login info join!
Forums > Model Colloquy > MODELS with PAY sites? Search   Reply
123last
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


How do you guys feel about models with pay sites?  I was just in an interesting conversation and I wanted some opinions...
Mar 31 06 08:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
area291
Posts: 2,525
Calabasas, California, US


Virtual titty bars.  Without the bad perfume.
Mar 31 06 08:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


LOL... Keep 'em coming
Mar 31 06 08:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Angie Borras
Posts: 1,916
Kissimmee, Florida, US


To me not a good idea it just depends on the kind of modeling that you want to do.
Mar 31 06 08:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chili
Posts: 5,146
Brooklyn, New York, US


i cant figure out how in the world they make money?

even if they are nude, i mean you can find so much porn and nudity for free on the internet, (not that i know how though)

who in the world would pay to see any model, with the exception of maybe some top actresses, adult starlets, super models, etc?
Mar 31 06 08:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
HATAIIIA
Posts: 51
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


With your body type you should be successful.
Mar 31 06 08:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Shipstad
Posts: 4,617
Burbank, California, US


Do you mean pay as in sets of pictures or videos for members only? There's a ton of non-nude and nude models out there. And there seems to be an agency that handles some of them together. From what I've seen out there, I think most of them suffer from very mediocre photography and the do the same stuff over and over and over (infinity). For what they charge, they should kick up the standards. Some post a 5-10 minute video with no pro lighting.. just dancing or teasing in front of the camera in their living room and ask $20 for it. And $20 per set of images that aren't retouched at all or artistically shot in any way. Gimme a break.. no thanks!

I think the exception would be the sites like www.newnudemag.com or www.hegre-art.com. Which are model sites with tons of models that's updated constantly and there's quality work in there.
Mar 31 06 08:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Marvin Dockery
Posts: 2,243
Alcoa, Tennessee, US


Chili wrote:
i cant figure out how in the world they make money?

even if they are nude, i mean you can find so much porn and nudity for free on the internet, (not that i know how though)

who in the world would pay to see any model, with the exception of maybe some top actresses, adult starlets, super models, etc?

Models with paid sites often have chat nights, and some personal contact through emails. For some members this is enough, and they will pay monthly fees.

Mar 31 06 08:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nerie
Posts: 162


The models I know of that make the majority of their money from their paysite are fetish models. They make money by creating a cult following for themselves. Repeat customers and dedicated fans is all they need.
Mar 31 06 08:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ransomaniac
Posts: 12,588
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


I postulated on this in my WHY ARE YOU MODELING? blog on my myspace page

IMO paysites are great avenues for certain types of models.  I mean if you aren't 5'10 and stick thin and signed to an agency, if you aren't getting an influx of commercial work to live upon, then I see nothing wrong with you using a paysite to capatilize on your image.  It's smart business IMO.  Brooke Burke has a paysite.  M. Ford has a pay site.  Bobbi Billard has a pay site.  Francine Dee, Masiumi Max, and countless others make GREAT money from pay sites.  And these are all working models that get respect and love in their respective fields of modeling.

I doubt you'll ever see Tyra with a pay site, but shit Tyra won't ever be doing TFP either.  A paysite is a way that a model can actually exert some financial control over her image.  She can do nude, non-nude, topless, fetish, whatever is her comfort level and with proper marketing and promotion make a monthly income that is more than the average commercial model makes waiting around for the right gig to come along.
Mar 31 06 09:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


I was actually not considering it but it was just up for discussion.  I do realize alot of reputable models have pay sites and I think its smarter to form opinions case by case because there are a few (Brooke Burke, Melyssa Ford for examples) that are sexy, yet high quality, classy, and non-nude and I think add to all of the other things that they are doing.  Other than that, most are virtual titty bars, I would agree.
Mar 31 06 09:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ransomaniac
Posts: 12,588
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Since when did titty bars get such a bad rap?  Truth be told, ALL glamour modeling caters to the titty bar crowd.   You won't find a bunch of artists signing up to Brooke Burke's website to marvel at the lighting and composition of the images.
Mar 31 06 09:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
HungryEye
Posts: 2,276
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada


The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and thriving on the internet.
  If somebody makes money, and no one gets hurt, what's the harm?
  I have shot content for a number of models. I get paid, they get paid and the wheels of commerce grind on.
  The trick is remembering that NOT everybody will make money. I have seen both  models and photographers touting pay sites, whose work I would not look at for free.
  To each their own.
Mar 31 06 09:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Hey I didn't say there was anything WRONG with titty bars...
but do live in Atlanta (land of the Strip Club) and there is a BIG difference between Magic City and Cheetah... just as an example... anyone that lives here/or have visited any of these places understands
Mar 31 06 09:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ransomaniac
Posts: 12,588
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


I lived in GA for 7 years.  Went to school at ASU and worked at the Galleria Mall as a bartendar in a restaraunt.  Shoot I spent my first time in a strip club in Magic City.

I'm not saying you said there was anything wrong, but there is a general tone of disdain for the titty bar or anything sexual around these parts.  Also If you work at Cheetah or Magic City or The Foxy Lady, your occupation is stripper/ dancer.  6 on one side a half dozen on another.  Only difference is clientel and earnings.

But just so you know If my posts sounds like I'm attacking you that's not the case, I'm just being matter of fact, and I know that can come across brash in text.  I'm just too lazy to soften the tone a bit lol.
Mar 31 06 09:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


I was actually agreeing with you.  I do think that MOST pay sites are virtual titty bars, I do think that titty bars are OK.  I also know that living in Atlanta, Nashville, Detroit, and Pittsburgh in the past 6 years has taught me that each bar is different, as the rules are different in each city... but back to the point, just collecting different views from different individuals.  Interesting that I would get your response, I see you shoot Amber Fox so you are definetly informed on this topic.
Apr 01 06 01:43 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Ransom J wrote:
Only difference is clientel and earnings.

...and packaging which I think makes a big difference in the club and paysites
Apr 01 06 01:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ransomaniac
Posts: 12,588
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Cristal Steverson wrote:
I was actually agreeing with you.  I do think that MOST pay sites are virtual titty bars, I do think that titty bars are OK.  I also know that living in Atlanta, Nashville, Detroit, and Pittsburgh in the past 6 years has taught me that each bar is different, as the rules are different in each city... but back to the point, just collecting different views from different individuals.  Interesting that I would get your response, I see you shoot Amber Fox so you are definetly informed on this topic.

Well i try not to respond to thread that i can't speak intelligently on. You're familiar with Amber through Eyecandy?  I know you've worked with them before and they used to run her site.

And yes packaging makes a difference in how well the product does and what clientele you atract but it's like the difference between a Rolls Royce and a Hyundia.  They're both cars.  Same same.  Both get you from A to B but one does it in STYLE lol.  But for all intents and purposes they are the exact same animal.

Shame there isn't much more activity in this topic from the models.

Apr 01 06 02:06 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Ive shot with EC once.  I have never met AFox but my brother is a fan.
Apr 01 06 02:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ransomaniac
Posts: 12,588
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Cristal Steverson wrote:
Ive shot with EC once.  I have never met AFox but my brother is a fan.

Oh ok.  I wasn't implying you've worked with them a lot.  Just that ya'll had shot together since there was a connection between all three.

I like your brother's work.  Your's too.  but i digress.  On with your thread.

Apr 01 06 02:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,473
Salinas, California, US


Cristal, there are several thread on this already.   It is a heated topic when it gets rolling! 

Search Model Mayhem and here are two right near the top I recomend Post one
and Post two  check them out for some interesting reading!
Apr 01 06 02:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Shipstad
Posts: 4,617
Burbank, California, US


I have some questions about some of these model sites..

1) a lot of them don't look 18. If they're not, isn't there some sort of legal issue there? It seems they're really playing up their young looks to play to "that" audience.

2) where the hell are all these girl's parents? photo shoots, web cam videos in their bedrooms. Rooms that look like they still live at home. Daddy may have kept her off "the pole" but he certainly didn't keep her off the net!

doh!
Apr 01 06 11:14 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Cristal Steverson
Posts: 1,423
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Thats a whole 'notha can of worms
Apr 01 06 11:20 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Angie Borras
Posts: 1,916
Kissimmee, Florida, US


Patrick Shipstad wrote:
I have some questions about some of these model sites..

1) a lot of them don't look 18. If they're not, isn't there some sort of legal issue there? It seems they're really playing up their young looks to play to "that" audience.

2) where the hell are all these girl's parents? photo shoots, web cam videos in their bedrooms. Rooms that look like they still live at home. Daddy may have kept her off "the pole" but he certainly didn't keep her off the net!

doh!

What about the PreTeen paysite ones  how the hell this people get away with that Ive seen little 8 yr old girls and boys playing with each other naked!All I'm saying sick parents...And then they  dont called  it child molestation but art  of the childs body.So they are legal. I'm Like WTF

Sorry I hijacked This thread but here is a the thread I made for this type of paysite if u r interested in discussing

http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=39094

Apr 01 06 11:28 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Shipstad
Posts: 4,617
Burbank, California, US


Intensity wrote:
What about the PreTeen paysite ones  how the hell this people get away with that Ive seen little 8 yr old girls and boys playing with each other naked!All I'm saying sick parents...And then they  dont called  it child molestation but art  of the childs body.So they are legal. I'm Like WTF

Yikes.. haven't seen that stuff. But at that age, there is NO grey area there. That's just wrong and illegal. If anyone is going to a pre-teen pay site.. you're setting yourself up for a sting operation. Don't be suprised when the feds come knockin' at your door..sickos!

There might be some parts of Europe that make a certain age okay for nude photography. But how can it be legal to shoot a 16 year old in Europe, but then viewing it in the states it's illegal?

I also don't understand how photographer's like David Hamilton has gotten away with his style of work. Richard Murian is a very good photographer and he's the same style as Hamilton. Both very celebrated photographers shooting misty dream shots of young girls alone and together? Can they get away with it because it's under some sort of "Fine Art" umbrella?

I know I've kind of gotten off subject here, sorry!

Apr 01 06 11:55 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Frisson
Posts: 371


Models with pay-sites are in my opinion, potential customers of mine.

I like them A LOT.

Terry
Apr 01 06 07:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Angie Borras
Posts: 1,916
Kissimmee, Florida, US


Patrick Shipstad wrote:

Yikes.. haven't seen that stuff. But at that age, there is NO grey area there. That's just wrong and illegal. If anyone is going to a pre-teen pay site.. you're setting yourself up for a sting operation. Don't be suprised when the feds come knockin' at your door..sickos!

There might be some parts of Europe that make a certain age okay for nude photography. But how can it be legal to shoot a 16 year old in Europe, but then viewing it in the states it's illegal?

I also don't understand how photographer's like David Hamilton has gotten away with his style of work. Richard Murian is a very good photographer and he's the same style as Hamilton. Both very celebrated photographers shooting misty dream shots of young girls alone and together? Can they get away with it because it's under some sort of "Fine Art" umbrella?

I know I've kind of gotten off subject here, sorry!

You havent seen those they are call lolitas or some shit like that they are from 5 to ten yrs old  the most is just sick and perverted and then it says  that they are under the law.

Apr 01 06 07:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
HATAIIIA
Posts: 51
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


there are very few girls who have the body to pull off a paysite - i admire the ones who have enough entrepreneurial spirit and self-confidence to put one together.  There are many extremely successful fine art erotic websites that do not degrade women and only pay homage to female beauty.  And since a well shaped and beautiful woman is a rarity and a gift - God Speed to the ones who do it. (coming from a woman)
Apr 01 06 07:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Ascending Phoenix
Posts: 417
Lexington, Kentucky, US


Patrick Shipstad wrote:

Yikes.. haven't seen that stuff. But at that age, there is NO grey area there. That's just wrong and illegal. If anyone is going to a pre-teen pay site.. you're setting yourself up for a sting operation. Don't be suprised when the feds come knockin' at your door..sickos!

There might be some parts of Europe that make a certain age okay for nude photography. But how can it be legal to shoot a 16 year old in Europe, but then viewing it in the states it's illegal?

I also don't understand how photographer's like David Hamilton has gotten away with his style of work. Richard Murian is a very good photographer and he's the same style as Hamilton. Both very celebrated photographers shooting misty dream shots of young girls alone and together? Can they get away with it because it's under some sort of "Fine Art" umbrella?

I know I've kind of gotten off subject here, sorry!

I have seen sites..that fit into the GENRE you describe..or the APPEARNCE of..but you look at the electrical outlets that appear..and they are not USA 110 they are European 220

Seems what MORAL or LEGIT in one country isnt in another.But as said earlier..that's WAY OFF this topic.The original question sounded more like curiousity..DO MODELS MAKE MONEY OFF PAID SITES in the USA..

and has been stated..seems individual results and mileage vary...

But think we all know CONTENT pays as much..if not more than Runway

Apr 01 06 08:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
VisionsofZen
Posts: 349
Berkeley, California, US


I would agree that it all depends on what the model is looking for.  If she can be successful with a pay site then more power to her. I think that models like Masuimi or Julie Strain are good examples of what you can do with a pay site.  It isn't for everyone... but I think that they can be cool when done right.
Apr 01 06 08:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bell
Posts: 925
Anaheim, California, US


Paysites are great, I am involved with 3 of them currently. The more amatuer, girl next door styled sites with young and fresh looking girls make ALOT more than the fashion and glamour sites. I am doing a little of both with mine to draw both the amatuer and the glamour fans. They can be excellent money makers for the right models with the right webmasters and affiliate programs.
Apr 02 06 04:47 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DJTalStudios
Posts: 602
Seattle, Washington, US


Cristal Steverson wrote:
How do you guys feel about models with pay sites?  I was just in an interesting conversation and I wanted some opinions...

I think they're smart to diversify where they get their money. Not EVERY model is going to be the "TOP" model and are going to really make it. So they might as well capitalize on thier own abilities.

Intensity wrote:
To me not a good idea it just depends on the kind of modeling that you want to do.

What does it matter what type of modeling he/she wants to do? Fact is not all pay sites are about nude and fucking everyone. People need to pull their heads out and realize that there are more than one way to skin a cat. Though I don't know why anyone would want to skin a cat but OK.

Chili wrote:
i cant figure out how in the world they make money?

even if they are nude, i mean you can find so much porn and nudity for free on the internet, (not that i know how though)

who in the world would pay to see any model, with the exception of maybe some top actresses, adult starlets, super models, etc?

I'll ask the over 15,000 members to my sites next time I get a chance and let you know. I certainly hope that you aren't giving this advice to models thinking about it.

Intensity wrote:
What about the PreTeen paysite ones  how the hell this people get away with that Ive seen little 8 yr old girls and boys playing with each other naked!All I'm saying sick parents...And then they  dont called  it child molestation but art  of the childs body.So they are legal. I'm Like WTF

Sorry I hijacked This thread but here is a the thread I made for this type of paysite if u r interested in discussing

http://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=39094

What does this have to really do with the topic at hand. Everyone KNOWS that these sites you speak of are illegal. And has nothing to do with sites featuring girls of the age of the majority.

Frisson wrote:
Models with pay-sites are in my opinion, potential customers of mine.

I like them A LOT.

Terry

So far one of the most intelligent posts to this topic so far.

statecollegephotographe wrote:
there are very few girls who have the body to pull off a paysite - i admire the ones who have enough entrepreneurial spirit and self-confidence to put one together.

And you know this how? What kind of body does it take to pull off a paysite let alone a successful one? Just like modeling there is a place for EVERYONE. And it's all about MARKETING.

Apr 02 06 05:16 am  Link  Quote 
Model
aye provide
Posts: 1,328
New York, New York, US


statecollegephotographe wrote:
there are very few girls who have the body to pull off a paysite - i admire the ones who have enough entrepreneurial spirit and self-confidence to put one together.  There are many extremely successful fine art erotic websites that do not degrade women and only pay homage to female beauty.  And since a well shaped and beautiful woman is a rarity and a gift - God Speed to the ones who do it. (coming from a woman)

Well Ma'am I don't have a perfect body but the folks that dig me like my style my humor and my angst so as a pervious posted stated there is a market for eveyone and anything.

For the OP: Why my site exists?  Why not for me it is a way to share with certain people what I think and what I do. Besides when I dropped into the fetish relam I was asked.

Apr 02 06 05:31 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Adeforall
Posts: 254
Houston, Alaska, US


Ding! I came to the wrong forum again
Apr 02 06 05:57 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Acid-Candy
Posts: 94
Osage Beach, Missouri, US


to me models with paysites arent a bad thing. I mean more power to the women that want to do it. Personally not my thing. there are photographers that have paysites out there as well, so its not just a model's thing anymore.
Apr 02 06 12:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jay Kilgore
Posts: 789
Denver, Colorado, US


I think models with pay sites are a great thing. I think it's very realistic. Many girls want to be models, they want to walk run ways of Milan, NYC Tokyo and other places and standing 5'8 is just not going to happen. So what do they do? they get model sites and make MORE per year then what they did/do as a struggling wannabe high fashion model.

Although I'm working with one solo model site now, I refuse to do any more as the biggest problem is most girls can't see this is a business and needs to be addressed as one. They think this is something that they can do in their spare time and thats where the problem is. Also, a solo model site has to have that extra kick now. It has to have a hook.

I STRONGLY disagree with the amateur vs pro sells more arguement and I have the photos and proof of so. I worked with several girls who made pretty damn good money with pro quality photos, diddy being one of them. It's about knowing your market and staying ahead of the game. Originality never hurt anyone and that's whats lacking in the non nude world right now.
Apr 02 06 06:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Adonis G
Posts: 59
Miami, Arizona, US


For those who do not have or are not involved with those type of sites, they are like cancer, and they are horrible. For those of us who ARE involved, they are a good thing.

So it all depends on how you see things.

I know quite a few girls who are making over $4k a month, who would have no chance to making that kind of money any other way. And actually some girls would never cut it as models because their bodies won't allow it, but yet, can make a great living 'modeling' for their sites. And as long as they are comfortable and happy doing it and NOT being forced. Where is the problem?

Now for all you fuckers and idiots, who bunch up preteen and kiddie shit with the LEGAL sites, please educate yourselves. Any site done with a girl who happens to be under 18 yrs old should be taken down. The people who run those type of things, are just fuckheads.

About the comment on making a girl "look" under 18 .. can u explain what does an "18" yr old look like? I have seen girls on the street and here on MM who are 16 yrs old and "look" 22 and twentysomethings 'looking' 15. There is no such a thing as looking younger than 18.

Just make sure the girl IS 18 yrs old !! Do not mess with girls under that!
Apr 02 06 06:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DJTalStudios
Posts: 602
Seattle, Washington, US


Acid-Candy wrote:
to me models with paysites arent a bad thing. I mean more power to the women that want to do it. Personally not my thing. there are photographers that have paysites out there as well, so its not just a model's thing anymore.

Only the SMART ones have sites. And it started as a photographer "thing" for the most part.

mag-jr wrote:
I think models with pay sites are a great thing. I think it's very realistic. Many girls want to be models, they want to walk run ways of Milan, NYC Tokyo and other places and standing 5'8 is just not going to happen. So what do they do? they get model sites and make MORE per year then what they did/do as a struggling wannabe high fashion model.

No matter how you say it 90% of these people just wont get it. Trust me I've tried.

mag-jr wrote:
Although I'm working with one solo model site now, I refuse to do any more as the biggest problem is most girls can't see this is a business and needs to be addressed as one. They think this is something that they can do in their spare time and thats where the problem is. Also, a solo model site has to have that extra kick now. It has to have a hook.

AMEN... and most photographers can't see it as such either. They can't see passed their own outdated ideas and concepts.

mag-jr wrote:
I STRONGLY disagree with the amateur vs pro sells more arguement and I have the photos and proof of so. I worked with several girls who made pretty damn good money with pro quality photos, diddy being one of them. It's about knowing your market and staying ahead of the game. Originality never hurt anyone and that's whats lacking in the non nude world right now.

And I have known plenty of people who make a great living with no photo technique or ability at all. But then it is as you said all about knowing your market.

Sobe Girls wrote:
For those who do not have or are not involved with those type of sites, they are like cancer, and they are horrible. For those of us who ARE involved, they are a good thing.

So it all depends on how you see things.

I know quite a few girls who are making over $4k a month, who would have no chance to making that kind of money any other way. And actually some girls would never cut it as models because their bodies won't allow it, but yet, can make a great living 'modeling' for their sites. And as long as they are comfortable and happy doing it and NOT being forced. Where is the problem?

Now for all you fuckers and idiots, who bunch up preteen and kiddie shit with the LEGAL sites, please educate yourselves. Any site done with a girl who happens to be under 18 yrs old should be taken down. The people who run those type of things, are just fuckheads.

About the comment on making a girl "look" under 18 .. can u explain what does an "18" yr old look like? I have seen girls on the street and here on MM who are 16 yrs old and "look" 22 and twentysomethings 'looking' 15. There is no such a thing as looking younger than 18.

Just make sure the girl IS 18 yrs old !! Do not mess with girls under that!

A fuckin Men!

Apr 02 06 06:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jay Kilgore
Posts: 789
Denver, Colorado, US


DJTalStudios wrote:
And I have known plenty of people who make a great living with no photo technique or ability at all. But then it is as you said all about knowing your market.

Haha that's sooo true. Jon is one of those guys. His photos SUCK, yet he struck it big when he got Robin aka Tiffany. if you know your market, you know exactly what can be given to which and what will sell and what won't. Back in the old days, a webmaster had to know these things, now days everyone is buying a dslr and finding a half way cute girl and wondering why the site isn't making money. You need to know how to work the game.

As far as making a girl look -18, I'll never understand it, but it sells. I know pretty much ever major non nude webmaster and program and its pretty much what they all shoot for. CCBill is shutting down a lot of the -18 LOOKING things such as photosets in hellokitty, on playgrounds and pigtails with spongebob panties and tshirts. Theres something else they've just now started putting the smack down on, I can't remember. But basically, the way to make your model look-18 is for her to look it to start with (i.e. diddy) and go from there.

Now I love diddy as she has spent tons of time hanging out and eating with my family. In fact, shes one of two models that has actually met my wife and kids as I'm very protective and keep the two seperate, my wife even babysat her kids while we used to shoot. that being said, in the real fashion/modeling world, diddy wouldn't have a chance in hell at making it, standing at an impressive 5'0, but on the web, I can assure you she makes 1k per week. So if you have a webmaster that knows what s/he is doing, you can make money alright. Its the morons who just throw shit together that turns girls off.

Apr 02 06 07:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DJTalStudios
Posts: 602
Seattle, Washington, US


mag-jr wrote:
Haha that's sooo true. Jon is one of those guys. His photos SUCK, yet he struck it big when he got Robin aka Tiffany. if you know your market, you know exactly what can be given to which and what will sell and what won't. Back in the old days, a webmaster had to know these things, now days everyone is buying a dslr and finding a half way cute girl and wondering why the site isn't making money. You need to know how to work the game.

The OLD days??? How far back was that? When I started in 96 all she had to do was show some tits, and post to newsgroups... LOL Wasn't much to know passed that. LOL

mag-jr wrote:
As far as making a girl look -18, I'll never understand it, but it sells. I know pretty much ever major non nude webmaster and program and its pretty much what they all shoot for. CCBill is shutting down a lot of the -18 LOOKING things such as photosets in hellokitty, on playgrounds and pigtails with spongebob panties and tshirts. Theres something else they've just now started putting the smack down on, I can't remember. But basically, the way to make your model look-18 is for her to look it to start with (i.e. diddy) and go from there.

I think the crackdown is stupid. If the model is 18 leave em the hell alone! But this is why I rarely deal with 3rd party billing companies.

mag-jr wrote:
in the real fashion/modeling world, diddy wouldn't have a chance in hell at making it, standing at an impressive 5'0, but on the web, I can assure you she makes 1k per week. So if you have a webmaster that knows what s/he is doing, you can make money alright. Its the morons who just throw shit together that turns girls off.

Well you and her were smart enough to realize what her chances in "real" modeling were and capitalize on other options. $1K a week isn't a bad living. Which Im guessing means the site pulls around 2k a week. Not a bad living at all. Now imagine having 10 sites doing the same thing. =o) My first foray into NN was with Brandy. That girl just blew up! And she was told numerous times that she wouldn't fit in the NN community.

She and I were laughing the other day on the phone about how so many of these NN girls are doing now what she was doing 2 years ago and got talked smack on for. But she made her money and got out. Imagine if she comes back? She's still getting tons of emails from fans, and her videos still sell. Go figure.

Apr 02 06 07:39 pm  Link  Quote 
123last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers