login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Editorial hair styles Search   Reply
Model
Dawn Louise Gartrell
Posts: 74
London, England, United Kingdom


Hi

I need to do some editorial hair style images - problem is I have no idea what classes as editorial as apparently what I thought was editorial is not. If anyone has any reference images please post them here for me!

Appreciate the help!
Sep 14 10 02:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jordan Liberty
Posts: 4,828
New York, New York, US


Dawn Louise Gartrell wrote:
Hi

I need to do some editorial hair style images - problem is I have no idea what classes as editorial as apparently what I thought was editorial is not. If anyone has any reference images please post them here for me!

Appreciate the help!

Um....open a magazine like W or Vogue or Vanity Fair or Z!NK and look at the hairstyles. An editorial is a published spread. You don't need photos from us, you need a trip to the magazine rack!!!

Sep 14 10 02:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DANLA
Posts: 921
London, England, United Kingdom


What's the style of the shoot, 10 or iD are good but it may not be the style of magazine you are looking at.
Sep 14 10 02:29 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Diana
Posts: 2,372
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Jordan Liberty wrote:

Um....open a magazine like W or Vogue or Vanity Fair or Z!NK and look at the hairstyles. An editorial is a published spread. You don't need photos from us, you need a trip to the magazine rack!!!

+1

Sep 14 10 02:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Asha - Makeup Artist
Posts: 8,451
Anderson, Alabama, US


Diana wrote:

+1

The reference you gave me to look in Allure Magazine was great.

Sep 14 10 04:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Bethany Ruck Makeup
Posts: 311
Los Angeles, California, US


Jordan Liberty wrote:
Um....open a magazine like W or Vogue or Vanity Fair or Z!NK and look at the hairstyles. An editorial is a published spread. You don't need photos from us, you need a trip to the magazine rack!!!

Preach it! smile

Sep 14 10 05:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Dawn Louise Gartrell
Posts: 74
London, England, United Kingdom


I posted this on behalf of a friend who is a hair stylist however she is not on MM. She sent some images, infact one of mine, the one where the sides are swept back and I have a quif (spelling?) and was told to send something more editorial.

Personally I thought that was editorial. Hence I posted the question.
Sep 15 10 02:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Diana
Posts: 2,372
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Asha - Makeup Artist wrote:

The reference you gave me to look in Allure Magazine was great.

I'm glad. smile

Sep 15 10 03:10 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers