PhotoMagePhotographer Male New Haven, Connecticut, US
My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/photomage
Mayhem # 369649
I am a young photographer from the southern CT area who is looking for nothing more than to use photography as a creative outlet. I'm here to meet models who will help me create photos that we will both be proud of. Here are some things you should know about my general photographic style...
-Right off the bat you should know that I am by no means a "technical" photographer. I am 100% about the artistic expression of a photo and couldn't care less about what my or someone else's camera is capable of. If you talk tech with me, I will be lost. I also don't use a flash, ever. Some people are instantly turned off by hearing this. I think it's a good thing and it's helped me to develop more of a style in my opinion.
- I will give you direction, but you are still the boss.
- I try to put care and thought into each individual shot.
- I like photos to have some kind of narrative or essence to them, rather than the "Go pose over there in this position while I snap 100 pictures of it" method. I prefer the candid feel.
- I PREFER inexperienced/"average" looking models. There is nothing better than helping new or aspiring models get their start.
- If a model is nude, I don't like that to take away from the focus of my photos, which is usually the face. Also, I believe that obscuring nudity leaves more to the imagination and consequently makes for more interesting photos.
- I am all about things being as "real" as possible, and will not work with anyone who has undergone cosmetic surgery.
- I will not use anything YOU don't like (if you're a model).
- I will try to compensate for gas and/or travel expenses, but cannot pay models for time. I am a student and am in debt enough.
- I love pale skin, and if you have it, you've already earned points with me.
- If you're unsure about modeling, or lack confidence, I'm the guy you want to see.
- And lastly, I will only use photoshop to enhance the color/contrast, effects and lighting of a photo. I am strongly against "editing" a model or making adjustments to her face or body. Blemishes and imperfections are natural and can be very beautiful. I will however do it if it's a special request by the model.
My portfolio is still limited at this point, but if you enjoy my work at all, or what I'm all about, please do contact me. I like the idea of bringing light to new models. I am happy with my general style thus far, and would like to see where it continues to take me, but I'd also love to test my versatility and try some figure work or glamour shots. If you are interested in any of these concepts, please let me know!
"What spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment in which it is clothed?" -Michelangelo
Have you worked with PhotoMage? Add Credits for PhotoMage! >>