perfectly good meals to share with a photographer-person.

You are totally undermining my creeper reputation...

May 20 17 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

MikeW

Cape Canaveral, Florida, US

First, I suggest you look at male models for TFP since they are often not considered for such and will usually show up.
Second, consider scheduling two models at once so, while one model is changing, you are photographing the other. (Doubles your chance of at least one showing up).
Third, consider offering a small payment along with images (say $50 session payment).

May 25 17 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

NeoQ

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you! I recently shot with a bunch of photographers with experience with MM. I heard them saying, if you want one model showing up, book three. I guess flake is not rare in this business.

Mina Salome wrote:
Yikes, there are some serious horror stories in this thread.  As a model, I haven't experienced anything quite like this with photographers, but I'm also very careful about who I would arrange a trade shoot with.  All I can say is there are great models out there, and great photographers, but not all are created equal.  Look for someone with a lot of different people in their portfolio, and a lot of verified credits.  If you're having a conversation with them by text, email, Model Mayhem messages, or whatever else, they need to be reliably communicative to confirm to you that they are actually interested, especially in the days right before the shoot.  If they are not responding to messages in the days right before a shoot, that's a major red flag for me.

I definitely would not recommend giving a model 3 chances after they flake on you...Every once in a long while, it may be necessary to call in sick or something if there is a drastic reason to cancel the shoot, but it should be a pretty rare thing...there's no excuse to cancel multiple times on someone!  If I was working with someone who was flaking on me like that, I would view it as a flawed work ethic and move on to people with better professional values.

Jun 04 17 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

NeoQ

Chicago, Illinois, US

Make sense. This is a first lesson I learned here. smile

MikeW wrote:
First, I suggest you look at male models for TFP since they are often not considered for such and will usually show up.
Second, consider scheduling two models at once so, while one model is changing, you are photographing the other. (Doubles your chance of at least one showing up).
Third, consider offering a small payment along with images (say $50 session payment).

Jun 04 17 06:21 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

I find it amusing how everyone interprets offers of food, snacks, refreshments etc during a shoot so differently.

Lunch seems to be ok (presumably because it's daylight), but the sticking point seems to be offers of dinner. Why is it that offers of an after-shoot dinner is a red flag, somehow translating in some models minds that the photographer wants to get their panties off and wear them as a hat?

Full fry-up? big_smile
I'm in! 

But after a long day of shooting I am tired and don't want to be polite sitting up straight at table for another couple of hours, I want to go home, undo my top button and crack open that six pack along with something I can eat with one hamd while laying down... lol

Jun 08 17 03:16 pm Link