It's the big one! The one that started the madness!!
The Toledo Ohio Collingwood Arts Center (CAC) Group Shoot will be held on SATURDAY July 31 from 10am -to- 7pm.
The experiment was a success! After folding a smallish invite-only group shoot this weekend where everyone showed up and left happy, the July 31 group shoot at the Collingwood Arts Center in Toledo is now invite only. The modest goal is 15 excellent photographers, 15 excellent models, no bs, lots of art and folks who are happy to see each other. Flexibility with shoot times. I think the public group shoot is a thing of the past. Too often at these events, models and photographers feel like they've been shortchanged.
The particulars: July 31 Collingwood Arts Center 2413 Collingwood Toledo, Ohio 43620.
P.S. I only get 15 PM's a day and don't want folks to feel slighted. If you'd like to attend, just send me a message.
In addition to our rules, the venue of host has a rule set of their own. The are as follows;
RULES OF THE GROUP SHOOT
1. Safety before art! We want you to be able to take the best photos possible, but PLEASE do not put yourself or model in a dangerous situation to do so.
2. Please DO NOT lean over or hang over/on rails of stairs, DO NOT climb on ledges, etc. All staircases are off limits to shooting except the Grand staircases in the main Theatre lobby. You may only shoot on the Grand staircases freehand or with a monopod to limit obstruction. DO NOT attempt to place any person within the wall niches on the Grand staircases.
3. If an area has been blocked, roped or taped off, it is for a reason, DO NOT enter the area.
4. The elevator is a mode of conveyance, not an area to shoot in. If the elevator is obstructed or held in place by any person(s) shooting, they will be escorted from the building immediately. No shooting in the elevator.
5. DO NOT at any time exit the building through any door or window on to any portion of the roof of the structure. Any person(s) found on the roof will be escorted from the building immediately.
6. âBulldogsâ have been employed to watch over the building during your stay. NO ONE is allowed to âexploreâ the building. The second and third floor of the Gerber House is off limits. The second, third and fourth floor of B-wing are off limits. The third and fourth floor of C-wing are off limits. The Theatre is off limits unless you have arranged and paid to use it. The Theatre Balcony seating area is off limits. Residential spaces such as the kitchen basement and laundry room as well as all bathrooms are off limits. If you are asked to leave an area, you are to comply. One warning will be given, if you are found in an off limits area a second time, you will be escorted from the building.
7. Please treat our residents in a kindly manner. They will respect you if you respect them. REMEMBER, you are a visitor, they live here. If you are treated negatively by a resident, please let John or one of the âBulldogsâ know immediately and it will be dealt with.
8. DO NOT include any artwork currently on display or anywhere in this facility within your photographs unless you have express written consent from the artist.
9. DO NOT move a piece of art to shoot in the space it occupied.
10. NO BARE FEET WHILE TRAVELING THROUGH THE BUILDING! This is a public health issue. Also there is debris on the floor of the basement and some other areas that could potentially injure your feet. Bare feet where you are shooting only.
11. Nude layouts may only be done in the small rooms on the 4th and 5th floors of A-wing. Ask John or a âBulldogâ if you do not know where these are. You may also rent a private space in which to shoot nudes if there is one currently available. Nudes in the basement are not acceptable.
12. DO NOT attempt to move or adjust the red drapes in the arches and doorways of the balcony.
13. No smoking inside the building. No smoking within 16â of any entrance. The designated smoking areas are at the ashtray outside the main entrance and on the patio. Dispose of your butts in an appropriate manner please (this does not mean on the ground).
14. No alcohol is to be consumed on the grounds unless purchased from the CAC. Alcohol must be consumed within designated areas.
15. No elicit drugs are to be carried onto the premises or used on the premises. The communityâs laws extend within this building. If itâs illegal out thereâ¦itâs illegal in here.
16. We are not responsible for items left in the building. Please take all valuables with you, have someone watch over them or lock them in your car.
17. No guns of any kind are allowed on the premises, whether real or replica. No exceptions! Prop blades such as swords to be used in layouts are acceptable as long as the blade is dulled.
18. Please DO NOT turn off or unplug ANYTHING without asking first.
19. NO ONE is to cross the caution tape in the basement area. If you are found within the boundaries of the caution tape or found to have used or moved any content from within the caution tape you will be escorted from the building immediately. Please ask an attendant if you wish to use outlets within this area.