login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Concealer creasing all the time Search   Reply
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Hello beautifull people!

Unfortunatly searching through the forums didn't help me find the exact answer that I needed.

So here it goes:

(1)I'm looking for a new concealer and want to buy one of the pallets by MUFE. But the thing I''m afraid of is that it will crease a lot in the lines under the eyes as the cream-concealer I have now does. So if anyone can tell me if it creases a lot I would be very happy:)

(2)I work a lot for photoshoots and because of the warm lights I'd be touching up all the time without using a powder under the eyes over the concealer because it creases. But I can't seem to find a good powder over here that doesn't look cakey, dry the skin out like crazy and has no color.

So I was thinking about buying the RMCA powder from Mary's store but wich color or no color works best? I have never used this powder before but read some good reviews about it here on mm so I want to try it smile

(3) I don't have a problem touching up all the time but some photographers I work with do. Mostly because of the time limits and such. So I usually powder after concealer/foundation to stop creasing and such but hate that it takes away the deweyness that the foundation gives the skin. So I'm also looking for a powder that let's the foundation stay the way it is and only sets the make-up. Is the RMCA powder capable of doing that or does anyone else have a good suggestion?

Since I have little choise in good brands over here I buy a lot online from the usa. So if anyone knows a good online store besides mary's to buy make-up let me know big_smile

So, a long story but I hope someone has some advice pour moi;)

Thanks for taking the time to read and/or respond wink

Kaya
Mar 06 09 07:16 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Can somebody help? Please... big_smile I'm about to order at Mary's store so big_smile
Mar 06 09 11:12 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Aeni
Posts: 1,968
Phoenix, Arizona, US


MUFE's total cover is awesome.  I crease with creme concealers all the time and this works best for me.
Mar 06 09 11:16 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Teresa Wylie
Posts: 3,706
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom


I dont know about the MUFE concealers sorry.
But i recently got Keromask from a UK site which might be better for your location.
Love this stuff! it doesnt crease at all and a little goes a long way.

They deliver really fast and the price is great too.
Good colour choice aswell, i had to get the ultra light and light for the people i work on mostly aswell as for myself, lol
Very pale girl here big_smile

Here is the link.
http://www.skinlight.co.uk/product_351_ … 3god4whYaQ

Oh and for no colour powder you could try this place:

http://www.discountcosmeticsuk.com/c210 … er/Powder/
Hope that has been some help.
Mar 06 09 11:22 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Elizabeth Gerbino
Posts: 1,786
SHERMAN OAKS, California, US


Vincent Longo's Concealer, for me, was a godsend. I used to have these problems too. It's kind of a dry yet workable consistency, but it covers well and doesn't crease. It doesn't need to be powdered either. I love it.

Also, are you using eye cream on your models? When I started using eye cream I suddenly discovered how much it aided my concealer application.

Plus, for me I found that it's better every so often to step in and smooth out the concealer with a brush rather than powdering it and having to deal with a creasey powdery mess smile
Mar 06 09 11:29 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Aeni wrote:
MUFE's total cover is awesome.  I crease with creme concealers all the time and this works best for me.

Do you mean the full cover concealer? Cos that's the only concealer that I can find with cover in the name wink Thanks for the respons!

Mar 06 09 11:35 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Teresa Wylie wrote:
I dont know about the MUFE concealers sorry.
But i recently got Keromask from a UK site which might be better for your location.
Love this stuff! it doesnt crease at all and a little goes a long way.

They deliver really fast and the price is great too.
Good colour choice aswell, i had to get the ultra light and light for the people i work on mostly aswell as for myself, lol
Very pale girl here big_smile

Here is the link.
http://www.skinlight.co.uk/product_351_ … 3god4whYaQ

Oh and for no colour powder you could try this place:

http://www.discountcosmeticsuk.com/c210 … er/Powder/
Hope that has been some help.

Oh, good! Thanks big_smile I'll go see if they ship to holland... Unfortunatly the pounds are more worth than the euro's... tongue So that's why I usualy go for the u.s. dollars tongue

Thanks for the good tips big_smile The keromask thing looks really handy big_smile

Mar 06 09 11:36 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Teresa Wylie
Posts: 3,706
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom


Kaya Quintana Get Shot wrote:
Oh, good! Thanks big_smile I'll go see if they ship to holland... Unfortunatly the pounds are more worth than the euro's... tongue So that's why I usualy go for the u.s. dollars tongue

Thanks for the good tips big_smile The keromask thing looks really handy big_smile

Oh and there is also the keromask finishing powder there.

I am trying to find UK sites now too because 9 times out of 10 it is cheaper in the long run due to duty charges, plus i get it a lot faster.
Some things i still cant find, but am working on it lol
Anyway hope you score there.

Mar 06 09 11:44 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Elizabeth Gerbino wrote:
Vincent Longo's Concealer, for me, was a godsend. I used to have these problems too. It's kind of a dry yet workable consistency, but it covers well and doesn't crease. It doesn't need to be powdered either. I love it.

Also, are you using eye cream on your models? When I started using eye cream I suddenly discovered how much it aided my concealer application.

Plus, for me I found that it's better every so often to step in and smooth out the concealer with a brush rather than powdering it and having to deal with a creasey powdery mess smile

Thanks for the reaction:D I'm gonna try and find Longo in an online shop:) I guess it won't hurt to try big_smile Thanks for the tip!

I don't use an eyecream on the models just a creme allover the face. It's a hypo allergenic creme so that there is almost no chance on an allergic reaction. The eye area is so sensitive with most people that I want to just throw stuff on there. I have thought about getting Clinique's all about eyes cream for my kid cos it isn't greasy at all:) So maybe it will help me out with the creasing too.

After using a cream concealer I blend it out with a sponge and/or brush and than softly powder it. And after powdering it doesn't crease but than I have the problem that the area under the eyes are matte and the rest of the face looks so cute and dewey... Ending up powdering the whole face and in some cases loose the look I was going for...sad So that's why I want to get rid of the whole powder thing and get a good concealer that doesn't crease smile

Mar 06 09 11:46 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Yeikov Makeup Artist
Posts: 486
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US


I used to had that problem too and I discover my new fav concealers and foundations products, The MUFE HD the best product EVER!!!!!!  LOL
the invisible powder goes with every skin and its so sheer that you can hardly see it its Awesome. i learn to apply it for that area better with the beauty blender which is my new best friend and problem solve
you should try


hope this helps big_smile
Mar 06 09 01:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Vanessa Dawn- Jhaesayte
Posts: 2,567
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


I like Kryolan! They go on a bit thick, but they end up drying on the skin after you are done, so they are very crease-resistant. Made for actors on a stage that go under hot lights.
Mar 06 09 03:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
HFox Makeup
Posts: 442
Washington, District of Columbia, US


you can order keromask from mary's store.
Mar 06 09 05:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
HaliSF
Posts: 292
San Mateo, California, US


I do makeup...and have tried over 15 concealers... Cheap to expensive ones!   Get the keromask from Marys store!  www.camerareadycosmetics.com Best concealer ever! Great coverage too!
Mar 06 09 06:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jordan Liberty
Posts: 4,828
New York, New York, US


Elizabeth Gerbino wrote:
Vincent Longo's Concealer, for me, was a godsend. I used to have these problems too. It's kind of a dry yet workable consistency, but it covers well and doesn't crease. It doesn't need to be powdered either. I love it.

Also, are you using eye cream on your models? When I started using eye cream I suddenly discovered how much it aided my concealer application.

Plus, for me I found that it's better every so often to step in and smooth out the concealer with a brush rather than powdering it and having to deal with a creasey powdery mess smile

I love V.Longo, but didn't he go out of business? I know he isn't available in the states anymore (from what I know).

Mar 06 09 10:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


yeikov make up artist wrote:
I used to had that problem too and I discover my new fav concealers and foundations products, The MUFE HD the best product EVER!!!!!!  LOL
the invisible powder goes with every skin and its so sheer that you can hardly see it its Awesome. i learn to apply it for that area better with the beauty blender which is my new best friend and problem solve
you should try


hope this helps big_smile

Yeah, I'm stocking up on MUFE now tongue Started with the aqua pencil's and getting the rest too smile Thanks for the tip!

Mar 07 09 12:35 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


HaliSF wrote:
I do makeup...and have tried over 15 concealers... Cheap to expensive ones!   Get the keromask from Marys store!  www.camerareadycosmetics.com Best concealer ever! Great coverage too!

I realy gonn atry the keromask thing since everybody has such good experiences with it big_smile Along with some MUFE products it will work out just fine I guess smile

Mar 07 09 12:36 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Before it get's all about the concealers: Is the RMCA powder worth a try or should I buy the MUFE stuff instead? Considiring the fact that I'm going for the keromask concealer wich one would work best with it?
Mar 07 09 12:38 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
HFox Makeup
Posts: 442
Washington, District of Columbia, US


MUFE HD powder
Mar 07 09 09:29 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Mona Cius
Posts: 54
Miami, Florida, US


Kaya Quintana Get Shot wrote:
Before it get's all about the concealers: Is the RMCA powder worth a try or should I buy the MUFE stuff instead? Considiring the fact that I'm going for the keromask concealer wich one would work best with it?

U wont be disappointment with the keromask. Ur stop for a great concealer has come 2 an end.  I like to apply MAC Fast Response as a primer to bump up the fine lines around the eye area, then keromask, and top it off with a lil MUFE HD powder. RCMA was my first reach to set foundation until I was introduced to MUFE HD.

Mar 07 09 01:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Okay smile

Thanks for all the advice and reply's! It helped me out a lot! wink

H
Mar 08 09 05:11 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Okay smile

Thanks for all the advice and reply's! It helped me out a lot! wink

H
Mar 08 09 05:11 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Oeps... Double post... tongue
Mar 08 09 05:11 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
ArtistryImage
Posts: 2,706
Washington, District of Columbia, US


I've become totally addicted to Eve Pearl's concealer Trio "A"
tried many others but Eve's magic wheel is my fav...

the trick is to apply it ever so sparingly to the surface needing concealed...
i use a fine chiseled Taklon brush... takes a steady hand...
that said, it's all about application technique... not really so much the product...
Mar 08 09 05:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
HaliSF
Posts: 292
San Mateo, California, US


Kaya Quintana Get Shot wrote:
Before it get's all about the concealers: Is the RMCA powder worth a try or should I buy the MUFE stuff instead? Considiring the fact that I'm going for the keromask concealer wich one would work best with it?

I have RCMA powder, and never had a problem with it. I want to try MUFE HD powder..  The RCMA Is still full, and I have a ton of other brand new powders that I tried before I settled on the RCMA powder!  ugh! I want to try  MUFE HD powder so bad!

Mar 08 09 06:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Monique Heijboer
Posts: 785
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Kaya Quintana Get Shot wrote:
Hello beautifull people!

Unfortunatly searching through the forums didn't help me find the exact answer that I needed.

So here it goes:

(1)I'm looking for a new concealer and want to buy one of the pallets by MUFE. But the thing I''m afraid of is that it will crease a lot in the lines under the eyes as the cream-concealer I have now does. So if anyone can tell me if it creases a lot I would be very happy:)

(2)I work a lot for photoshoots and because of the warm lights I'd be touching up all the time without using a powder under the eyes over the concealer because it creases. But I can't seem to find a good powder over here that doesn't look cakey, dry the skin out like crazy and has no color.

So I was thinking about buying the RMCA powder from Mary's store but wich color or no color works best? I have never used this powder before but read some good reviews about it here on mm so I want to try it smile

(3) I don't have a problem touching up all the time but some photographers I work with do. Mostly because of the time limits and such. So I usually powder after concealer/foundation to stop creasing and such but hate that it takes away the deweyness that the foundation gives the skin. So I'm also looking for a powder that let's the foundation stay the way it is and only sets the make-up. Is the RMCA powder capable of doing that or does anyone else have a good suggestion?

Since I have little choise in good brands over here I buy a lot online from the usa. So if anyone knows a good online store besides mary's to buy make-up let me know big_smile

So, a long story but I hope someone has some advice pour moi;)

Thanks for taking the time to read and/or respond wink

Kaya

Hey girl,
Did you forget about me? wink
You have gotten some good suggestions already, and I'm only adding a few:

Yaby concealers (refillable and creaseproof)
Face Atelier concealer (very nice consistency)
Yaby loose powder (no-color, non-cakeing, and non-drying)

HTH!

Mar 09 09 04:07 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Carpathian Creations
Posts: 91
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary


Kaya Quintana Get Shot wrote:
Hello beautifull people!

Unfortunatly searching through the forums didn't help me find the exact answer that I needed.

So here it goes:

(1)I'm looking for a new concealer and want to buy one of the pallets by MUFE. But the thing I''m afraid of is that it will crease a lot in the lines under the eyes as the cream-concealer I have now does. So if anyone can tell me if it creases a lot I would be very happy:)

(2)I work a lot for photoshoots and because of the warm lights I'd be touching up all the time without using a powder under the eyes over the concealer because it creases. But I can't seem to find a good powder over here that doesn't look cakey, dry the skin out like crazy and has no color.

So I was thinking about buying the RMCA powder from Mary's store but wich color or no color works best? I have never used this powder before but read some good reviews about it here on mm so I want to try it smile

(3) I don't have a problem touching up all the time but some photographers I work with do. Mostly because of the time limits and such. So I usually powder after concealer/foundation to stop creasing and such but hate that it takes away the deweyness that the foundation gives the skin. So I'm also looking for a powder that let's the foundation stay the way it is and only sets the make-up. Is the RMCA powder capable of doing that or does anyone else have a good suggestion?

Since I have little choise in good brands over here I buy a lot online from the usa. So if anyone knows a good online store besides mary's to buy make-up let me know big_smile

So, a long story but I hope someone has some advice pour moi;)

Thanks for taking the time to read and/or respond wink

Kaya

If your make-up is creasing than this is a wrinkle problem that can be solved with a bit of 'Preparation H' to shrink that crease down so it doesn't crease so much. Don't fill your voids with make-up, make their skin tighter with toner and toning before you put the make-up on! Globbing concealer will not solve the problem and powder just adds more hoakyness to the make-up. remember make-up is supposed to not look like make-up if it is natural unless you have "fashion make-up" and then every rule is broken!

Mar 09 09 05:00 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Beauty4U
Posts: 1,862
New York, New York, US


I use the MUFE concealers which are like amazing to me.  It's what I've always used and I've never had a problem with them creasing.  I recently got the Face Atelier ones and they're a bit more creamier and if you put on too much it will crease but they are still just as awesome.  I love them both smile
Mar 09 09 06:40 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Zena Saab
Posts: 259
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada


Smashbox halo hydrating powder...you can get little coverage to a lot of coverage, depends on the brush you use. this powder hydrates!
try some thermal water (vichy, avene, la roch posay) for dryness on skin. can be used prior to MU or for hydrating touch ups.
Dermaglow makes a good primer for fine lines and wrinkles. Boots No7 has an intensive line filler as well.
Mar 09 09 02:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jordan Liberty
Posts: 4,828
New York, New York, US


Beauty by Zena wrote:
Smashbox halo hydrating powder...you can get little coverage to a lot of coverage, depends on the brush you use. this powder hydrates!
try some thermal water (vichy, avene, la roch posay) for dryness on skin. can be used prior to MU or for hydrating touch ups.
Dermaglow makes a good primer for fine lines and wrinkles. Boots No7 has an intensive line filler as well.

I love HALO.

Mar 09 09 02:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Zena Saab
Posts: 259
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada


Jordan Liberty wrote:

I love HALO.

ME TOO big_smile

Mar 09 09 03:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Kaya Quintana Get Shot
Posts: 98
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Kaya

If your make-up is creasing than this is a wrinkle problem that can be solved with a bit of 'Preparation H' to shrink that crease down so it doesn't crease so much. Don't fill your voids with make-up, make their skin tighter with toner and toning before you put the make-up on! Globbing concealer will not solve the problem and powder just adds more hoakyness to the make-up. remember make-up is supposed to not look like make-up if it is natural unless you have "fashion make-up" and then every rule is broken!

No, it's not the wrinkles cos the models I work with are too young to have wrinkles tongue It's just that the concealer I have right now is so creasy/oily that it heaps up so fast... Really nasty but I got some good suggestions here so I'm saved big_smile

Mar 10 09 03:07 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jessika Cahel
Posts: 2
Tucson, Arizona, US


Kaya Quintana Get Shot wrote:
Hello beautifull people!

Unfortunatly searching through the forums didn't help me find the exact answer that I needed.

So here it goes:

(1)I'm looking for a new concealer and want to buy one of the pallets by MUFE. But the thing I''m afraid of is that it will crease a lot in the lines under the eyes as the cream-concealer I have now does. So if anyone can tell me if it creases a lot I would be very happy:)

(2)I work a lot for photoshoots and because of the warm lights I'd be touching up all the time without using a powder under the eyes over the concealer because it creases. But I can't seem to find a good powder over here that doesn't look cakey, dry the skin out like crazy and has no color.

So I was thinking about buying the RMCA powder from Mary's store but wich color or no color works best? I have never used this powder before but read some good reviews about it here on mm so I want to try it smile

(3) I don't have a problem touching up all the time but some photographers I work with do. Mostly because of the time limits and such. So I usually powder after concealer/foundation to stop creasing and such but hate that it takes away the deweyness that the foundation gives the skin. So I'm also looking for a powder that let's the foundation stay the way it is and only sets the make-up. Is the RMCA powder capable of doing that or does anyone else have a good suggestion?

Since I have little choise in good brands over here I buy a lot online from the usa. So if anyone knows a good online store besides mary's to buy make-up let me know big_smile

So, a long story but I hope someone has some advice pour moi;)

Thanks for taking the time to read and/or respond wink

Kaya

Sep 10 12 09:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jessika Cahel
Posts: 2
Tucson, Arizona, US


Hi Kaya,

I've found that Palladio Rice Powder (found at Ulta) is a very good setting powder, but it must be used sparingly.  It comes in shades of translucent (very pale skin tone), natural and warm.  Another great powder is the setting powder by Elf (found at Target). 

Also, to keep that dewey look, when you powder your face, only powder your t-zone and avoid getting any powder onto the cheeks.  This will give you the dewey look you want.

I hope that was helpful.

Jessika
Sep 10 12 09:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Pixi_Sam
Posts: 219
London, England, United Kingdom


Another Keromask fan here!
Sep 11 12 11:29 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Denise
Posts: 1,911
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada


Jessica, the original post was made 2 1/2 years ago, hopefully she's found something by now! wink
Sep 11 12 04:39 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers