Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Where to find Retouching Job

Photographer

Chester Nguyen

Hà Nội, Đồng bằng sông Hồng, Vietnam

Dear MM people
I'm currently a photographer, but also want to get some retouching jobs to cover my expenses. I'm setting up a team with basic retouchers and also advanced retouchers for commercial works (simple like deep etch, drop shadows, change color, texture to more advanced ones like working with model, portrait and beauty retouching)

Can you guys give me some ideas where i can find jobs for my team? For starers and freelancers, i think my team could come up really competitive price.

many thanks

Aug 01 17 01:02 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Chester Nguyen wrote:
Dear MM people
I'm currently a photographer, but also want to get some retouching jobs to cover my expenses. I'm setting up a team with basic retouchers and also advanced retouchers for commercial works (simple like deep etch, drop shadows, change color, texture to more advanced ones like working with model, portrait and beauty retouching)

Can you guys give me some ideas where i can find jobs for my team? For starers and freelancers, i think my team could come up really competitive price.

many thanks

Hi Chester,

The market is oversaturated with people who approach things like you seem to do. Before taking the responsibility to set up a team with the intent to do the same which thousands of others are already doing (and are usually unhappy with it) it may be a good idea to consider what value that may have to a potential client. Just being cheaper is not enough because 1) the clients who look for the cheap vendor are usually amateurs or ones whose clients are very cheap too. 2) such a client will neither give you long term work, nor short term well paid one.

That said: if you are happy with jobs like "I have 100 images which must be done urgently for total budget of $30" you can find a lot like these on sites like Upwork.

Aug 02 17 02:41 am Link

Retoucher

Selena Jain

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Its true that retouching sector is very much competitive and you have to keep patience for getting job. Initially you can start with any freelancing site like Upwork, this is a good way to contact the clients as well as to get the job.

Aug 07 17 02:23 am Link