login info join!
Forums > Events > SoCal > SoCal 'Taco Tuesdays' in Inland Empire (ongoing) Search   Reply
first5455565758596061last
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Monkey says this is BULLSHIT bitch... I want THE GRAPES!... lol

http://www.neatorama.com/2013/04/27/Thats-Not-Fair/
Apr 30 13 08:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:

LOL Clarkmeister... always workin it... lol... borat

Always workin it? You mean aggressive recruiting of young ladies? Hmmm. I wonder where I learned THAT?

Apr 30 13 12:43 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

Always workin it? You mean aggressive recruiting of young ladies? Hmmm. I wonder where I learned THAT?

Don't know... but WOW... that guy's a great role model... lol

Apr 30 13 01:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Don't know... but WOW... that guy's a great role model... lol

Indeed. He was workin it overtime on this young lady...

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v81/p1569496888-4.jpg

Apr 30 13 02:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Can't make it to TT tonight, so I leave you with one more shot of Teri, until we meet again.

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v92/p1568253006-5.jpg
Apr 30 13 04:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

Indeed. He was workin it overtime on this young lady...

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v81/p1569496888-4.jpg

Yeah... she tried to bribe me with flowers... but I'm a hard sell... lol

Apr 30 13 06:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Yeah... she tried to bribe me with flowers... but I'm a hard sell... lol

You're too funny. She was obviously attracted to your equipment.

May 01 13 01:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:
Can't make it to TT tonight, so I leave you with one more shot of Teri, until we meet again.

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v92/p1568253006-5.jpg

Looks like a nightclub... where's this place Clarkmeister?

May 02 13 10:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Looks like a nightclub... where's this place Clarkmeister?

VIP Nightclub in Riverside. A lot of photo ops. I may go back.

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v80/p1568253244-5.jpg

I used my 50/1.4 prime lens plus flash head, bounced off the cabana ceiling for these shots. Program mode, ISO 400, flash on TTL = 1/80 @ f5.6. Club photography is a challenge to get the exposure right. Still figuring it out. Got any tiparoonies for me?

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v75/p1568253472-5.jpg

May 02 13 12:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Tiperoonies?... sure.  What kind of available lights are there?  What's the best night to showup for
lots of local 'hotties'?... wink
May 02 13 08:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Tiperoonies?... sure.  What kind of available lights are there?  What's the best night to showup for
lots of local 'hotties'?... wink

Forget available lights. It's dark, except for some string up lights you see in the background. I was there on a Saturday night, first time. I assume Fridays and Saturdays are always jumping.

My quest is to figure out the optimal settings for indoor flash in this situation with the lenses I have. I did not bring my zooms that night because they are too long and not very fast. The 50/1.4 prime allowed me to take pics without flash and still keep the ISO down, like this one @f2 ISO 800 (same girl):

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v80/p1568252554-5.jpg

What I really need is a fast, short zoom, say 16-100. 50mm fixed is too restricting in this crowded situation.

Anyway, nightclubbing with a camera is fun, fun, fun. There's always plenty of colorful characters around who don't mind getting their picture taken.

http://cthompson.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v94/p1568252038-5.jpg

May 02 13 09:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Fast short zoom from Sony?... do they even make something close to what you need?... hmm
May 02 13 11:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Fast short zoom from Sony?... do they even make something close to what you need?... hmm

Good question. But I don't think any manufacturer makes what I really want: 16-100/2.8. That's constant 2.8 throughout the range. Does Nikon make anything like that?

May 03 13 08:15 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FotoGregg
Posts: 997
Riverside, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:
Good question. But I don't think any manufacturer makes what I really want: 16-100/2.8. That's constant 2.8 throughout the range. Does Nikon make anything like that?

popcorn  popcorn  popcorn

May 03 13 06:18 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

Good question. But I don't think any manufacturer makes what I really want: 16-100/2.8. That's constant 2.8 throughout the range. Does Nikon make anything like that?

Good question... and NO... Nikon doesn't make anything like that... but my 24-120 F4 ED-VR is razor sharp... has a stronger telephoto range... and it comes close... wink

May 03 13 08:23 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:

Good question... and NO... Nikon doesn't make anything like that... but my 24-120 F4 ED-VR is razor sharp... has a stronger telephoto range... and it comes close... wink

Yeah, constant f4 is not too shabby. I have something similar. I get the feeling that what I want is not physically possible. So it goes.

May 03 13 11:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Thomas Tran
Posts: 361
Detroit, Michigan, US


I will be in the area tuesday the 7th with a couple of my friends, this seems like a good way to network.
May 04 13 10:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Thomas Tran wrote:
I will be in the area tuesday the 7th with a couple of my friends, this seems like a good way to network.

Hey Thomas... it surrrrrrrrrre is... should be a good group of us there this coming Tuesday... and FREE chips and guacamole for EVERYONE!... come on down... borat

May 05 13 01:08 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Shot of Alexis at the Riverside shoot!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/473093_324751634317083_1571557288_o.jpg
May 05 13 07:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Shot of Alexis at the Riverside shoot!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/473093_324751634317083_1571557288_o.jpg

Go ahead Alexis, turn my world upside down!

May 05 13 11:24 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Good news for VIP members... there are now FIVE HUNDRED photos slots available on your MM portfolio... borat
May 06 13 12:57 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Good news for VIP members... there are now FIVE HUNDRED photos slots available on your MM portfolio... borat

WHAT! Are you kidding? Must be the competition from Facebook.

May 06 13 05:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

WHAT! Are you kidding? Must be the competition from Facebook.

Yeah they're finally starting to do some things RIGHT on this site... like dumping that 'aggrevated assault room' called shoutbox... borat... a source of moderator headaches for years... hmm

May 06 13 10:09 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
Yeah they're finally starting to do some things RIGHT on this site... like dumping that 'aggrevated assault room' called shoutbox... borat... a source of Nigerian scammer headaches for years... hmm

...and we finally get to view your archives. I see you are adding them already.

May 06 13 01:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

...and we finally get to view your archives. I see you are adding them already.

Yeah got a few added... but the MM pic loader has been crashing today... hmm

May 06 13 01:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:

Yeah got a few added... but the MM pic loader has been crashing today... hmm

I can imagine! Probably overloaded.

May 06 13 02:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Sensual Magic  wrote:

I can imagine! Probably overloaded.

It's back up and working again... just added a dozen more... should be up to 300 images by tonight... borat

May 06 13 05:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Seneca Thompson
Posts: 55
Anaheim, California, US


Hm this looks like fun:)
May 07 13 08:49 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
isthistobe
Posts: 17
Ontario, California, US


tacos sounds good for dinner
May 07 13 10:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bravo Magic Images
Posts: 765
Temple City, California, US


Wow that drive will cost me about $40.00 in gas money to get a $3.00 Taco But what the hell if you annit living it then why bother count my taco eatting ass in...
May 07 13 11:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Sensual Magic
Posts: 1,572
Upland, California, US


Seneca Thompson wrote:
Hm this looks like fun:)

Thompsons rule!

May 07 13 11:08 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Bravo Magic Images wrote:
Wow that drive will cost me about $40.00 in gas money to get a $3.00 Taco But what the hell if you annit living it then why bother count my taco eatting ass in...

LOL... well at least you'll get some FREE chips and guacamole... and it's TWO tacos for $3... borat... hope to seeya there... wink

May 07 13 06:00 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


RIP to my long time friend Stan Glass of SAG Photography... you will be missed my friend.  Here's a link to Stan's MM tribute page:  http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=891123
May 10 13 02:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Ran into some great models and photographers at the Extreme Auto Fest who plan on coming this Tuesday.  Could be another 'three big table' night... borat... hope to seeya there... wink
May 12 13 05:49 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Select Models wrote:
RIP to my long time friend Stan Glass of SAG Photography... you will be missed my friend.  Here's a link to Stan's MM tribute page:  http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=891123

Stan's memorial dinner party was pretty enlightening.  Talked about some of the funtimes.  Didn't realize Stan was a former USAF trooper like myself.

May 14 13 06:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


ATTENTION ALL PHOTOGRAHERS ATTENDING TONIGHTS 'TACO TUESDAY'!

Free chips and guacamole for you tonight, and a $10 discount on attending the next Select llamas event... the May 18th 'Double Pond and Deep Forest Shoot'... details here:  http://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=891572
May 14 13 03:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bean
Posts: 868
Mira Loma, California, US


Damn Gary, Who's dropping the ball?  It's been a whole week since you posted anything here !!  See you tonight !!
May 21 13 04:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Michael Bean
Posts: 868
Mira Loma, California, US


Select Models wrote:

Yeah... she tried to bribe me with flowers... but I'm a hard sell... lol

But on the down side - We haven't seen her since this picture was taken !!

May 21 13 04:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Four tables filled with 'Taco Tuesday' partiers last Tuesday.  Turnouts are pickin up BIGTIME at TT.  Hope to see a lot more new faces next week... borat
May 23 13 04:28 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,092
Upland, California, US


Once again... guess what time it will be at the May 28th 'Taco Tuesday'?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/GaryAbigt/Partytime1_zps8b885c5a.jpg

Yep... another 5 or 6 tables filled with talented MM peeps munchin out on FREE chips and guacamole... and ALL MM members and their friends are invited... borat
May 25 13 10:57 am  Link  Quote 
first5455565758596061last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers