Yes you read it right! Drew and I will have Playboy Models at our event February 27th at a beautiful Mansion in Encino. We are getting 10 Playboy models. There will be 1-2 Playmates and the rest will be Playboy Cybergirls.
We'll be adding models when they are hired, so stay tuned!
• The event will be from 11am to 7pm.
• 11am to 3pm is the group shoot. 2:30pm is lunch.
• 3pm is 1 on 1's with six 30 minute sessions. 10 minutes to change and setup between each session.
For new photographers who want to attend our workshop • We're here to share our tips to beginning photographers.
• Ever wonder how Drew and I light our models without the background being blown out on a sunny day? Speed lights not cutting it huh? We will give you hands on experience in using affordable and portable mono lights and equipment. Try Before You Buy.
• You'll be so impressed with your images after the event that you'll be ready to order the same lighting equipment we use.
• We'll show you different light modifiers and their uses. Octobox, Octodome, beauty dish and grids will be covered.
• Check out the new Vagabond Mini! Cheaper and cost less than the original Vagabond II!
• Circular Polarizer and ND filter will be discussed and how it will improve your images when shooting outdoors or at the beach. I recommend Hoya brand.
• Once you attend our workshop, you'll be able to build up your port with beautiful models quickly.
• Students can take the remainder of day to shoot models.
Preperations: • To make use of the workshop, renting Pocket Wizards is recommended. You can rent the PW's from Calumet or Samy's if needed. If the Pocket Wizards are unavailable to rent, you may rent the Pocket Wizards from us for $10. Limited availability.
• An alternative to Pocket Wizards are Cybersyncs but they have to be purchase as camera stores do not rent them. We also have Cybersyncs to rent out. Limited availability
• Students should have prior knowledge on how to adjust their camera to manual mode and adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
Don't care about the workshop? • For photographers who don't care about the workshop, they can shoot the available models for the group shoot portion. (Please note that the workshop will be using Channel 1 on the Pocket Wizards. On the CyberSyncs we'll reserve Channel 9, if needed)
Hire models after the event for 1 on 1 shoots at 1/2 hour increments
Registration information: Event Date: Sunday February 27th
Address: Will be sent to you several days before the event.
Group shoot cost: $120, $60 deposit
Workshop cost: $160, $80 deposit
*Deposits are non-refundable unlesss event is canceled. Your deposit can go towards the next event if you can't make this event.
Please contact Drew Santos to register. I do not do registration. If you do not have Model Mayhem you can email Drew at BMWM34DREW@aol.com to make payment.
Karl is a little slow updating the OP. I have been getting deposits without knowing the "donation" amount. If you sent me a message, I didn't get it. MM messages are still messed up. Karl tried to send me a message last night and it didn't go through. Hold off on your messages until MM fixes the problem. In the meantime, if you're interested in attending, please post on the thread or send your deposit so I have a head count. We might sell out witout posting the Playmate/s and models. LOL
Btw, the "donation" for this event is $120. $60 deposit to my paypal address. You know we will sell out quick.
This is turning into a "name-your-Playboy-model" shoot. I love it, LOL. Personally, I don't really need to see what the models look like. Drew and Karl never disappoint. Moreover, it they were good enough for Hef, they're good enough for me.