Forums > Critique > New pictures

Model

Khaega

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Hey all, I’ve got some new pictures up and would really love some feedback and suggestions. Thanks in advance!!

Apr 24 20 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

In every photo you are facing left!  There is not much variation in composition, poses, or tonality of the images.  Need more variation.

Apr 26 20 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

You have a Good Look and Photograph Well

Keep working with better and better Photographers

and I agree that you should give the right side of your face some exposure

Apr 26 20 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Rough Hewn Images

Salem, Oregon, US

First post was a little abrupt!  Kinda tired when I wrote it so I will add more here.

All but 2 of the photos have the "bad boy" kind of look to them and that will end up being limiting in the long run, get a variety of poses and outfits.  Get head shots, torso shots, left and right poses, vary the clothing more, male glamour shots, cleaned up, a little dirty, use props, etc..  Many of the them seem to be taken by friends, maybe with a cell phone by the look of the images.  It's funny, the one I like the best as far as poses goes is https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/45936231, but with better composition (not placing you directly in the center of the image and a few other subtle changes) it probably would be a great shot.

You might be able to find someone in your area doing trade shoots to start with and see what you come up with, but make sure they have a real camera.  Went to a photo shoot once with a "professional" and they were using a point-and-shoot digital camera!  If that happens, walk away!  You can do several sessions with different photographers and styles then select a few  of the best shots from there.  A few paid sessions would be a boost along this path, but check the photographers portfolio first to make sure they fit the look you are after.

I agree with Garry K, there is good potential, just need to find a good set of photos for the portfolio.  Check out other models and photographers profiles here and try to emulate a few of the poses to start with, you will develop your look.

Apr 27 20 08:51 am Link

Photographer

Sal W Hanna

Huntington Beach, California, US

Good start. I would suggest working on facial expressions as it appears you have two expressions that are your go to. A wider array will help you.

May 08 20 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Dan OMell

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

too many repetitive shots I think, with the same look and feel. looks kinda monotonous a bit.
and it's Ok to have less photos in your port till the moment you get more varieties of looks

May 23 20 09:42 am Link