Forums > Photography Talk > Central Camera in Chicago

Photographer

Digital Czar

Oak Park, Illinois, US

If any photographers buy from Central Camera in Chicago, they have made a change with Covid-19 virus sequestering.

From their FB post:

Central Camera Company
12 hrs ·
To Our Loyal Customers,
Due to COVID-19 Central Camera had to close its doors. This was to keep our customers and employees safe, in cooperation with Pritzker’s Stay-At-Home order. We are delighted to say that we are in the process of offering a mail order service. To those interested, please email us here at [email protected] . Please provide your name, phone number, and a list of items that you may need. If you would like to leave us an email so we can send you updates about the store you may do so. We would like to see how many would be interested in this so we can set up a pick-up/appointment process. Of course there will be an option to ship your items to you as well. We hope you are all staying safe during these strange times and we look forward to serving you soon.
Central Camera Company

Apr 22 20 09:06 pm Link

Photographer

Nathan Guadalupe

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

I've shopped there before. It's what I would consider to be a "ma and pa" shop that caters to photographers and art students located in the heart of the city. I'd hate to see them go. Thanks for the info.

Apr 24 20 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

MikeW

Cape Canaveral, Florida, US

In the 60s and 70s, this was the go to place for both the unusual and high end used equipment. They stocked a range of chromes back when and was the only place you could get certain films in the Chicago area. Loved that place!

May 05 20 08:34 pm Link