What is 'Pic of the Day'?
Pic of the Day is the extension of one of the most popular forum threads in the history of Model Mayhem. The contest was started back in July '06 by Craig Seay and has pretty much remained on the front forum page ever since. It has amassed tens of thousands of posts and gone through a number of different hosts.
Why change it?
The members and hosts alike have been asking for their own system for a long time. While the forums have been wildly successful, it doesn't make for the most optimal setup.
How do I play?
Simple. Just go to the submit page and upload your most winningest photo. It will then be put in a queue for the contest 2 days afterwards. (For example, submissions received June 1 would go towards the June 3 contest.)
What do I win?
The most uberest of bragging rights?
Are there any rules?
Yes, a few. Please abide by them. It makes the world a better place.
- No mature images. Model Mayhem's mature (18+) image policy is found here.
- You may enter only 1 image per day, even if you have multiple accounts.
- You may only enter an image that you were directly involved in creating.
- Entries must be in the form of single images. Multiple images, even those combined to form a thematic series, are prohibited.
- You may not resubmit a given image for at least 15 days.
- First-place winning images (including Picture of the Day - Original Edition winners) may not be resubmitted.
- No vote stacking by soliciting votes for an entry through announcements, tags, the forums, or other means.
- No multi-account voting. You may only vote once even if you have multiple accounts.
- Each day the Picture of the Day contest officially ends at Midnight Pacific Time.
- The Picture of the Day moderators reserve the right to disqualify images at their discretion.
Too slow?! There is a cap?
Yes, there is a 200 entry limit cap. Anything over that and the vote page becomes too unwieldy and we don't get an accurate representation of votes. You can get in by making sure you have your photo ready for upload at the deadline (12am PST).
I've got more questions. Where do I go?
There is a POTD Discussion Thread in the forums. Please feel free to read through that and post a question there if necessary.
Who runs POTD?
JoJo - Contest Admin
Dean Johnson Photo