Forums > Model Colloquy > Strong Ideas for Modeling as a Couple

Model

Ashley Vetere

Mission Viejo, California, US

I need help brain storming ideas on couples shoots that would benefit both my boyfriend and I.

He used to be signed with Ford modeling out in Los Angeles and is looking to update his portfolio. Sorry for the lack of photo, feel free to message me if you're interested in seeing what he looks like.

We both have blonde hair. It would interesting to play off of that. I would say we both have more of a California vibe to us than high fashion at this point.

Here are my thoughts:
Romance novel type?
Beach shoot?
Wedding?
Black and white?

Pictures are encouraged. Thanks!

Jul 30 17 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

- post photo(s) of him;
- collect some concepts on your own;
- offer yourselves to stock photography shooters who often shoot couples or siblings;
- offer yourselves in the mm 'castings' and 'travel/available' sections;
etc.

Jul 30 17 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

MN Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

When I do shoots with couples, I'll sometimes re-create or do scenes inspired by classic movies.  This shot was meant to be inspired by Born Yesterday from 1950:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/42779266

Jul 30 17 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

L O C U T U S

Bangor, Maine, US

Your man was Ford agency represented. If he was worked by them, I'd say he should have tons of ideas for couples shoots.
Doesn't he have any photographer contacts he made when he was working with Ford?

smile

Jul 31 17 02:30 am Link

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I have a great list of my MM page. Feel free to check it out smile

Aug 14 17 03:40 am Link

Photographer

BobBarford Photo

York, Pennsylvania, US

I saw an editorial shoot on a beach or small island patch of land where he was looking lost with torn/wet clothing. He happens to pick up a bottle in the surf and read a note inside. Slowly out of focus a female form start to appear in a series of shots. Obviously there are very happy to see once another and are playful and then romantic on the beach. Of course, roles could be swapped so that the camera first sees the female and the male slowly appears.

Sep 02 17 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

Obviously agencies will line up models in accordance with client requests, so I assume you are talking about independent gigs.

One issue in booking a male and female separately, is if either flakes, the objective is lost, as a package deal couple you reduce that risk.  You can also sell yourself to stock photographers that you have experience and comfort working together.  I imagine this would also appeal to some art photographers, although not doing nudes is a big limitation here. 

In trying to sell yourselves as a package deal you are a niche. As such you will lose some opportunities but need to sell yourselves on the positive a modeling couple can provide.

Sep 02 17 07:03 pm Link

Model

Ashley Vetere

Mission Viejo, California, US

Sorry:

Here is a photo.

https://www.facebook.com/48HourFilmProj … mp;theater

and yes an independent shoot.

Sep 02 17 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

I'm actually in the middle of thinking some ideas for an engagement shoot.  I didn't want to do the park thing, so one of the ideas I'm putting together is a boat thing.  smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rlipohs4dhbg … ASnfa?dl=0

Sep 02 17 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Maybe we can have him hold your sunglasses whilst we shoot some classic surf stuff Miss A  .  .  .  wink

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/140325/09/5331a9f17c164.jpg

Nah, I guess you can both get in the image  .  .  .  wink  Maybe some island/beach looks where the two of you look like you're either in an exotic locale, or a resort in da islands  .  .  .  I shoot a lot of that look commercially, and booking a couple that look right together makes hiring models a lot easier than trying to match them up, or using local talent that sometimes doesn't have the look the client is after  .  .  .

SOS

Sep 03 17 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Google:
site:modelmayhem.com/list couple
https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3A … ist+couple

Plenty of idea/concepts. Just do not attempt to duplicate a shot. Get inspired by them.

Sep 03 17 05:53 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

A romantic shoot on the beach, in bathing suits, you could work up a story line and shoot that, and also do some random, fun playful shots together which don't necessarily have to be posed.  I find that when posing with another model sometimes the best results happen when we just try different things on our own that loosely follow the concepts suggested by the photographers.

Sep 04 17 06:10 am Link

Photographer

gary yong

Beijing, Beijing, China

Try boudoir couple shoot

Jun 18 18 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

A Thousand Words

Lakeland, Florida, US

This is from an enaggement shoot I did recently.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/180608/14/5b1af821533d2_m.jpg

Jun 20 18 05:19 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Ashley Vetere wrote:
We both have blonde hair. It would interesting to play off of that. I would say we both have more of a California vibe to us than high fashion at this point.

this is the wrong view. it's up to the photographer to setup the shot - without the proper lighting, set and the models who create the mood the concept means zip. you can have two models standing on a street; if the models create the chemistry and mood, the photographer has the lighting to fit and framed the whole thing for impact - then it is a strong image.

if two models are standing on the same spot like wet rags, and the photographer has bad lighting then it fails. same concept, same location, same camera, same models.

Jun 20 18 06:33 am Link