login info join!
Forums > Model Colloquy > Tan Redheads Search   Reply
1234last
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Do they exist?  I actually did see one somewhere here...I think she was half black so she had african american features with freckles and curly red hair! I always thought that was pretty much the most intriguing and exotic combination you could have...so rare!  I would guess most are probably mixed since it sees it is usually near impossible for natural redheads to tan.  So dark skinned redheads, if you are out there, stop by and drop off a pic!  I'd love to see some natural ones for the rarity aspect, but if it's dyed that's ok too.  I might take the plunge myself some day...
Mar 26 09 11:51 am  Link  Quote 
Model
nexiste plus
Posts: 7,075
Boston, Massachusetts, US


years ago there was some reality tv show for the next SI swimsuit model

She was redhead, and tan...but she had worked SO hard to get tan that it had completely dried out her skin
Mar 26 09 11:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
VasilisaK
Posts: 4,500
London, England, United Kingdom


I can tan, I go a walnut colour so it's pretty dark (my dad's from Kazahstan so I think that's why) but I look hideous with it so I tend to avoid tanning. I also go freckly

scary
Mar 26 09 11:55 am  Link  Quote 
Model
nexiste plus
Posts: 7,075
Boston, Massachusetts, US


doesnt lilo tan fairly well?
Mar 26 09 11:57 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


VasilisaK wrote:
I can tan, I go a walnut colour so it's pretty dark (my dad's from Kazahstan so I think that's why) but I look hideous with it so I tend to avoid tanning. I also go freckly

scary

Hmm interesting so it IS possible lol...you have gorgeous hair by the way.  Maybe it depends on the tone of red as to whether it looks good.  I actually saw someone with Beyonce toned skin the other day who had her hair this wine color.  It was obviously fake, but it didn't look ugly or anything.

Mar 26 09 12:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
VasilisaK
Posts: 4,500
London, England, United Kingdom


Jessie Armstrong wrote:

Hmm interesting so it IS possible lol...you have gorgeous hair by the way.  Maybe it depends on the tone of red as to whether it looks good.  I actually saw someone with Beyonce toned skin the other day who had her hair this wine color.  It was obviously fake, but it didn't look ugly or anything.

It's possible, although areas like my legs and stomach go sustantially darker than my face does.

Mar 26 09 12:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Citizen Deathwish wrote:
years ago there was some reality tv show for the next SI swimsuit model

She was redhead, and tan...but she had worked SO hard to get tan that it had completely dried out her skin

Yikes poor girl it probably wouldn't be worth it then.  Haven't seen that show.  Did it look good on her?

Mar 26 09 12:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
TarahDawson
Posts: 1,323
MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US


I'm a fake redhead so I can tan easy but I don't get the awesome freckles sad
Mar 26 09 12:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
R Michael Walker
Posts: 11,975
Costa Mesa, California, US


I've had several. Twinka (Famous art model from the 70's) was very dark in the summer. But it IS rare.
Mar 26 09 12:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


R Michael Walker wrote:
But it IS rare.

And that's what makes it so cool

Mar 26 09 12:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
nexiste plus
Posts: 7,075
Boston, Massachusetts, US


Jessie Armstrong wrote:
Yikes poor girl it probably wouldn't be worth it then.  Haven't seen that show.  Did it look good on her?

she was a cute girl, but you could really tell she had some sun damage on her face and upper chest area

Mar 26 09 12:19 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Citizen Deathwish wrote:

she was a cute girl, but you could really tell she had some sun damage on her face and upper chest area

sad

Mar 26 09 12:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
picturephoto
Posts: 8,687
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


http://www.jasiri-blog.com/gossip-spot/wp-content/uploads/carrot%20top.jpg
Mar 26 09 12:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Rachel S
Posts: 537
Anchorage, Alaska, US


http://www.modelmayhem.com/483247
http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/070827/00/46d2644d53daf_m.jpg
http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081015/03/48f5a08a2eeb6_m.jpg

Well, I can't tell for sure what her natural hair color is..but it looks redish in some pictures. I am totally inlove with her skin tone and freckles. She actually blows my mind shes so beautiful and exotic!
Mar 26 09 12:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Richard Dubois wrote:
http://www.jasiri-blog.com/gossip-spot/wp-content/uploads/carrot%20top.jpg

Eeew eew eew eew eew...just...eew eew...just...NO.

Mar 26 09 12:34 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Lexy Lee wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/483247
http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/070827/00/46d2644d53daf_m.jpg
http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081015/03/48f5a08a2eeb6_m.jpg

Well, I can't tell for sure what her natural hair color is..but it looks redish in some pictures. I am totally inlove with her skin tone and freckles. She actually blows my mind shes so beautiful and exotic!

Niiiiice wink

Mar 26 09 12:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
jabberpics
Posts: 814
Savannah, Georgia, US


Lexy Lee wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/483247
http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/070827/00/46d2644d53daf_m.jpg
http://modelmayhm-7.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/081015/03/48f5a08a2eeb6_m.jpg

Well, I can't tell for sure what her natural hair color is..but it looks redish in some pictures. I am totally inlove with her skin tone and freckles. She actually blows my mind shes so beautiful and exotic!

My absolute favorite....

Mar 26 09 12:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
jabberpics
Posts: 814
Savannah, Georgia, US


http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/070924/21/46f8659fc7d50_m.jpg
http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080310/13/47d575c12b839_m.jpg

And my evil EX-
Mar 26 09 12:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


jab designs wrote:
http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/070924/21/46f8659fc7d50_m.jpg
http://modelmayhm-8.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080310/13/47d575c12b839_m.jpg

And my evil EX-

Awesome.   Lol@ evil ex...

Mar 26 09 12:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Rick Edwards
Posts: 6,155
Wilmington, Delaware, US


Richard Dubois wrote:
http://www.jasiri-blog.com/gossip-spot/wp-content/uploads/carrot%20top.jpg

Man, that little girl from the Wendy's ad has REALLY let herself go....

He's a nice guy, I've worked with him a lot

Mar 26 09 12:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Aah I totally wish I could find that lady...there's an african american mixed model on here that has naturally curly red hair and the most freckles I have EVER seen on one face lol.  Soooo unique.  I've seen people post her pic before on mm and I think it was probably in a freckles forum or list.  If anyone knows who I'm talking about let me know lol...can't believe I didn't list that or something.
Mar 26 09 12:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tiffany Belle
Posts: 194
Los Angeles, California, US


http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/pnuthead719/499403b198b72.jpg

I'm a tan red head lol... smile
Mar 26 09 01:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Tiffany Belle wrote:
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/pnuthead719/499403b198b72.jpg

I'm a tan red head lol... smile

Very cool smile.  I knew you guys were out there!

Mar 26 09 01:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tiffany Belle
Posts: 194
Los Angeles, California, US


Haha, thanks.  And you're right...I think most of us are mixed.  At least I am. smile
Mar 26 09 01:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Tiffany Belle
Posts: 194
Los Angeles, California, US


But actually now that I think about it, there are full black people that have red hair.  My grandma is one of them.  I've also seen a Mexican man with natural red hair and tanned skin.
Mar 26 09 01:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DWFK
Posts: 631
Oceanside, California, US


Here you go, this is Marshall, he's Mexican.  There are a lot of red-headed Mexicans in Northern Mexico but most of them aren't that tan.

Edit: eh, In my archives I have photos where you can see his hair as red as it is in person.  But it's like that of the girl above.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_qFlcArcQufc/SRdgQbzZKOI/AAAAAAAAB48/_9TVvUgM_kY/s912/DSC05255.JPG
Mar 26 09 01:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Tiffany Belle wrote:
But actually now that I think about it, there are full black people that have red hair.  My grandma is one of them.  I've also seen a Mexican man with natural red hair and tanned skin.

Yeah, I was searching for pictures in google using tons of different search words with absolutely NO LUCK lol, but I did find something in a science journal while I was reading along called "rufous albinism" which sometimes occurs in African people.  Apparently it's pretty rare and instead of giving you light skin it gives you red hair.  Just thought that was interesting.  Are you mixed with irish?

Mar 26 09 01:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Daniel AZ wrote:
Here you go, this is Marshall, he's Mexican.  There are a lot of red-headed Mexicans in Northern Mexico but most of them aren't that tan.

Edit: eh, In my archives I have photos where you can see his hair as red as it is in person.  But it's like that of the girl above.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_qFlcArcQufc/SRdgQbzZKOI/AAAAAAAAB48/_9TVvUgM_kY/s912/DSC05255.JPG

Neato!

Mar 26 09 01:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Lol no luck finding mexicans with red hair on google either...apparently a mexican redhead is some sort of parrot haha.
Mar 26 09 01:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Alfiere
Posts: 1,562
Portland, Oregon, US


who cares if they do or not. Redheads are smokin hot! Tan pale tall short.. its all good.. well except fat....
Mar 26 09 01:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Alfiere wrote:
who cares if they do or not. Redheads are smokin hot! Tan pale tall short.. its all good.. well except fat....

Lol oh I agree!  Vasilisa up there for example is uber hot.  I was just curious cause it's such a rare combination.

Mar 26 09 01:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Suki_
Posts: 119
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom


Tiffany Belle wrote:
http://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr315/pnuthead719/499403b198b72.jpg

I'm a tan red head lol... smile

Wow... you're so beautiful!

Tanned redheads are a rare and mysterious breed. I've always envied them, they seem to have this exotic and athletic aura about them.
I once saw an Australian girl with long red ringlets and tan. I had a bit of a girl-crush on her, but now I can't find any pictures of her.

Mar 26 09 01:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EJF Studios
Posts: 897
Wichita, Kansas, US


http://i41.tinypic.com/24cvzh5.jpg
Mar 26 09 01:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


EJF Studios wrote:
http://i41.tinypic.com/24cvzh5.jpg

Cool.  Kinda reminds me of my redhead friend.  She says when she tans her freckles all sort of melt together into one big whole body freckle tan he he.

Mar 26 09 01:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Suki_ wrote:

Wow... you're so beautiful!

Tanned redheads are a rare and mysterious breed. I've always envied them, they seem to have this exotic and athletic aura about them.
I once saw an Australian girl with long red ringlets and tan. I had a bit of a girl-crush on her, but now I can't find any pictures of her.

I KNOW right?  So hot.  Lemme know if you find that.  I think Nicole Kidman is an australian redhead.  No tan though he he

Mar 26 09 01:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DWFK
Posts: 631
Oceanside, California, US


Jessie Armstrong wrote:
Lol no luck finding mexicans with red hair on google either...apparently a mexican redhead is some sort of parrot haha.

Hey,  I'm Mexican-American and had reddish blonde hair as a kid, but not Irish, I'm of Welsh Decent.

Um, Here's some info on Irish in Mexico

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Battalion

http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/mexico … an_ps.html

As I write this, I can literally see Nogales, Sonora, Mexico from out my living room window.  If I walk down the street of the city of 300,000, I'll probably see one or two red heads. 

They're more common than you might think.  Probably more common in this area than black Mexicans, but we have Chinese, German, etc.  it's very diverse.

edit:  I might actually talk to a chinese guy in Spanish in Mexico this afternoon for a story I'm doing.

and a month ago, I interviewed an Irish Mexican, but his family wasn't from that battalion, I don't think.

Mar 26 09 01:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Janara Astral
Posts: 549
Anchorage, Alaska, US


Daniel AZ wrote:

Hey,  I'm Mexican-American and had reddish blonde hair as a kid, but not Irish, I'm of Welsh Decent.

Um, Here's some info on Irish in Mexico

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Battalion

http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/mexico … an_ps.html

As I write this, I can literally see Nogales, Sonora, Mexico from out my living room window.  If I walk down the street of the city of 300,000, I'll probably see one or two red heads. 

They're more common than you might think.  Probably more common in this area than black Mexicans, but we have Chinese, German, etc.  it's very diverse.

edit:  I might actually talk to a chinese guy in Spanish in Mexico this afternoon for a story I'm doing.

and a month ago, I interviewed an Irish Mexican, but his family wasn't from that battalion, I don't think.

Wow thanks for the history!  I sure with I was in Mexico right now lol!  Good luck with your story.

Mar 26 09 02:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
BT Imagery
Posts: 1,017
Cedar Falls, Iowa, US


Jessie Armstrong wrote:
Do they exist?  I actually did see one somewhere here...I think she was half black so she had african american features with freckles and curly red hair! I always thought that was pretty much the most intriguing and exotic combination you could have...so rare!  I would guess most are probably mixed since it sees it is usually near impossible for natural redheads to tan.  So dark skinned redheads, if you are out there, stop by and drop off a pic!  I'd love to see some natural ones for the rarity aspect, but if it's dyed that's ok too.  I might take the plunge myself some day...

My wife has natural red hair and tans very dark.  Her mother is part Armenian and although you can't tell that heritage in her features, you certainly can in her skin!

Mar 26 09 02:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DWFK
Posts: 631
Oceanside, California, US


Jessie Armstrong wrote:

Wow thanks for the history!  I sure with I was in Mexico right now lol!  Good luck with your story.

thanks!

Mar 26 09 02:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Erick Anthony Photo
Posts: 918
Murrieta, California, US


Jessie Armstrong wrote:
Do they exist?  I actually did see one somewhere here...I think she was half black so she had african american features with freckles and curly red hair! I always thought that was pretty much the most intriguing and exotic combination you could have...so rare!  I would guess most are probably mixed since it sees it is usually near impossible for natural redheads to tan.  So dark skinned redheads, if you are out there, stop by and drop off a pic!  I'd love to see some natural ones for the rarity aspect, but if it's dyed that's ok too.  I might take the plunge myself some day...

I had a friend in high school that was... AND blue eyes on top of it... needless to say she was "taken" all the time and I never got a chance to ask her out. lol But let me tell you, they are striking and of course very difficult to find.

Mar 26 09 02:10 pm  Link  Quote 
1234last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers