Forums > Model Colloquy > What are some of the things photographers say

Model

alex21uk

Durham, England, United Kingdom

Speaking as a male model,  I have also had some comments from photographers that made me wince.  But I think I've found so far it's not what they say as how they say it that matters most...

If a photog is respectful, courteous and explains why he wants me to do "x, y and z" then not only am I more likely to agree to do it but I will be happier doing it as well.

Just good manners I guess

May 08 20 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

not all masters of light are the masters of words.
but I know for sure, ALL masters of words are CREEPY -- check any Nobel laureate of literature

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N … Literature

for example, it's totally possible read aloud ANY religious book... shamefully to the extreme (INTONATIONS!), full excess. examples? look at youtube videos...

plus, English language is wide-spread, but has LOCAL nuances and differences, not just dialects  (IMPORTANT!).

or your original question inherently US-centric? if so, it's creepy

jk

May 23 20 03:42 pm Link

Model

MikeyStuart

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I've had a photographer who wasn't creepy with what he said, but he'd breathe heavily (as one does when pleasuring oneself) every time we'd shoot something, and that made me feel uncomfortable.

Jul 26 20 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Images by SeanK Photo wrote:
What are some of the things photographers say

Are there any more of those little crispy crackers?

One thing that sticks in My mind is a quote by a Photographer that was relayed to Me by a (new) local Model:

'You won't get anywhere in this business unless You pose nude' 

idk.

Jul 28 20 04:40 am Link