Forums > Photography Talk > Portfolio site with security

Photographer

Keith Goodman

Gainesville, Virginia, US

Search of Forums showed several sites but not what I am looking for.

I would like a site where I ca post password protected portfolios and get a verified email address of anyone who visits.  It seems simple, I am often required to enter my email and respond to the email from the site before admittance.  I can't seem find a host that does this. 

Thanks everyone for your help,

May 20 20 06:51 am Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

While you may find the features compelling, "security" is probably not the word I would use.

You may be able to "fly under the radar" but that is not the same thing.

The list of websites that have been hacked is long and illustrious. There is NO security on the internet.

All that said, your best bet may be to make your own website and configure it to your specifications.

May 20 20 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

Check out Shootproof. Individual galleries can be set to various levels of security, requiring a unique password and e-mail address. In short, it EXACTLY meets your specification.

Shootproof also works very well for digital fulfillment either digitally or through labs like BRI and Dale.

May 20 20 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Keith Goodman

Gainesville, Virginia, US

Thanks.  It is not so much about passwords it is that I get bogus email addresses like [email protected].  I’d like verified emails.

May 20 20 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Reason there is none or very few and rare because there is no demand for it. Think about it, why would anyone want to go through all the trouble to look at a portfolio? Unless your work is extraordinary or phenomenal. I would've just clicked "next".

May 20 20 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Keith Allen Phillips

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
Reason there is none or very few and rare because there is no demand for it. Think about it, why would anyone want to go through all the trouble to look at a portfolio? Unless your work is extraordinary or phenomenal. I would've just clicked "next".

This.
Or if I did want to see the gallery bad enough to jump through hoops all you would get is a garbage email address that I have just for such instances. Who doesn't have one of those these days?

May 20 20 10:17 pm Link