login info join!
Forums > Model Colloquy > Get paid $1000 to lose weight in a study!!! Search   Reply
Photographer
Divo Models
Posts: 5,469
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Get paid $1000 to lose weight in a study!!!

They almost suckered me in. 

I responded to a commercial on the radio for dietstudy.com. 

BUT HERE'S THE DEAL:

They say their looking for participants in what they claim is a weight-loss "study".  They claim the typical weight loss was 20-30 pounds in 90 days. The "One Day Diet" consists of weight-loss tablets, supplements and dieting every other day.

There is a $150 "deposit" for the first month and $75 per-month charge for the following months, which is suppose to be refunded once the diet ends.  The deposit and monthly fees are implemented to "weed" out those who are NOT serious about losing weight...it's an incentive to complete the program.

At the end of the 3-month "study," the money is supposed to be refunded, and $1,000 is supposed to be paid to the participant.

I told her I would need to see these promises IN WRITING, before I'd proceed...but she was talking in circles...she said that such info comes with the package once she sign's me up.

She asked, "What's your credit card expiration number?"

I told her I didn't have my wallet with me...and it would take me over 10 minutes to retreive it.

She said, "That's no problem...I have all day."

I said, "Please hold..." and hung up the phone up...oooops!!!

I have tried to google this company to see what's up with them...but the search results are clogged by tons of mispelled blogs written by skeptical fat people. 

One blog site says this company has over 114 complaints with the BBB.  If so, I can't find them or any complaints.

They seem to be relatively new...so it will be some time before it's revealed on how the scam unfolds.
May 04 06 09:53 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kaitlin Lara
Posts: 6,467
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Hmm...maybe I should try that program...I need to lose some weight anyway...I'm such a fatty (yes...that is a joke)
May 04 06 09:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nihilus
Posts: 10,888
Nashville, Tennessee, US


Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Hmm...maybe I should try that program...I need to lose some weight anyway...I'm such a fatty (yes...that is a joke)

No kidding! *pinches your skin and points*

See? Look at all this excess...

big_smile

May 04 06 10:00 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Glamour Boulevard
Posts: 8,628
Sacramento, California, US


ModelInstinctive wrote:
She said, "That's no problem...I have all day."

This is where I just sit the phone down on the table and coveniently forget about the telemarketer. One day I did it and 2 hours later"oh crap, um, hello are you still there?im sorry"
and he WAS!

May 04 06 10:09 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Karine_
Posts: 47
Ottawa, Illinois, US


ModelInstinctive wrote:
Get paid $1000 to lose weight in a study!!!

If only that were true, THEN I'd be motivated for sure!!

May 04 06 10:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Glamour Boulevard
Posts: 8,628
Sacramento, California, US


Karine_ wrote:
If only that were true, THEN I'd be motivated for sure!!

You gotta be kiddin me. Do you NOT see yourself? Damn.

May 04 06 10:14 am  Link  Quote 
Model
VeenaJ
Posts: 274
New York, New York, US


Glamour Boulevard wrote:

This is where I just sit the phone down on the table and coveniently forget about the telemarketer. One day I did it and 2 hours later"oh crap, um, hello are you still there?im sorry"
and he WAS!

Awesome...I gotta try that next time!  smile

May 04 06 10:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
C R Photography
Posts: 3,594
Pleasanton, California, US


Bait and switch big_smile
May 04 06 10:16 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Kaitlin Lara
Posts: 6,467
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US


Karine_ wrote:

If only that were true, THEN I'd be motivated for sure!!

Lol...shit...and people worry about ME having a problem with my weight...at least I was joking...why in the world would you want to lose weight? You're thin and more importantly, you're healthy.

May 04 06 10:21 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Just AJ
Posts: 3,478
Round Rock, Texas, US


ModelInstinctive wrote:
Get paid $1000 to lose weight in a study!!!

They almost suckered me in. 

I responded to a commercial on the radio for dietstudy.com. 

BUT HERE'S THE DEAL:

They say their looking for participants in what they claim is a weight-loss "study".  They claim the typical weight loss was 20-30 pounds in 90 days. The "One Day Diet" consists of weight-loss tablets, supplements and dieting every other day.

There is a $150 "deposit" for the first month and $75 per-month charge for the following months, which is suppose to be refunded once the diet ends.  The deposit and monthly fees are implemented to "weed" out those who are NOT serious about losing weight...it's an incentive to complete the program.

At the end of the 3-month "study," the money is supposed to be refunded, and $1,000 is supposed to be paid to the participant.

I told her I would need to see these promises IN WRITING, before I'd proceed...but she was talking in circles...she said that such info comes with the package once she sign's me up.

She asked, "What's your credit card expiration number?"

I told her I didn't have my wallet with me...and it would take me over 10 minutes to retreive it.

She said, "That's no problem...I have all day."

Then I hung the phone up...oooops!!!

I have tried to google this company to see what's up with them...but the search results are clogged by tons of mispelled blogs written by skeptical fat people. 

One blog site says this company has over 114 complaints with the BBB.  If so, I can't find them or any complaints.

They seem to be relatively new...so it will be some time before it's revealed on how the scam unfolds.

They actually play an ad for this on the radio here all the time.  I usually hear it at night when I'm driving home from job number two.

So in essence, you're only getting paid $625 after the $150 + $75 for three months.  Craziness.

May 04 06 10:52 am  Link  Quote 
Model
shellyradley
Posts: 1,201
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland


I would do it but i I lost 20-30 lbs my mother would personally swim over to the uk from germany and then kick my ass for being so stupid and put me on drip feed till i was back to normal!!

yeah so no can do can't do it..

lol

xx shelly xx
May 04 06 10:57 am  Link  Quote 
Model
NC17
Posts: 1,735
Baltimore, Maryland, US


I'd file a compliant with the BBB for sure, get them on the map for others that are smart enough to check it out

Most things that are too good to be true probably are...
May 04 06 11:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Divo Models
Posts: 5,469
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Jayne Jones wrote:
They actually play an ad for this on the radio here all the time.  I usually hear it at night when I'm driving home from job number two.

So in essence, you're only getting paid $625 after the $150 + $75 for three months.  Craziness.

I don't think they would pay $625...there's probably some "major" or unattainable stipulation in the fine print...but she wouldn't let me see the fine print, until my credit card was charged.

If your hearing the commercial in Missouri...they must be playing this commercial across the country.  They told me that there was only a limited number of opportunities available, but apparently NOT if there advertising across the country...

And I'm sure the operator was commissioned...that can be expensive to them too..

It's just a matter of time before they outsource their operators to India.  I may call in a few weeks to see if a operator calling himself "Michael Jones" answers with a thick Hindi accent.

May 04 06 11:53 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Oddessence
Posts: 33
New York, New York, US


I think someone should just PAY us $1000, and let us take care of  the weightloss ourselves. Ya tongue
May 04 06 04:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
NC17
Posts: 1,735
Baltimore, Maryland, US


Not 10 minutes after I made my above comment, I heard the commercial on the radio. How wierd is that!
May 04 06 04:50 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers