login info join!
Forums > Model Colloquy > Amiclubwear.com Search   Reply
Model
Ceecilia
Posts: 1,012
New York, New York, US


Has anyone shopped there?  The clothes look really cute and are super cheap
Apr 02 09 11:22 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kaia
Posts: 1,563
Dallas, Texas, US


yes! i just got two pairs of shoes in the mail from them two days ago and it was under thirty bucks before shipping!
Apr 02 09 11:29 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Ceecilia
Posts: 1,012
New York, New York, US


Kaia  wrote:
yes! i just got two pairs of shoes in the mail from them two days ago and it was under thirty bucks before shipping!

Really?  I have heard such mixed reviews about them...like some people have success but some get the wrong orders and the customer service is nonexisistent

Apr 02 09 11:40 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Sarah Hunter II
Posts: 1,462
Los Angeles, California, US


Everything on there that I like always seems to be out of stock.
Apr 02 09 11:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
-Sara Shea-
Posts: 652
Minneapolis, Minnesota, US


Yeah, its a gamble.  They have some really great stuff (but it sucks when you find out it's out of stock 5 days AFTER you order) the customer service sucks and they can be impossible to get ahold of.  And they do pull some shady business.  I ordered a bunch of things from there including a couple pairs of heels in a size 9, they all fit except for one that I could barely squeeze 2 toes into and they MYSTERIOUSLY had the shoe size scratched off the box and I could see the sticky area where someone had peeled off the size sticker.  Pretty shady but I just sold them to a friend for the $10 I paid for them.

But you can get great deals.  I got like 3 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of boots and 3 dresses for like $80 with shipping.  I guess it comes down to if its gonna be worth the possible hassle.  I'd order from them again despite everything cheep cute clothes are worth it.
Apr 04 09 03:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Ceecilia
Posts: 1,012
New York, New York, US


-Sara Shea- wrote:
Yeah, its a gamble.  They have some really great stuff (but it sucks when you find out it's out of stock 5 days AFTER you order) the customer service sucks and they can be impossible to get ahold of.  And they do pull some shady business.  I ordered a bunch of things from there including a couple pairs of heels in a size 9, they all fit except for one that I could barely squeeze 2 toes into and they MYSTERIOUSLY had the shoe size scratched off the box and I could see the sticky area where someone had peeled off the size sticker.  Pretty shady but I just sold them to a friend for the $10 I paid for them.

But you can get great deals.  I got like 3 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of boots and 3 dresses for like $80 with shipping.  I guess it comes down to if its gonna be worth the possible hassle.  I'd order from them again despite everything cheep cute clothes are worth it.

Were the clothes and shoes at least decent material?  Like they didn't look super cheap close up?

Apr 04 09 07:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
-Sara Shea-
Posts: 652
Minneapolis, Minnesota, US


Cecilia model wrote:
Were the clothes and shoes at least decent material?  Like they didn't look super cheap close up?

Its decent, it does vary from item-to-item though.  A couple things I got were great, others not as good.  Good for the price, but I probably wouldn't pay full price for a lot of their things (but then I don't for most).  They're comparable to most ghetto/hoochie/clubwear stores like Dots or Rainbow

Apr 05 09 01:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Ceecilia
Posts: 1,012
New York, New York, US


Anyone else ever order from them??
Jun 17 09 07:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Scott
Posts: 5,592
Marion, Iowa, US


I've ordered from them a couple times (from their ebay store) and never had problems.
Jun 17 09 07:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Ashley Bee
Posts: 297
Atlanta, Georgia, US


I've ordered from them before and it took FOREVER for my items to arrive. The customer service is pretty much non-existent, like a few have stated before. I wouldn't do bulk orders though, that seems to be where the screw ups are most common.
Jun 17 09 01:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sami Sue
Posts: 4
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, US


I ordered from them 2 times, first time I had no issue, 2nd time I purchased 3 scrunch butt swim suits and ordered small in all of them, the tops all fit great and 2 of the bottoms, but the third bottom, was WAAAAYYYY toooo small, it looked like a thong on me! And when I contacted them they said that Id have to prove they were the wrong size, but the tag was cut off, the other two pairs had the tags, and this one didnt and was completly different size. I guess I could have sent them back and had them compare them, and send me the right size back but i didnt want to deal with it. other then that I have not had much of an issue with them.
Feb 05 13 03:20 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sami Sue
Posts: 4
Fort Walton Beach, Florida, US


I ordered from them 2 times, first time I had no issue, 2nd time I purchased 3 scrunch butt swim suits and ordered small in all of them, the tops all fit great and 2 of the bottoms, but the third bottom, was WAAAAYYYY toooo small, it looked like a thong on me! And when I contacted them they said that Id have to prove they were the wrong size, but the tag was cut off, the other two pairs had the tags, and this one didnt and was completly different size. I guess I could have sent them back and had them compare them, and send me the right size back but i didnt want to deal with it. other then that I have not had much of an issue with them.
Feb 05 13 03:20 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 36,361
Boston, Massachusetts, US


I ordered ONCE from them, at the end of 2008. I had to email them twice before they even shipped my order, and it arrived short one dress I'd paid for.

When I emailed them again, they claimed they'd mailed me everything I paid for, but they did not.

I just let it go, and never shopped there again.
Feb 05 13 06:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
KristinaxC
Posts: 44
Oakland, California, US


I've ordered from them a couple of times. Beware of the sizing esp for shoes. I'm usually a size 7/7.5 and I've had to send back shoes that are size 7.5 because they were somehow too small. And the pucker butt swimsuit bottoms run really small. Otherwise it's cheap and the jewelry selection is nice =]
Feb 07 13 09:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Morgan
Posts: 4,058
New York, New York, US


Terrible customer service, and they mispick or misship orders pretty often.


Not worth the hassle.
Feb 07 13 10:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Ogilvie
Posts: 6,643
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Hello several years old thread!  big_smile
Feb 07 13 10:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Paige Morgan
Posts: 4,058
New York, New York, US


James Ogilvie wrote:
Hello several years old thread!  big_smile

WTF is with all the zombies lately??


I've really got to pay closer attention.

Feb 07 13 10:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James Ogilvie
Posts: 6,643
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Paige Morgan wrote:

WTF is with all the zombies lately??


I've really got to pay closer attention.

rawr!

Feb 07 13 10:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Alabaster Crowley
Posts: 8,252
Tucson, Arizona, US


I was just linked to that site today, and now this pops back up from the dead.

Weird day here on MM.
Feb 07 13 11:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shon D.- Homme
Posts: 3,195
Virginia Beach, Virginia, US


Ceecilia wrote:
Has anyone shopped there?  The clothes look really cute and are super cheap

I used to shop there a lot. Great service.

Feb 07 13 11:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Persephone Sweetsin
Posts: 27
Cape May, New Jersey, US


I love their shop, they have a lot of great prices, and you can pretty much get anything that you can think, and I LOVE that it's versatile like that, so I think anyone is in good hands when they shop with them smile
Feb 08 13 06:58 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers