The FRONT STREET STUDIOS, is just EAST of downtown Dayton and 5 minutes from anywhere IN downtown..
It will be our Centralized meeting location but ALL OF DOWNTOWN is our playground..
From the Art Institute to the Riverscape to the many Historic areas in and around the Oregon District.. ALL are within 5 minutes of where we will be located..
POTENTIAL SHOOTING LOCATIONS..
1. RIVERSCAPE is at the corner of Main and MONUMENT.. it is less than 5 minutes from our meeting location.. it is right on the river and has a few places to shoot that should provide interesting background.. the parking sucks, but there is parking within a block of it, and it is free on sundays..
2. FIFTH THIRD FIELD is on First Street.. It is less than 5 minutes from our meeting location.. the area around the field is both scenic and rustic.. and it is literally a block from Riverscape..
3. The DAYTON ART INSTITUTE is right across the Monument bridge from Downtown Dayton. a 5 minute drive from our gathering location.. the front facade of the building is beautiful and there are large sculptures around the grounds..
4. THE OREGON DISTRICT is on Fifth Street.. it is less than 5 minutes from our meeting location.. it has a mix of historic homes and historic buildings that have been turned into bars and retail spaces while keeping a vintage feel... Again, parking sucks but there should be plenty on a Sunday and each block gives you a different look, so the picture options are only limited by your imagination..
5. DOWNTOWN DAYTON is really small, but there is a ton of stuff in it that is fairly scenic depending on what you are looking to shoot.. we have 4 theaters that normally have playbills in the windows, there is Courthouse Square that has the old courthouse there, and a bunch of corporate buildings that have lots of glass and steel.. most of the historic buildings have been preserved in Downtown so you have various options.. And we are right on the waterfront.. something those of us who live here often take for granted..
6. FRONT STREET WAREHOUSES is where we are meeting.. there are graffiti walls and industrial looking builidngs ALL AROUND that area.. So you dont have to go far to start shooting.. Most of the buildings are occupied by artists and various small businesses.. they are accustomed to seeing people around there shooting and doing various artsy things, so they tend to ignore you .. but again, it is sunday so that wont be an issue..
There are BATHROOMS in each Warehouse on every floor.. Most of the models use the second floor bathroom in building 1000, so PHOTOGS please use one of the other bathrooms either on a different floor or in a different building..
So NOTHING is more than 5 miutes away from anything else in Downtown.. and though there are a lot of one way streets, it is easy to navigate.. everything pretty much leads to everything else..
Downtown Parking is FREE on Sundays. So feel free to venture out, it is really hard to get lost here.. all street lead back to the front street area..
*** BLING*** BLING***** BLING*****BLING*****
These are the Models, MUA, and Photogs who have shown interest... I cant guarantee attendance, I just provide the opportunity to attend..
We are NOT going to have our usual Potluck Cookout
We arent allowed to TAILGATE in the parking lot area, So we have no place to setup a grill..
BUT there are plently of takeout and sit down places within 5 minutes of where we will be. The last time we were there groups of people got together and carpooled to various eating places.. from Greek to Pizza to Chinese to Fast Food..
I will UPDATE the MAIN POST when people sign up or drop out. So you only have one place to check for those kind of updates..
BE PROACTIVE.. dont wait for someone to find you or post shoot requests on the thread.. Check the links to each model and photogs profile and contact those people directly whose look or style interest you..
POST your schedule on your profile.. That way people checking out your pics can see what times you have available.
My goal for these is not to just have a bunch of strangers get together and shoot random pics, but to facilitate some long term creative relationships in a fun and relaxed environment..
So USE THIS TIME before the event to TALK to each other and discuss ideas and finalize shooting plans... PM each other with ideas.. Use this time to get comfy with those you want to shoot with..
We are always looking for new faces, So if you know anyone who would benefit from joining in, feel free to let them know about it..
The only rule is that you have to be able to play well with others.. this is an Ego and Attitude free zone..
For those who have never been to one of my events We ALWAYS have our lunch at 1pm, so we block out that hour for NO Photoshoots so people can relax together and get to know the people around them over a shared meal.
I run these on the HONOR SYSTEM.. There will be a sign in sheet attached to the payment bucket (Ok, old oatmeal can) so you dont have to see anyone to sign in and pay.
IF YOU NEED CHANGE in order to pay, DO NOT take it upon yourself to open the oatmeal can.. Find someone who can make change for you. Again, this keeps everyone honest.
Dont hesitate to PM me if you have questions or suggestions..
Sophie Darling wrote: Crap, I just realized this is a Sunday, count me out I work early on weekdays. I wish it was on a Saturday instead! Sorry.
ALL of these will be on SUNDAYS.. it is our own little congregation of sinners.. LOL
You can come and shoot and not stay all day.. how long you stay is up to you.. we have people that sneak in after morning church service and are home for dinner..
So dont think you have to commit to the whole day.. what time your first shoot is depends on how early you and whichever photog you want to shoot with decides to get there.. and your last one ends the same way..