Mask PhotoPhotographer Male Fremont, California, US
My Website: Mask PhotoMy MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/maskphoto
Mayhem # 154305
Retouchers, DO NOT ADD ME. I will block you.
Hi there. I'm an editorial and commercial photographer in the SF bay area.
• My primary motivation in making photographs is to produce an image that makes the viewer stop and blurt out "what's that?" or "how'd you do that" or simply "whoah!"
• My secondary motivation is to end up with a picture that isn't contained within the frame. Something that tells a story. That makes demands on the viewer to figure out what happens next.
I'm currently shooting very limited TFP. Most of my projects are paid. If you want to submit your work for a TFP collaboration, feel free but please be professional about the way you conduct yourself. If I've listed you on my TFP wishlist, my hope is that you understand this, as well.
The very first thing to know about TFP shoots is that I provide one image per look, per crew member (who's shooting for trade) There are many reasons for this but it has been the biggest sticking point in my trade shoots so please read below so it's clear before we start negotiating.
• TFP shoots are a lot of work. Yes, I know you're providing your time too. I'm providing my time before the shoot to pre-plan, during the shoot to actually shoot, and after the shoot to process. I can't process 5-10 (some people have asked for 20!) images because I spend time on my craft and the results look good. Your photos will look good, too, but I'm not spending 12 hours on them for you (sorry!).
• You only need one image anyway. Why on earth would you put 2 images from the same look in your portfolio? That just makes it look like you're padding (making your book look bigger than it is by stuffing it full of duplicate looks). These images aren't for zivity and they're not for your boyfriend, they're for your professional portfolio. Each person gets to pick the one image from the shoot that will help them the most. (everyone gets copies of everyone else's pics, of course; no reason not to provide them once they're processed)
I know most models shoot TFP because they're new, but that's no excuse to act like your time is more valuable than anyone else's. Good photos take a lot of work. Please understand this before we agree to shoot.
Unsolicited friend requests will be ignored. This isn't Instagram.
• no escorts, please. I'm happy to say hello to the person who gave you a ride, but an extra person on-set is a distraction as well as an insurance risk. (if you're under 18, no shoots without a parent or guardian present)
• I reserve my friends list for people who I have worked with or plan to work with in the near future, but I welcome tags, lists, and comments! (seriously, if the first thing I get from you is a friend request, I will assume you don't read things, which is a problem, because anyone I work with will have to read contracts)
• I view a person's messaging habits as an indicator of their reliability.
• My ultimate goal is to facilitate a positive, professional experience for everyone involved. I make the assumption that you share this goal, and I look forward to achieving it with you.
Have you worked with Mask Photo? Add Credits for Mask Photo! >>
"Good photographer. Had very creative ideas and themes."