login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Las Vegas Photography community. Search   Reply
first247248249250251252253254last
Photographer
-The Dave-
Posts: 8,626
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


http://www.daplv.com/MM/DP7_3509.jpg

Wal-Mart at 2:00 am is kinda freaky.
Sep 01 12 08:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
D M E C K E R T
Posts: 4,786
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


to be fair...walmart at 2pm is kinda freaky.
Sep 03 12 06:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


From Friday:

http://cafe1956.com/web-images/nichole-1.jpg

Also, a sassy little video and stills from the same shoot. Yes, I actually said sassy. http://bts-fun.tumblr.com/post/30654450 … -las-vegas
Sep 04 12 07:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


D M E C K E R T wrote:
to be fair...walmart at 2pm is kinda freaky.

Only on the 2's? big_smile

Sep 04 12 07:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-The Dave-
Posts: 8,626
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Was thinking the other day that it would be cool to shoot some 35mm film in my Mamiya RB67, so I spent an hour, well, one Corona to me, building an adapter to shoot 35mm in a medium format body, then took it out for some test shots.  Here is the results...

http://www.daplv.com/MM/Scan_AP523w.jpg

100% crop of the top of the Cosmo...

http://www.daplv.com/MM/Scan_AP523-100.jpg

Now to figure out what I want to shoot like this...
Sep 06 12 08:58 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dan K Photography
Posts: 5,448
STATEN ISLAND, New York, US


Just got back from Las Vegas this morning. I could always use another day in Vegas. At least when I am winning.

http://dknafo.smugmug.com/photos/i-9mLg4VB/0/XL/i-9mLg4VB-XL.jpg
Sep 06 12 09:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
beautylinestudio
Posts: 4
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada


the lighting setup for that suv one is pretty cool
Sep 06 12 01:53 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-The Dave-
Posts: 8,626
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Dan K Photography wrote:
Just got back from Las Vegas this morning. I could always use another day in Vegas. At least when I am winning.

http://dknafo.smugmug.com/photos/i-9mLg4VB/0/XL/i-9mLg4VB-XL.jpg

Nice!  Flamingo?

Sep 06 12 04:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dan K Photography
Posts: 5,448
STATEN ISLAND, New York, US


-The Dave- wrote:

Nice!  Flamingo?

Mirage.

Sep 06 12 04:38 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


So I've been anticipating the arrival of my MD to EOS adapter, so I can use my MD 28 2.8 on my cameras for video... I understand that glassless adapters mean you lose infinity focus but this is ridiculous...

I have a focus range of 1-3 inches... and cannot, regardless of aperture, focus on anything further than 10"

Dammit. Good thing a legit one will only take 2 days shipping, been aching to use this for 2 weeks.
Sep 08 12 07:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-JAY- wrote:
So I've been anticipating the arrival of my MD to EOS adapter, so I can use my MD 28 2.8 on my cameras for video... I understand that glassless adapters mean you lose infinity focus but this is ridiculous...

I have a focus range of 1-3 inches... and cannot, regardless of aperture, focus on anything further than 10"

Dammit. Good thing a legit one will only take 2 days shipping, been aching to use this for 2 weeks.

MDadapteronabudget.com doesn't work. Check. http://templatesagogo.com/smileys/bsa/be%20happy.gif

It looks like the cheap one is about 10 bucks with the (I assume) good one around 35. The higher priced one has a lens element and AF confirm.

Why am I up at 4:00 AM?

Sep 09 12 04:20 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-The Dave-
Posts: 8,626
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


I made my adapter out of wood, maybe you should try that? smile
Sep 09 12 09:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-The Dave- wrote:
I made my adapter out of wood, maybe you should try that? smile

All budget minded photographers use super glue and duct tape. Did you mean you had wood while you made your adapter?

Sep 09 12 11:12 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


A M Johnson wrote:

MDadapteronabudget.com doesn't work. Check. http://templatesagogo.com/smileys/bsa/be%20happy.gif

It looks like the cheap one is about 10 bucks with the (I assume) good one around 35. The higher priced one has a lens element and AF confirm.

Why am I up at 4:00 AM?

Yeah, returning the $11 one. By "you lose infinity focus" I thought shooting at, you know... 5 feet would be okay.... but nope.

Bought the Fotodiox one, should be here Tuesday. Had one a while back, when I had my MD 50 1.4 ... sold it with the lens when I got my EF 50 1.4. Works well.

Sep 09 12 12:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-JAY- wrote:

Yeah, returning the $11 one. By "you lose infinity focus" I thought shooting at, you know... 5 feet would be okay.... but nope.

Bought the Fotodiox one, should be here Tuesday. Had one a while back, when I had my MD 50 1.4 ... sold it with the lens when I got my EF 50 1.4. Works well.

They left pertinent details out of the listing, big_smile Was this a US seller? At least send E-Bay a love letter about them.

Sep 09 12 01:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-The Dave-
Posts: 8,626
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Test of Canon digital to RB67 hand held imaging adapter. 

http://www.daplv.com/MM/IMG_3529.jpg
Sep 10 12 11:09 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


FUCK!

All I need is 14 pretty girls to tie up with rope... why is this so hard?

I have 9 interested... in Maryland, Canada, Texas, New York... etc... but no locals.

Fuck Vegas.
Sep 11 12 11:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
-The Dave-
Posts: 8,626
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-JAY- wrote:
FUCK!

All I need is 14 pretty girls to tie up with rope... why is this so hard?

I have 9 interested... in Maryland, Canada, Texas, New York... etc... but no locals.

Fuck Vegas.

That should not be a problem here with the right budget.

Sep 12 12 11:09 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-The Dave- wrote:

That should not be a problem here with the right budget.

there's that word again. They're getting a numbered (1/40) matted 11x14 (16x20) and a copy of the book after the series has run its course. Best I can do.

However... Seems as if the planets are aligning. I've gotten half a dozen interested parties, start shooting this weekend.

Oh, and for those 6 messages... I've goten twice that many messages calling me a perv for tying up poor, helpless models.

Sep 12 12 02:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


The matted print and a book are a $100.00 bill. (Unless you aren't doing it archivally)

Just give them the $100.00.
Sep 12 12 04:22 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


A M Johnson wrote:
The matted print and a book are a $100.00 bill. (Unless you aren't doing it archivally)

Just give them the $100.00.

I have dozens of mats lying around, so $5 for the print, and the books end up being like $15.

Won't get many responses for a $20 casting. I'm getting solid requests now, it just took a bit.

Sep 12 12 04:52 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


How are you getting books printed for 15 bucks? I'm printing mine at $40.00 plus. Mine are hard cover with a dust jacket though.
Sep 12 12 05:03 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


A M Johnson wrote:
How are you getting books printed for 15 bucks? I'm printing mine at $40.00 plus. Mine are hard cover with a dust jacket though.

Hard cover 8x8s, nothing fancy, just a little extra to throw in the mix. Adoramapix sales.

Sep 12 12 05:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-JAY- wrote:

Hard cover 8x8s, nothing fancy, just a little extra to throw in the mix. Adoramapix sales.

Ah. I won't use them, I think their quality sucks. They are cheap though.

Sep 12 12 05:14 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


A M Johnson wrote:

Ah. I won't use them, I think their quality sucks. They are cheap though.

the books I've gotten are all fantastic.

Sep 12 12 06:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-JAY- wrote:

the books I've gotten are all fantastic.

You are easy to please. big_smile

Take a stroll through whateverbookstoresareleft and look at the fine art books. You might change your mind. Take wifey and buy her a latte.

Sep 12 12 06:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos 4 The Memories
Posts: 1,281
Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US


Does anybody know if this place is still open?
Refinery The Celebrity Resale Boutique
3827 E Sunset Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89120

and what about this place

Pinball Hall of Fame
1610 E. Tropicana Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sep 12 12 09:31 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:
Does anybody know if this place is still open?
Refinery The Celebrity Resale Boutique
3827 E Sunset Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89120

and what about this place

Pinball Hall of Fame
1610 E. Tropicana Ave.
Las Vegas, NV 89119

I saw people parked in front of, and going inside the Pinball hall of fame last time I went to the camera store (about 2-3 weeks ago)

Sep 13 12 12:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,738
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-JAY- wrote:

I saw people parked in front of, and going inside the Pinball hall of fame last time I went to the camera store (about 2-3 weeks ago)

Yeah, it's still there and open. The other place I've never heard of.

Sep 13 12 01:20 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


A M Johnson wrote:

You are easy to please. big_smile

Take a stroll through whateverbookstoresareleft and look at the fine art books. You might change your mind. Take wifey and buy her a latte.

There's also a massive difference between books created for the discerning fine art connoisseur and a compilation of 14 images to give to models as a thank you for being a part of the project. "Really good images/quality" for $15 trumps "Fantastic" for $100+ in this scenario.

Sep 13 12 01:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos 4 The Memories
Posts: 1,281
Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US


Thanks guys. Yeah wasnt sure about the one. Just trying to find some things to do. Will be there the 7th - 16th for my wife and I wedding anniv.
Sep 13 12 02:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:
Thanks guys. Yeah wasnt sure about the one. Just trying to find some things to do. Will be there the 7th - 16th for my wife and I wedding anniv.

Be careful of all the bars. They take your money and leave you broke! ...and drunk. Haha.

What are your interests?

Sep 13 12 03:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos 4 The Memories
Posts: 1,281
Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US


A M Johnson wrote:

Be careful of all the bars. They take your money and leave you broke! ...and drunk. Haha.

What are your interests?

This is going to be our 8th time to Vegas. We really dont do the bar scenes. Well we plan on hitting some antique stores, going to the Broadacres Market, The Erotic Heritage Museum, do some donating to the casinos and since I we will have a car do some more sight seeing off the strip. We have been to Red Rock and Hover Dam already.

Sep 13 12 05:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
A M Johnson
Posts: 8,024
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:

This is going to be our 8th time to Vegas. We really dont do the bar scenes. Well we plan on hitting some antique stores, going to the Broadacres Market, The Erotic Heritage Museum, do some donating to the casinos and since I we will have a car do some more sight seeing off the strip. We have been to Red Rock and Hover Dam already.

Clark County Heritage Museum is nice, so is Springs Preserve, The Railway Museum, Valley of Fire, The Old Mormon Fort, Sunset Park, Floyd Lamb, Machine Guns Vegas, Mob Attraction Las Vegas, Bonnie Springs Ranch, the list goes on and on.

Sep 13 12 05:33 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Photos 4 The Memories  wrote:
This is going to be our 8th time to Vegas. We really dont do the bar scenes. Well we plan on hitting some antique stores, going to the Broadacres Market, The Erotic Heritage Museum, do some donating to the casinos and since I we will have a car do some more sight seeing off the strip. We have been to Red Rock and Hover Dam already.

Boradacres is 99% crap.


I still go once a month, though.

Sep 14 12 09:07 pm  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
-JAY-
Posts: 6,579
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Sending out agency letters (unpaid and paid testing) So who am I missing (that's worth mentioning?)

- Push
- Platinum
- Red
- BEST
- Cool Blue
- AWG
- Envy
- Lenz
- Premiere
- Icon
- Lange
- ModelingStop
- Ryan Matthews
- Tru Talent
- LVTalent
- Models Max

I've worked with girls from all these agencies, and have my work on pretty much all their walls...

Rebuilding my website over the next couple weeks, MASSIVE portfolio review, then calling bookers. Just wondering if there's anyone else worth contacting?
Sep 14 12 09:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos 4 The Memories
Posts: 1,281
Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US


A M Johnson wrote:

Clark County Heritage Museum is nice, so is Springs Preserve, The Railway Museum, Valley of Fire, The Old Mormon Fort, Sunset Park, Floyd Lamb, Machine Guns Vegas, Mob Attraction Las Vegas, Bonnie Springs Ranch, the list goes on and on.

Yeah I was looking at some of them places.

Sep 14 12 10:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos 4 The Memories
Posts: 1,281
Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US


-JAY- wrote:

Boradacres is 99% crap.


I still go once a month, though.

How long would you say it takes to walk threw it? Well since we didnt get to go last time we could go to Area 51.

Sep 14 12 10:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,738
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


-JAY- wrote:

Boradacres is 99% crap.


I still go once a month, though.

Usually all you find there is crap of the crappiest kind. Once in a while though it's good for shopping for odd props. I've gotten some cool roman pedestals there once, some antique soda and beer bottles, and much more. I actually think I got my 6-packs of Billy Beer, MASH Beer, and Rock & Roll Beer there too.

Sep 14 12 10:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos 4 The Memories
Posts: 1,281
Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US


-JAY- wrote:
FUCK!

All I need is 14 pretty girls to tie up with rope... why is this so hard?

I have 9 interested... in Maryland, Canada, Texas, New York... etc... but no locals.

Fuck Vegas.

I would be happy to help out when I get there.

Sep 14 12 10:06 pm  Link  Quote 
first247248249250251252253254last   Search   Reply