Sponsered by: When Drew and I first started to shoot at the beach almost everyday, our first bikinis we bought were from Dangerous Curves. Drew's favorite is the Melon bikini
Ok back to our regular program...
Drew sold his soul to get this mansion in Riverside!
Brand new location in Riverside! 8,000sq ft., 10 bedrooms on a 3 acre lot.
Who are you guys? We are Drew and Karl, both glamour photographers in southern California. We bring you some of the best events in southern California. We have photographers from around the world to come to our events. Why? Because we bring you the hottest models all in one beautiful location for you to shoot.
For new photographers who want to attend our workshop • We're here to share our tips to beginning photographers.
• Ever wonder how Drew and I light our models without the background being blown out on a sunny day? Speed lights not cutting it huh? We will give you hands on experience in using affordable and portable mono lights and equipment. Try Before You Buy.
• You'll be so impressed with your images after the event that you'll be ready to order the same lighting equipment we use.
• We'll show you different light modifiers and their uses. Octobox/Octodome, beauty dish and grids will be covered.
• Check out the new Vagabond Mini! Cheaper and cost less than the original Vagabond II!
• Circular Polarizer and ND filter will be discussed and how it will improve your images when shooting outdoors or at the beach. I recommend Hoya CP and/or Hoya ND4 filters for 77mm lens.
• Once you attend our workshop, you'll be able to build up your port with beautiful models quickly.
• Students can take the remainder of day to shoot models.
Preperations: • To make use of the workshop, renting Pocket Wizards is recommended. You can rent the PW's from Calumet or Samy's if needed. If the Pocket Wizards are unavailable to rent, you may rent the Pocket Wizards from us for $10. Limited availability.
• An alternative to Pocket Wizards are Cybersyncs but they have to be purchase as camera stores do not rent them. We also have Cybersyncs to rent out. Limited availability.
• Students should have prior knowledge on how to adjust their camera to manual mode and adjust aperture, shutter speed and ISO.
Don't care about the workshop? • For photographers who don't care about the workshop, they can shoot the available models for the group shoot portion. (Please note that the workshop will be using Channel 1 on the Pocket Wizards. On the CyberSyncs we'll reserve Channel 10, if needed)
Please note that the Pocket Wizards are 4 channels unless you get the Pocket Wizard Max. You WILL be triggering with other photographers on the same channel.
Hire models after the event for 1 on 1 shoots at 1/2 hour increments
Registration information: Event Date: Saturday 23, 2011
Time: 10:30am - 7pm. Group shoot is from 10:30am to 2:30pm. Lunch is from 2:30pm to 3pm. Then at 3pm the 1 on 1's start.
Address: Will be sent to you several days before the event.
Paypal payment: Don't have Paypal? Better apply for one or miss out!
Group shoot cost for those who don't care for the workshop: $100, $50 deposit
Workshop cost including group shoot portion: $140, $70 deposit
*Deposits are non-refundable unlesss event is canceled. Your deposit can go towards the next event if you can't make this event.
Please contact Drew Santos to register. I do not do registration. If you do not have Model Mayhem you can email Drew at BMWM34DREW@aol.com to make payment.
Information here subject to change. We have the right to refuse any models and photographers to our events.
I've never been to one of these group shoots before, so wanted to ask a few questions about it if that's alright.
How does it work with models that show up at the shoot? Does everyone just negotiate for shoots ahead of time? or at the event? or both?
also if you bring your own model, and she only wants to shoot with you,is that ok?
I guess I'm trying to understand how these group shoots work.
Bright Candle Photo wrote: Dont forget to look in the cracks of the couch!
Mark you are a freaking genius! (why do all asians have to be smart?) I looked inside my thigh support and bammmmmm I am half way home. Thx Mark. (Yes my shit is dirty, what can I say...I am a dirty dog)