login info join!
Forums > Photography Talk > Great Photo Shoot Ideas Search   Reply
Model
Miss Tara Belle
Posts: 16
Charleston, South Carolina, US


I live for photo shoots, but so far mine have all been the norm.  I really want to add some crazy awesome photos to my port.  Does anyone have ideas on what might would work?  Nudity is a no no, but I am willing to try anything else.
Aug 05 08 11:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cultured Pearls Photo
Posts: 1,928
Washington, District of Columbia, US


I like the beach shots you already have.
I would think Charleston would offer tons of opportunities. Try historic buildings,simply check the registry.
Try the docks.
Tons of OLD farms in your area.
Notice I didn't say anything about nudity?....lol
Aug 05 08 11:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caspers Creations
Posts: 11,409
Kansas City, Missouri, US


I stick to kittens and rainbows.
May not be "edgy", but it's pretty!
Aug 05 08 11:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss Tara Belle
Posts: 16
Charleston, South Carolina, US


Cultured Pearls Photo wrote:
I like the beach shots you already have.
I would think Charleston would offer tons of opportunities. Try historic buildings,simply check the registry.
Try the docks.
Tons of OLD farms in your area.
Notice I didn't say anything about nudity?....lol

Thanks!! I actually have done shoots all throughout the historic district!!  Charleston is beautiful.  I just really want to push my creativity!!!

Aug 06 08 12:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cultured Pearls Photo
Posts: 1,928
Washington, District of Columbia, US


Maybe you need to break away from the fashion style clothing to find your edge?
Not necessarily suggesting latex, but just maybe something not so normal and fashionable as the clothing you show in port?
Maybe a historic graveyard (Charleston has dozens) with a goth touch? It has been done before, but is definitely a different look for you.
Go cowgirl? Steelworker?....lots of options.
Aug 06 08 12:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
VisualRamblings
Posts: 1,951
Denver, Colorado, US


Miss Tara Belle wrote:
Thanks!! I actually have done shoots all throughout the historic district!!  Charleston is beautiful.  I just really want to push my creativity!!!

By asking for suggestions for shoots (which very few people will give you) you are not pushing your creativity, you are executing the creativity of someone else.

Creativity is nothing more than imagination revealed and everyone has imagination (If you don't believe me just remember all of the lies you have told). Use your brain and you can come up with something, if not, hire a photographer that knows how to use his/her brain.

Aug 06 08 12:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Miss Tara Belle
Posts: 16
Charleston, South Carolina, US


VisualRamblings wrote:
suggestions for shoots (which very few people will give you) you are not pushing your creativity, you are executing the creativity of someone else.

Creativity is nothing more than imagination revealed and everyone has imagination (If you don't believe me just remember all of the lies you have told). Use your brain and you can come up with something, if not, hire a photographer that knows how to use his/her brain.

Wow! Perhaps "pushing my creativity"  wasnt quite what i meant.  Most of my photos could be taken any day of my life.  I want something different!

Aug 06 08 12:44 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lawrence Lau
Posts: 309
Chicago, Illinois, US


Find a MUA, hair stylist, and wardrobe stylist to add to your shoot.
Aug 06 08 12:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Collin J. Rae
Posts: 7,652
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Feet???! = )
Aug 06 08 12:49 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
steverphoto
Posts: 1,751
Wilmington, Delaware, US


Seems like your list would be a good place to start. Take a close look at each shot, figure out what drew you to it, then seek out photographers that demonstrate that ability.

When I get in a rut, it sometimes helps me to start throwing out various 'rules' I've imposed on myself over the years.I'm not sure how a model could apply that, but I've gotten some great shots I didn't think would work that way.
Aug 06 08 09:13 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
The Divine Emily Fine
Posts: 20,454
Mount Airy, Maryland, US


Put a bug on your face. It works for me.
Aug 06 08 09:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Scott A Miller photo
Posts: 5,627
Orlando, Florida, US


Tara

Also work with more photographers. Looking at your online portfolio, it seems those are from 4 different shoots.

Shoot more, shoot often and keep working with different and better photographers and you will get better ideas and photos.
Aug 06 08 09:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ericanuck
Posts: 220
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Try Cypress Gardens near Summerville. That is different
Aug 06 08 09:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Black Russian Studio
Posts: 1,399
New York, New York, US


Miss Tara Belle wrote:
I really want to add some crazy awesome photos to my port. Nudity is a no no, but I am willing to try anything else.

You don't need any nudity. Plus there's nothing crazy in tastefull artistic nudes anyway.
Anything else, huh... Try some fetish/kink in latex suite! It easy could create images that would make founder of Girls Gone Wild run out of the room screaming! big_smile
That's crazy!!!

Aug 06 08 07:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarkPhotographyDesigns
Posts: 2,049
Germantown, Maryland, US


Inspiration is everywhere!!! Scout some great locations and then add a good outfit for it. My avatar was inspired by Sin City! The bride pic in my port was a total fluke, but i love it!

And it's ok to borrow and idea and put your own take on it.
Aug 06 08 07:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Brian Ziff
Posts: 4,105
Los Angeles, California, US


strapped to a pole covered in honey, with two grizzly bears licking you clean.
Aug 06 08 07:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FootNote Fotography
Posts: 18,809
Olympia, Washington, US


Or you can just work with me big_smile
Aug 06 08 07:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Robert Perez
Posts: 1,151
Brooklyn, New York, US


I have a great idea for you, do a shoot wearing a G-string and very high heels holding a gun in one of your hands.
Aug 06 08 07:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Rachel Jay
Posts: 20,333
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, US


Why don't you go through some of the portfolios of the talented people on this site and use their images as inspiration?

I've got a whole file on my computer full of wardrobe, hair/makeup, poses, styles, and images I want to recreate with my own twist.  When you see a pic you like, safe it, and note down what draws you to it... and then think of a way to take that and make it your own.

Edit: Not many people (myself included) are willing to share ideas with people they're not shooting with.
Aug 06 08 08:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Laura Ann Nudes
Posts: 3,844
Peoria, Illinois, US


Rachel Jay wrote:
Why don't you go through some of the portfolios of the talented people on this site and use their images as inspiration?

I've got a whole file on my computer full of wardrobe, hair/makeup, poses, styles, and images I want to recreate with my own twist.  When you see a pic you like, safe it, and note down what draws you to it... and then think of a way to take that and make it your own.

Edit: Not many people (myself included) are willing to share ideas with people they're not shooting with.

It's true...Rachel always has great inspirational pictures.

Aug 06 08 08:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alexander Image
Posts: 1,459
East Brunswick, New Jersey, US


Probably it would be better to develop your own style than do some “crazy awesome” photos…
Aug 06 08 08:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DarkPhotographyDesigns
Posts: 2,049
Germantown, Maryland, US


Brian Ziff wrote:
strapped to a pole covered in honey, with two grizzly bears licking you clean.

I've tried that with steak juice and a tiger..  model was never seen again and I couldn't release the shots sad

Aug 06 08 10:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Kirk McGirt
Posts: 33
Newark, Arkansas, US


To think of some ideas i would start by browsing around photography & art sites. Movies & music bring alot of inspiration as well. Movie Desperado gave me alot of inspiration for my work. Also maybe ask photographers or friends how they might want to see you model.

What is it about your favorite photos that you like the most? Is it the Color? Lighting? Texture? Environment? Fashion? Whatever aspect it is, you should build your idea around that.
Aug 06 08 11:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Enriquez Photo
Posts: 629
Ricardo Palma, Lima Provincias, Peru


DarkPhotographyDesigns wrote:
I've tried that with steak juice and a tiger..  model was never seen again and I couldn't release the shots sad

Well, you wouldn't have that problem if you had the model sign the model release before the shoot wink


But here is a list of themes from another thread  copied/pasted long ago
Gothic red
One with lots of candy and treats
50's style pinup
*A fairytale theme
*A red dress theme
*A famous literary women characters theme (The lady of Shallot, Mariana, Lady Macbeth)
*Something body paint themed
*Something castaway themed, on a beach.
*Something heavy machinery themed
*A shoot in a junkyard/abandoned warehouse
*A balloon theme
*wet white shirt (no bra) and black pencil skirt.
*Angels and Devils theme
*A strawberry theme
*A Latin theme

Aug 07 08 01:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Enriquez Photo
Posts: 629
Ricardo Palma, Lima Provincias, Peru


I like the gold dress you have on in your main picture. You don't really hint as to what direction you want to take the photos, but I could see you do more with the shiney gold dress in the photo... in my mind it's begging for another shoot with different lighting.
Aug 07 08 01:37 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Steven Seehafer
Posts: 30
Davie, Florida, US


Consider putting things out of context.

For example, Evening gown, heels, pushing a broom in a dusty, old building, light coming through a window - you can play in full light, half light/half shadow.

Consider you watching TV at home, seated on a nude male (nothing showing), you're in casual wear (one mood and message), or you're in a dressing gown (different mood and message), legs up on a coffee table or seated against a wall with pillows behind you (you seated on the muscled boy)

Just some thoughts.  Maybe it'll give you a seed to work with.
Aug 07 08 01:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Black Swan
Posts: 1,080
Phoenix, Arizona, US


Discover then explore what pains you.
Explore your depressions and thoughts. 
Explore with passion your passions. 
Explore secrets and taboos.
Find a photographer that wants to explore too...
Very few would I think....


Can make for some good art....
Aug 07 08 01:56 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
VisualRamblings
Posts: 1,951
Denver, Colorado, US


Brian Ziff wrote:
strapped to a pole covered in honey, with two grizzly bears licking you clean.

That sounds great but where are you gonna find a pole covered in honey?

Aug 07 08 10:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
KEKnight
Posts: 1,860
Cumming, Georgia, US


Miss Tara Belle wrote:
I live for photo shoots, but so far mine have all been the norm.  I really want to add some crazy awesome photos to my port.  Does anyone have ideas on what might would work?  Nudity is a no no, but I am willing to try anything else.

Come to Atlanta!!!  wink

Aug 07 08 10:39 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Rachel Jay
Posts: 20,333
Hoffman Estates, Illinois, US


Laura Ann Nudes wrote:
It's true...Rachel always has great inspirational pictures.

Haha thanks smile

Of course executing some of my ideas... can be a little tricky, LOL wink

Aug 07 08 10:40 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers