What is 'Pic of the Day'?
Pic of the Day is the extension of one of the most popular forum threads in the history of Model Mayhem. It has amassed tens of thousands of posts and gone through a number of different hosts.
How do I play?
Simple. Just go to the submit page and upload your most winningest photo. It will then be put in a queue for the contest 2 days afterwards. (For example, submissions received June 1 would go towards the June 3 contest.)
What do I win?
The most uberest of bragging rights?
Are there any rules?
Yes, a few. Please abide by them. It makes the world a better place.
- No mature images. Model Mayhem's mature (18+) image policy is found here.
- You may enter only 1 image per day, even if you have multiple accounts.
- You may only enter an image that you were directly involved in creating.
- Entries must be in the form of single images. Multiple images, even those combined to form a thematic series, are prohibited.
- Cell phone or web cam images are not permitted as entries.
- You may not resubmit a given image for at least 15 days.
- First-place winning images (including Picture of the Day - Original Edition winners) may not be resubmitted.
- No vote stacking by soliciting votes for an entry through announcements, tags, the forums, or other means.
- No multi-account voting. You may only vote once even if you have multiple accounts.
- Each day the Picture of the Day contest officially ends at Midnight Pacific Time.
- The Picture of the Day moderators reserve the right to disqualify images at their discretion.
Too slow?! There is a cap?
Yes, there is a 200 entry limit cap. Anything over that and the vote page becomes too unwieldy and we don't get an accurate representation of votes. You can get in by making sure you have your photo ready for upload at the deadline (12am PST).
I've got more questions. Where do I go?
There are a few places you can go to get your questions answered.
If you're curious about how images are reviewed, check out our article on
Image Rules. This should hopefully answer the majority of your questions about images.
If you have other questions, check out the site-related forums or the contest forums. Most people in there will be able help answer your questions.
If you still have questions after that, click Help!
Who runs POTD?
The contests and entries are reviewed by the entire moderation team, but if you have questions, these folks will be able to help.
Dean Johnson Photo
What happens to my photo?
We do not take ownership of any of the photos submitted to the contest. However, by submitting your photo you agree to allow Model Mayhem to share your submission with our online community though FB, Instagram, and Twitter with Photographer Credits.